You guys have no clue how close to gameplay you're actually watching

58 replies to this topic

#1 zverofaust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Paul says we have no clue how close to gameplay we're watching, referring to the trailer.

False.

This is clearly the game start sequence we'll be seeing as we enter a game/match. This will be our Personal Mech Hanger. When we enter a game we'll get that same drop sequence. If the trailer had continued, the screen would've faded black, the map loaded, and then presto, we're in game, maybe plunging from the sky.

#2 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

When did the Daishi come into the BT Universe? 3050 (Hopefully)?

#3 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

That's obviously a troll, since there was 0 gameplay in the trailer, and the minister of misinformation said it.

Controlling the HALO would be nice.

#4 Dragon Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 29 February 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Paul says we have no clue how close to gameplay we're watching, referring to the trailer.

False.

This is clearly the game start sequence we'll be seeing as we enter a game/match. This will be our Personal Mech Hanger. When we enter a game we'll get that same drop sequence. If the trailer had continued, the screen would've faded black, the map loaded, and then presto, we're in game, maybe plunging from the sky.

Actually, it's clearly the 'Mech bay of a Leopard Dropship. This is likely to be the attackers' entry sequence (which will hopefully be different for every 'Mech chassis and variant.) Hopefully, the defenders' entry sequence will be marching out of a 'Mech hanger on the surface of the planet.

#5 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 29 February 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

"Paul says .."

That was your first mistake. Paul would tell you that he sold his grandmother to aquatic pole vaulting gypsies if he thought you'd believe it. :)

Edited by LakeDaemon, 29 February 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#6 Cruiser

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostFACEman Peck, on 29 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

When did the Daishi come into the BT Universe? 3050 (Hopefully)?

If memory serves me right, the Daishi was indeed used in 3050 by the Smoke Jaguars when they invaded the Combine, and was named by the Combine (Daishi is japanese and means "Great Death").

#7 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostCruiser, on 29 February 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

If memory serves me right, the Daishi was indeed used in 3050 by the Smoke Jaguars when they invaded the Combine, and was named by the Combine (Daishi is japanese and means "Great Death").

I love your signature picture, I loudly out laughed my coz sitting next to me.

#8 Anthill

• PipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUp In Your Mech Bay, Liberating Your Salvages

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Regardless of what Paul said (Actually, the saying "regardless" and "Paul" in the same sentence is rather redundant) I can imagine the Attackers all starting in a dropship, or even a lance starting in the same dropship. The transit time would give each side time to plot strategies, get organized and mike spam before the battle begins. Of course, a lot of this depends on the format of the game modes.

#9 Mims

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

I think just this once paul isn't trolling us.

#10 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

You'll see some of the components of the video in the final game, most notably a version of the start up sequence. Some of the elements are for entertainment purposes only. We plan to use a lot of what you see post launch for a gameplay mode currently in design. The rest of the assets are going to be re-used for MechLab.

#11 Mims

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Another game mode? And confirmed Mechlab. this is the greatest day of information so far.

#12 ScrewCityChris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 29 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

You'll see some of the components of the video in the final game, most notably a version of the start up sequence. Some of the elements are for entertainment purposes only. We plan to use a lot of what you see post launch for a gameplay mode currently in design. The rest of the assets are going to be re-used for MechLab.

Thanks! I am going to dream of dropping in behind enemy lines and Skjaldborg having our own personalized dropship now.

..Would it be too much to ask if the Skjaldborg could get their own Overlord dropship? PS we may need more than one since its only 36 mechs and all.

#13 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

The Skljpaoiouer will only get a cube big enough for 3 Mechs.

#14 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 29 February 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Bryan (not Paul) said it, therefor it must be true.

#15 CPUuser123

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostMims, on 29 February 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Another game mode? And confirmed Mechlab. this is the greatest day of information so far.

lol...
and confirmed start up sequence!
...right...

#16 ScrewCityChris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

As long as I get my Awesome, I dont care about anyone else. So. Can my cube be a nice oiled bronze color?

#17 Convaras Bloodskorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 29 February 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

But with those three we will do the work of 10 :)

#18 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostCruiser, on 29 February 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

First of all, it is not a "Daishi." That would be a Spheroid nick-name. It is called a Dire Wolf. Calling it a Daishi all the time is like calling an Awesome "Dumb Overheating Blob Thingy."
Second, you are right the Smoke Jaguars used the Dire Wolf in their assaults, but it was also used commonly by other invading Clans, much to the dismay of the Inner Sphere.

#19 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Certainly piqued the interest, but I'll reserve excitement for when I first see two mechs firing at each in anger while watching real frapped MWO gameplay... even for two seconds. A gauss and a PPC exchange. That's all I ask... :)
*Then* it's on!

#20 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 29 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

That's obviously a troll, since there was 0 gameplay in the trailer, and the minister of misinformation said it.

Controlling the HALO would be nice.

Imagine how many clueless or afk players would smash up and die before the match starts then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users