House Kurita Introductions

295 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Given that we are from different games (MPBT, different mechwarrior leagues, tabletop etc) I thought it would be wise for us to introduce ourselves and get to know each other's experience level so we can get more "chummy." :) So I suppose I will go first.

I'm Paladin Brewer and most of my experience comes from MPBT. My first involvement with the BT universe was actually the pods in Chicago as well as the Battletech cartoon. I eventually found my way into MPBT: Solaris on AOL in the mid-90s. I've been in every house, some multiple times, but I settled in House Kurita eventually and have been here for many years. On a little note, HK is the only house to actually forcibly remove me, but here I am anyway *chuckles.* I spent most of my time in the 22nd Rasalhague Regulars, which later combined with the Tooth of Y'mir to become 9th Sword of the Dragon. Around the time of MPBT:3025 I became the RCO of the 9thSD. After the death of 3025, I played some leagues, such as War! Online. Also when AOL went pay to play, I played Mechwarrior 2 online for a while as well.

Eventually I fell into Inner Sphere Wars (ISW). There I helped arrange the ranks, units, website and jump paths for House Kurita. I eventually became the Warlord of Rasalhague. Anywho, ISW died out, and I haven't done any mechin' sense. I participated in some other MW4 league as well...possibly with DCM? I can't remember the groups name, I would have to do some googlin' :D But looking forward to playing with you folks, hopefully we get organized and look pretty in the future.

#2 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I have played every battletech related game that has been made, MPBT was by far my favorite. I played mostly with Su Chi Wai, DC Havoc, AK Wraith and I am sure there were others that I just can't recall at this moment (Sorry it has been a LONG time). Favorite mechs wiere the Panther, Enforcer, Catapult, HBK-4J.

I look forward to teaming up with everyone again, hopefully this game can recreate the truly great gaming experience that was MPBT.

#3 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Greetings

I have originally started playing Mechwarrior games on AOL Solaris, and moved to Gamestorm after AOL went pay for play. I started with the stable DragonMaw of House Marik, back in the days when Ito was House Leader. My stable went independent mercenary prior to the time of moving to Gamestorm. We fought many weekends alongside House Kurita in fights against Steiner and Davion.

Once we moved to Gamestorm, we became members of the DCMS in the GMD. Those days had great battles with the simulation games of the Inner Sphere conducted by Roller and Tarl Cabot. Later I joined the MPBT game helpers both on Gamestorm and AOL.

When MPBT 3025 started my stable was with House Liao. It crushed us all when EA trashed the game that was the most fun I played since becoming a mechwarrior. I still have not purchased an EA game yet!

A few years later I became involved with ISWARS. I was second in command for House Kurita. After a few short years ISWARS faded to nothing, and I thought my mechwarrior days were completely over.

I find great hope in this new adventure, and the continuing of my beloved mechwarrior to a promise of the best yet. I am hopeful and wish the developers and publishers the best.

May Honor Sharpen Your Steel

TC

#4 Bigwinner

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlroida

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

Gents,

I am really fired up to see another Mechwarrior game. I have pretty much played all the Mechwarrior PC games that were released. Mechwarrior 3 (Starlance oo how I miss it) and MPBT 3025 being my favorites. I can not wait to play again. Ready to get in a 45 ton mech and take the enemies of my House to their knees. I migth host a ventrilo server for the house in the near future.if there is some interest in it. However the release date being so far away it hardly seems like a good idea to start agonizing over the game now.

By the way anyone who played in Starlance should know my team Word of Blake.

#5 Alexander Hadrios

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra, Segmentum Solar, Imperium of Man

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

I was real young when i got my start in MW2 and never really had the chance to play competitivly due to the fact that by the time i had the ability i couldnt find any leagues or such! I have played every mech game since MW2 (except the MW4 black knights expansion... hate house steiner too much). I've been a loyal warrior of Clan Wolf against the Jade Falcons, and a Davion Warrior against house Steiner, but the most fun i had was ripping through the FedCom Civil War as an oppurtunistic ******* of a merc.

Now though, im looking for some good old fashioned honorable combat and sword swearing, so to HK it is!

Fav Mechs: Nova, Dire Wolf ppc custom, Uziel, and pretty much any powerful laser platform i can snipe with!

#6 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

View PostLord de Seis, on 01 November 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I have played every battletech related game that has been made, MPBT was by far my favorite. I played mostly with Su Chi Wai, DC Havoc, AK Wraith and I am sure there were others that I just can't recall at this moment (Sorry it has been a LONG time). Favorite mechs wiere the Panther, Enforcer, Catapult, HBK-4J.

I look forward to teaming up with everyone again, hopefully this game can recreate the truly great gaming experience that was MPBT.

Looks like we'll get a chance to fight again :)

Made my start as Clanner scum in MW2:Mercs with Ghost Bear playing MercPPP then signed up with Draconis Combine in the same league.
Joined every MW league I could find and/or convince my buddies to join, made a bit of a name for myself/ourselves as mercs under the name Damage Inc., Metalus Gravis, and Black Death Union.

Can't wait to jump into the cockpit again.

Edited by }{avoc, 02 November 2011 - 09:32 AM.

#7 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

View Post}{avoc, on 02 November 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

Looks like we'll get a chance to fight again :)

Havoc! Excellent! How have you been?

#8 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hailz all! Aidan here. I am the former Recruting Officer for Draconis Combine when NBT was using MW4 Mercs as the game platform. My name back then was Gihei. I was teaming with other Mechwarriors like Mad Dog Kill aka MDK, Nasu, Jackal, JollyRats etc.

#9 Havoc2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 505 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

View PostLord de Seis, on 02 November 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Havoc! Excellent! How have you been?

Good good, been jonesing for the next installment of the BT franchise and jumping back and forth between DAOC (quit again lol) and Global Agenda while waiting for SWTOR to come out. Which may be a short-lived career if MWO is released on time.

#10 Tam Wolfcry

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

***** Howdy,

I first started Battletech back in the 80's with the box game. The warhammer on the cover had drawn me in. I played it for years until finally finding CHR in college. During the early 90's, I got involved with a battltech mud (3026 I think). I had joined house Davion at first, but then rolled over to Kurita and joined a good group of people there. That game was a blast. Since then, I've gotten pretty much every battletech game that came out, but was always drawn to the MW line. A few of the others didn't stick very well, though I did enjoy the xbox game a bit. I still have models for the tabletop version (though I lost my collection about 10 years ago and had to rebuy stuff within the last few). My favorites are still the Unseen. I wish HG would let them use those images. Either way, I've already reconnected with a few college friends due to this game and hope to ride in a mech once more.

***** Tam

#11 DCM Elektrik

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 01 November 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

...possibly with DCM? I can't remember the groups name, I would have to do some googlin' :) But looking forward to playing with you folks, hopefully we get organized and look pretty in the future.

Ya, that was us =]

#12 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

I don't think it was though Elektrik, but I can't find it :/ Who was your leader in like the NBT leagues? I would know his name if I saw it :)

#13 DCM Elektrik

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

I don't think it was though Elektrik, but I can't find it :/ Who was your leader in like the NBT leagues? I would know his name if I saw it :)

Hawk/Motown/Havoc....any of those-my memory's fuzzy too, but I remember you (at least I THINK I do lol!)

#14 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Nah I didn't play with DCM then. I didn't think I did. You probably remember me from 3025 or ISW.

#15 DCM Elektrik

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Nah I didn't play with DCM then. I didn't think I did. You probably remember me from 3025 or ISW.

oh ya! you're right! told you-old man memory, ROTFL!

#16 klat

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'm Klat from the CBT forums. As you can probably gather from that most of my experience has been on the table top. I played MW2 many years ago and really nothing that was both electronic and BT related since. Heck, I haven't even gotten the hang of Mega-Mek yet :)

#17 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

Gokigen'yo~

I post on CBT-fora as Onisuzume.
Furthermore, I enjoy MW4Mercs and AT1:B.
Also, toying with SSW is fun (although I don't save most designs).

#18 Takashi Fuchida

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Misssouri

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Greetings All,

As i have replied to other posts already, i played Solaris on AOL Beta for awhile and eventually moved to Simutronic's Gemstone and Dragonrealms (text based games) for years up until recently. I have played many incarnations of the various text based MUD's that came out including 3026, All the way up to Frontier Lands and i have played multiplayer on MW2 and then skpped MW3 multiplayer and returned to Multiplayer with MW4... I played Multiplayer online as Darkfold for MechAssault on Xbox Live.. however mostly i have used this name Takashi Fuchida for most of the experience (if i was in a clan i used a bloodname like Wolf or Ward). I believe my name in Solaris was Striker (a name i shared with my brother). I am a devout fan of the battletech series and have collected and read all of the books.

I am also an avid collector and player of RPG on the PC and Game Consoles.

Bout all i got,

Takashi Fuchida
A.K.A. Carl

#19 Chauffeur

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'm fairly new to the mechwarrior universe, having started with MW 3 and MW4, picked up a book or two, and enjoy the material.

I'm looking forward to the new Information Warfare pillar of this game, as when I played Mechcommander 2 I saw how critically important information is. Scouting and info control is something I hope to expand into.

#20 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

There can be only one ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users