21 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Q: Have you guys ever considered making customization more akin to refit kits in Strat Ops? See page 188 for what I mean. [Stormwolf]
A: Yes, and we feel our system is the best mix of tabletop, past MechWarrior games, and our own spin. It allows customizability without compromising the idea and purpose behind the weapon, chassis, etc. [Garth]

Q: Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available for missile systems and autocannons? [Solis Obscuri]
A: I believe this is the third time I'll have answered this, but yes, there will be alternate ammunition sources at some point, though they'll be later in development. [Garth]

Q: Whens the UrbanMech coming? [DrnkJawa]
A: Later. [Garth]

Q: Are there plans for MechWarrior Online to eventually (post-launch) include some of the more rarely-seen weapons and equipment items? [Strum Wealh]
A: I think we might consider these AFTER we've added the more prevalent things. We'd need to have a need for the items though, and not just to add them because they're there. Would they get used? Then probably. [Garth]

Q: Can you provide a list of variants for mechs currently in beta? [Redshift2k5]
A: Once the NDA is lifted, yes. [Garth]

Q: Is there any plans to locate servers anywhere but USA? [Vovochka404]
A: Yes, but I can't say when (because I have no idea.) Suffice to say we're planning on it. [Garth]

Q: Will be there bigger Matches with 12 - 32 - 64 Players? [Ic3Dog]
A: We plan to launch with 12 versus 12 matches. If possible, we'd love to add larger matches later, but that will be up to the engineers. [Garth]

Q: OK now heres a question will the enviroments and enviroment structres like gas tanks and such be destructable and cause damage to near by mechs? [GunLocked]
A: Can I say maybe? Does that work? 'Similar things are planned,' how's that? [Garth]

Q: For my question. Are there any plans to have random map generation? [Rhyshealkan]
A: No. Despite what people think, the work involved and likelyhood of horrifically balanced maps is very high. [Garth]

Q: What do you have against Cthulhu? [Butane9000]
A: Nothing, though he is merely a sub-deity; petty compared to Shub'Niggurath. [Garth]

Q: Où sont les Neigedens d'antan? [Solis Obscuri]
A: Voulez-vous dire 'neiges'? (Changement climatique). [Garth]

Thanks for your questions everyone, and we hope you enjoyed the answers!

Cheers!

#2 Dogma Style

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Are there plans for Battlearmor (elemental for example) or non-bipedal mechs?

#3 Dustein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 357 posts
  • LocationX: -304.07 Y: 291.54 (Lyran Alliance - Australia)

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thankyou once again Garth :P

#4 Wheel of the Law

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm not sure why he decided to answer questions he'd answered already. Were there not enough new ones?

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostDogma Style, on 17 September 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Are there plans for Battlearmor (elemental for example) or non-bipedal mechs?

Wait for the "Ask the Devs 18!".

I think it was already answered in one of teh earlier ones (at least quad mechs for sure).

And Solis Obscuri is OP. :P

#6 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

no.
If he'd answered it already, he could've just told him to search the forums, instead of losing a spot for a potentially better question.

Edited by tyrone dunkirk, 17 September 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#7 pname

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMarseille, France

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 17 September 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Q: Où sont les Neigedens d'antan? [Solis Obscuri]
A: Voulez-vous dire 'neiges'? (Changement climatique). [Garth]

Bonjour !

Je peux parler français aussi !

Cool & nice to meet you !

@+

#8 CloaknDagger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

So you answer other questions for a third time, but mine gets ignored?

Sigh.

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Q: Can you provide a list of variants for mechs currently in beta? [Redshift2k5]
A: Once the NDA is lifted, yes. [Garth]

That's only half of my question, and not even the important half. We won't even need you to provide a list of the variants currently in beta when the NDA is lifted, the information will be readily available (and is already available to a large number of players).

#10 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Q: Have you guys ever considered making customization more akin to refit kits in Strat Ops? See page 188 for what I mean. [Stormwolf]
A: Yes, and we feel our system is the best mix of tabletop, past MechWarrior games, and our own spin. It allows customizability without compromising the idea and purpose behind the weapon, chassis, etc. [Garth]

Yeah, but the idea behind the Catapult K2 is pretty much compromised if people put two gauss rifles into those slots where the machine guns used to be.

#11 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostCloaknDagger, on 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Sigh.

You should try being more OP. ;)

#12 CaptGunzou

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Q: I got a good one. When will the official Free-To-Play download be available to people like W.O.T is? I know you said to wait until 2012 well it is now close to 2013. :P

#13 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 September 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

That's only half of my question, and not even the important half. We won't even need you to provide a list of the variants currently in beta when the NDA is lifted, the information will be readily available (and is already available to a large number of players).

Wait your a founder.... why do you even need a list in the first place?

#14 NessOnett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

I was referred to this thread and this quote from another thread. And I really don't understand this. Like I REALLY don't understand this. I'll try and repeat this in the next questions threads because I'm not sure how much you follow up with the answers ones but:

HOW? How is it not compromising? How does the HBK-4SP fill any different role from the CN9-AL? They have the exact same armor, speed, tonnage, and nearly identical loadouts. The only difference is how they look(and subsequently how you aim against them).

I see no difference in purpose between different mechs. And we only have 8(9). Soon to be dozens hopefully. Take the hunchback for example. It's "purpose" in the BT universe is to be one of the few medium mechs to be able to field a large ballistic weapon because the entire mech is built around the shoulder cannon. But next to nobody uses a ballistic variant of this mech because the centurion does it better(without painting a giant target on its RT).

Purpose of weapons? The purpose of big weapons is to be stronger than small ones. And small ones only being taken when there is inadequate space for larger ones. But as it stands now, every weapon takes essentially the same amount of space. And every mech has the same space in each section to work with.

People harp on MW3 for being "too customizable" and there being 4 mechs. "light gunbag," "medium gunbag," "heavy gunbag," and "assault gunbag." And that's pretty much how I feel about this game right now. And it's only going to get worse as more mechs are added.

I implore you to ask for feedback and look into changing your system now before it gets overfilled by too many new chasis. Theres a reason this question keeps coming up over and over, and it's because the current system is disliked by a large section of the community. Even just changing the amount of slots that different mechs have per section(smalls have less space, hunchback has extra space in its RT), would go a long way to giving mechs identity again.

#15 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostCloaknDagger, on 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Sigh.

Well, mine weren´t as well ...
while I don´t complain about it, it would definitely be very helpful to know whether the Devs pick the questions they are about to answer by random, or if they only specifically answer questions they want to answer
(because, if it is reason 1, it would make sense to put my same questions into the next Q&A ... if it is reason 2 however, it would probably wasted time)

#16 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Meow.

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 September 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostButane9000, on 18 September 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

Wait your a founder.... why do you even need a list in the first place?

Because I asked for all variants of the upcoming mechs as well. He only answered half of my question.

Plus I think non-beta players should be allowed to know which variants we have in the beta.

#18 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

PGI has repeatedly stated that new players would get at least 1 mech. (http://mwomercs.com/...eetchat-roundup)
Is this still the case? If not why? If new players don't get a decent choice of a mech, how is that different than starting in a lower tier tank in WoT?

#19 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Edited by Elessar, 19 September 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#20 Solis Obscuri

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

I've been using the same questions for weeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users