36 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ask your questions now, and we'll do our best to answer as many as possible on Monday. So there you go, ask away!

#2 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Have you guys ever considered making customization more akin to refit kits in Strat Ops? See page 188 for what I mean.

#3 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available for missile systems and autocannons?
  • From the released gameplay footage, and some PGI comments, it seems that SRMs in MWO are not going to be guided as they are in canon. When planned equipment (listed in Ask the Devs 1) like NARC Beacons, TAG, Artemis IV, etc. comes into the game, will SRMs be able to get any benefit from them?
  • What is your plan to balance DHS vs standard heat sinks, given that canonically DHS is better in just about every way, gives 10 free engine heat sinks (against all logic) and only costs 3x as much for 2x the cooling (and heat sinks are basically cheap anyway)? Or is it even a concern?
  • Où sont les Neigedens d'antan?

#4 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 13 September 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Have you guys ever considered making customization more akin to refit kits in Strat Ops? See page 188 for what I mean.

Great point, how could I have forgotten those rules. Perfect for this level of tech. Sure omnimechs can swap out pods. Standard 'mechs need much more work to tailor them. As I have mentioned and asked elsewhere. Buying refit kits would allow players to keep their Founder's 'mechs current with new tech.

For my question. Are there any plans to have random map generation?

Total Warfare and Tactical Operations outline many base landforms and landform overlays that might exist. Write a few good algorithms to keep houses from appearing in volcanoes or lakes. Roads running up a mountain.

Are there any plans for random weather and its effects on weapon fire?

If you could incorporate the optional rules found in TO it would make for a far more engrossing game experience. Combine that with random map generators. Persistent and evolving player driven universe.

*shivers* It could be beautiful *tear*

Edited by Rhyshaelkan, 13 September 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#5 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Whens the UrbanMech coming?

#6 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ask the Devs 1 provided a list of the equipment planned to be available at launch.

Are there plans for MechWarrior Online to eventually (post-launch) include some of the more rarely-seen weapons and equipment items?

Some examples include:
Binary Laser Cannons (around since 2812; relatively rare, but available)
Hardened Armor (produced by the Federated Commonwealth in 3047)
Mech Mortars (recovered by the Federated Commonwealth in 3043)
Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry (recovered by the Capellan Confederation in 3035)
Superchargers (available since the pre-spaceflight era)
Triple Strength Myomer (production-ready version from the Capellan Confederation in 3050)

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Same question again:

Can you provide a list of variants for mechs currently in beta?

Can you provide a list of variants for the remainder of the announced battlemechs?

#8 XBigBenX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSaxony /Germany

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi there,

My first question goes about the Forum. It seems a little bit unstructured. So how about to post the changelog after each patch in the Forum . So everybody can discuss related thing there. I maybe decrease the number of post whit the same content.

The second question is about the mechs. I'm an assaultmechpilot...so i want to know when we can expect the next assaultmech? And i don't mean the Stalker.

The third question goes about weapons. When do we get the Ability to switch the LB-X between Slug and Shot?

And my last question is about the Minimap. I mean this one which is in the HUD. Would we been able to zoom this Map in and Out? Because in the current setting it's pretty useless. I mean, i'm playing at 1920x1080 and i just see the grid next to me.

Thanks Garth for ur permanetly attemt to keep us informed. Well done so far...keep going.^^

At least..sorry for my bad english...hope i can undersatnd what i tried to say.

P.S. Another Question goes about the Matchmaking. Is it planed to change anything in this system? I mean special the case of PUG vs. Premade. I mean its pretty unfair to let 8 Pug's (or even less, because matchmaking sometimes start even with only 5 vs 8) fight against 8 Premades who talk via C3 or TS. Because of this i'll mention a shortcutsystem for standardmessages. such as "need help", "Fall back" and so on. Seen such a shortcut in the F2P-game Combat Arms. It would be good for Pug's as long the C3 solution i'st implemente completely.
Question added Sunday the 15th

Edited by XBigBenX, 16 September 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#9 Aquavolt

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I heard we'll be able to choose a new permanent Founders' Mech at the start of open beta, is this true?

#10 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Is there any plans to locate servers anywhere but USA?
Europe (or even Russia :P )? ;)

~300ms ping is disappointing, but some time i have ping >400. It's really killing faster then any Guass rifles :-D

And is there any plans for founders clan mechs? :(

#11 Angus Lok

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey,

Due the past legal issues surrounding some of the "Battletech" mech designs can you confirm the or deny the possibility of some of my favorite ground pounders ?

Battlemaster
Rifleman
Archer
Warhammer
Maurader
Griffin
Wolverine
Thunderbolt

Just to name a few.

Thanks !

Edited by Angus Lok, 13 September 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#12 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Are you guys going to add music (heavy metal) to MWO?

#13 Ic3Dog

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Are there any Stuff for a Corp to buy? Like Hangars or Jumpships or else
Is there a way to customize the base (usefull things, repair bay or else)
Will be there bigger Matches with 12 - 32 - 64 Players?
Will be the skilled mods avaible for the Beta for testing?
Are there More Weapons in Future?

#14 Ringel

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi folks!
Sometimes I feel like I deal lots and lots of blows with ER PPC and Gauss and the enemy is still walking happily around, while I get three or four blows and gone.
Seems ***** to me. And yes, I'm hitting the target ... and no, not with a Jenner, but with Dragon, Awesome and Atlas.

#15 Ringel

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Another question:
Could you please make it possible to cycle automatically through the weapons?
You know, something like just hitting a fire button = single fire from weapon one, hitting again = single fire from weapon two and so on.

And PLEASE make those LRMS more unprecise. There's lots of dumbsters just standing around somewhere, bombing anything with LRM rain to oblivion without any marksmanship. No honour in it. Blah!

Edited by Ringel, 14 September 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#16 Faolan65

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

As previously asked, just showing additional interest:
+1 for LB10X slug/shot toggling
+1 for alternate LRM/SRM ammo types
+1 unit wide purchases (hangers, jump/drop ships, etc) or unit wide pooled/shared resources
+1 for epic sized matches (64+ players)
+1 HUD-map zoom, manipulation
+1 variants of announced but not released mechs

Is a test range in the mechlab in work?

Any plans to put ballistics in the Ballistic weapons?

any plans to buff PPCs to make them just as lethal as GR? I'm cool with the high heat, (as it should be for PPCs) but the applied damage doesn't justify the heat.

MWO needs ridiculously huge maps, something that takes scout mechs at least 10 minutes to cross, that way they can actually be used for scouting, spotting, and/or ambushes can be set (and even better countered-ambushed). Please tell us there are huge maps on the way.

PLEASE PLEASE elaborate more on the Community Warfare aspect of the Open Beta, give us something that assures us that MWO is going to be more than battle-in-a-bottle, repair, repeat.

Is a Solaris type play system in work?

Also there was a post about being hit and not knowing from what direction. what are the chances of rather than making the cockpit shake when hit, that it reacts to what direction its been hit from. for example, hit from behind lurches you forward, hit from the side lurches you to the direction the round was traveling, etc.

Thank you guys for all the hard work and making Mechwarrior EPIC!!!!

Oh and one more thing..... LAMs? :P

Edited by Faolan65, 14 September 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#17 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Did Marketing green light BattleMech 16 yet?

#18 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

What do you have against Cthulhu?

#19 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostRingel, on 14 September 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Hi folks!
Sometimes I feel like I deal lots and lots of blows with ER PPC and Gauss and the enemy is still walking happily around, while I get three or four blows and gone.
Seems ***** to me. And yes, I'm hitting the target ... and no, not with a Jenner, but with Dragon, Awesome and Atlas.

View PostRingel, on 14 September 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Another question:
Could you please make it possible to cycle automatically through the weapons?
You know, something like just hitting a fire button = single fire from weapon one, hitting again = single fire from weapon two and so on.

And PLEASE make those LRMS more unprecise. There's lots of dumbsters just standing around somewhere, bombing anything with LRM rain to oblivion without any marksmanship. No honour in it. Blah!

Posted Image

#20 DariusTheSnow

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

OK now heres a question will the enviroments and enviroment structres like gas tanks and such be destructable and cause damage to near by mechs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users