I suggest this. Heres my card info, charge me.

7 replies to this topic

#1 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yea ok my title is crazy. But I have two suggestions for paid-options, and one wild but maybe valid one.

Charge us for an API. Many of us are drooling for an API or API's for things like multiple RL displays, VR helmet display and HUD, and other things. I think joystick support should be fairly out-of-the-box in this day and age, but anything that would take significant time to program, test and debug... make us pay. If I spend anywhere between $200 and $1000 making a cockpit with couch and screens in all the right places, surround sound audio, and either a pneumatic or motor-driven cam system that makes my seat rise and lower with each footfall, I will pay for an API to connect this beast to the game.

Next suggestion: charge us for cockpit highlights, such as colored Neon lighting or CCFL accents. Inside the cockpit and maybe outside. I would think that many players would like to change the "glow" color of the internal ambiance of their cockpit, same as us gamers sometimes like to light up our custom built PC's. In essence, the 'Mech is your custom built can-o-whup-arse-opener and we will spend a great deal of time customizing them and living with them (sounds like my commuter). Would the glow look good coming from behind panels, or from the top, from behind the chair or from behind instrumentation panels below eye level? Just don't allow it to glare in your eyes and it might look nice.

Yet another suggestion: IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, develop an API that Virtual World Tesla pods can use to adapt their control setup to the new MWO game and log-on to expand their content, and license it to them under contract. That or you need to have brand new MWO-branded pods developed. Contract with someone to build a small fleet (if venture capital can be secured) and tour around with literature and radio announcements, get the word out and setup at shopping Malls and conventions, etc... I will volunteer some time where you need me just to help educate new MechWarriors. It would be nice if the shiny new trailor that carried them opens doors on the sides and partially lowers the pods out of the trailer to suspended them in mid-air say a few inches off the ground. Then they could bounce around on pneumatics/hydraulics during gameplay and even though the triailer should have wide stabilizer feet, it might still rock a bit from all the pod action on both sides, which is more realistic. Unexpected rocking while fighting in a 'Mech pod? I'll pay up for sure. Where do I swipe. Do you accept google wallet? Oh, pre-paid "Mechwarrior license" for the pods. CR80 size PVC or poly card with mag-strip.

Edited by TimberJon, 29 February 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#2 Maverick Howell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Is it that hard to accept this game will be free to play?

#3 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

I think he means that he would pay out of pocket for features to be implemented that would end up being 'niche' ideas.

#4 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Is it that hard to accept this game will be free to play?

A free to play game generally makes money out of selling individual items/features, so I dont understand your comment.

#5 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

Please join in the conversation over at the Dev Blogs, "Why you want MWO to be F2P"

http://mwomercs.com/...400#entry136882

#6 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Metro I will take a look. I actually don't want it to be F2P... I want to pay something.

#7 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

I have to agree with TJ on this.

So go ahead give me all that stuff and charge it to TJ s card, oh and thanks

PS I do like his ideas.

#8 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

the thing i take out of this is the idea of someone being able to build their own cockpit, i like that idea, but it may be too expensive to produce the interface for the devs.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 02 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users