• Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

sukoshii mo ii yo

#82 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe region of Mountain Pears in the land of the Rising Sun.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Konnichi wa!

Watashi ga Nihongo wa benkyo wo shimasu. Hachi getsu no kyonen wa Nihon kara Amerika de kimashita. Ima Nihon wa shigoto masu.

It's nice to meet all of you, it's also cool that there will be some other people fighting for the DCMS who are familiar with Japan in real life.
I apoligize for my pretty terrible Japanese, writing it is still super difficult for me. Figuring out when to use things like wo and ni and ga is quite difficult.

But anyways, It's awesome to meet all of you and I look forward to fighting with you in the DCMS.

Edited by Quentin Yatoki, 23 May 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#83 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostQuentin Yatoki, on 23 May 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Konnichi wa!

Watashi ga Nihongo wa benkyo wo shimasu. Hachi getsu no kyonen wa Nihon kara Amerika de kimashita. Ima Nihon wa shigoto masu.

It's nice to meet all of you, it's also cool that there will be some other people fighting for the DCMS who are familiar with Japan in real life.
I apoligize for my pretty terrible Japanese, writing it is still super difficult for me. Figuring out when to use things like wo and ni and ga is quite difficult.

But anyways, It's awesome to meet all of you and I look forward to fighting with you in the DCMS.

No worries as long as you try! Alright let me clean that up for you: Watashi ga Nihongo wa benkyo wo shimasu = Nihongo wo benkyoushiteimasu。A couple of thigns on this one, Omit the watashi ga, The thing on this is that the subject is usually dropped when the subject is known or implied so its okay to just say "studying Japanese". The "wo" comes before the Verb to say that you are doing something. benkyousuru is one complete verb form. make sure you don't forget the u at then end of benkyou. In this case you are currently studying Japanese so you conjugate the "suru" to "shiteiru" (ing form) and to go into Formal form "shiteimasu". Next Part: Hachi getsu no kyonen wa Nihon kara Amerika de kimashita. uhh From that I get "Last year in August I came from America to Japan"? so in that case Last year comes first so Kyonen Amerika kara Nihon ni kimashita. Made it harder on yourself but its okay. Make the Sentence as simple as possible and you'll be fine. Ima nihon wa shigoto masu = Right now I'm working in Japan. Some problems here. Shigoto needs a "suru" after it to use it that way. and again its ing form is "shiteiru". Also shigoto isn't usually used that way sounds strange you can say Ima wa nihon de shigoto ga arimasu. Right now I have work in Japan. If you are working in Japan Hataraku is a more natural fit as its "To Work" as Shigoto usually used as a Noun. In the case of Hataraku it would be Ima wa Nihon de hataraiteimasu. As ing form of "to work" is 'hataraiteiru'.

Easy things on Ga Wo and Ni: Rule of Thumb GA is used for an Unknown. I don't have a Japanese Face but My mom is Japanese so when talking about my Parents I would say: watashi no haha GA nihonjin desu. But I have a hispanic face so I wouldn't use that for my dad cause it would be within reason that I would have a Hispanic father. Wo is used when u are going to do something and right before it(the verb). Ni is always used as a Location marker so use it when speaking of doing something somewhere or going somewhere. There is something weird about ni because it can be used for short term actions when the wo would be not out of place but a ni would be better. Don't worry too much about that but if u hear Ni instead of Wo then ull know.

#84 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the help. I'm still trying to get used to the flow of the langauge. Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing with all of you.

#85 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

almost forgot! Its Hachi gAtsu. Getsu is something else: kyonen hachigatsu amerika kara nihon ni kimashita. Its ok to skip particles sometimes too. you'll get the hang of it

#86 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

I always get gatsu and getsu confused. I keep doing that one. Oh well, I'll just keep practing. It's not like I don't have many chances to.

#87 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 09 May 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I"m pretty Big on Food so I know most of the Major Food Places. On the West Side of the Imperial Palace is a Legit Pork Ramen Place. In Shinjuku you can hit up some Yakiniku (KBBQ). I already mentioned Fried Chicken and Chasu in Kasukabe. If you want to visit a Maid Cafe go to Akihabara. I think its a waste of money but its an experience. South of Kasukabe in Omiya its pretty cool though the Station area and the actual city is Two Tiered so when you leave there is a Elevated Walking area and you can go down to the City. Its pretty Cool I think. If you get a Chance Kamakura for the Big Buddha and Yokohama for Sushi. I'm trying to think what you can do in Kyoto. Of Course the Shrines and Temples.

Yeah i have been to the maid cafe,it was fun, but what i really like in akihabara is the curry restraunt thats about a block off, went there several times when i was in tokyo. i ate at a yakiniku place in shinjuku as well, i forget where it was exactly one of my friends (a japanese national) took me there because there were indie record shops on the opposite corners of the 4 way intersection and he knew i was looking for certain bands i could not get outside fo japan.

Another great place in shinjuku was "mothers-rock bar" dont even know if it's still theres but it was great. buy a drink and pick a song.

#88 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostHayashi, on 12 March 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Garth agreed to set up that forum, so...

Please direct all future usage of Japanese here.

YAY!

#89 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostMCAS, on 19 May 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Hajimemashite!

Nice to see that there are other House Kurita people out here who have an interest in real Japan and using Japanese.

That started for me back when i didn't even know what it was....ah starblazers circa 1981, i have a large anime and manga collection of course but i also have a huge collection of japanese bands as my love of culture and heavy metal crossed paths.

Behold the mighty seikima II
Posted Image

And a band i have been following since they were an indie favorite-Onmyo-za in hei-an period costume no less
Posted Image

there are of course many other aspects of japanese culture i fell in love with over the years. i wish i could have a japanese style bath in my house those soaking tubs are so relaxing.

Edited by Slepnir, 28 May 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#90 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostORIGINAL SteelWolf, on 28 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Only Full Japanese Discussion in Japanese Forum All the Rest Stay here as many people do not actually understand Japanese. Scoot along ::ugu-san::
And For the rest of the people in Kurita Feel free to ask questions in this thread Concerning Battletech, Japanese Language or Japan. Myself or Hayashi will be happy to oblige

And Inouye-san may comment as well... ::Though I wonder with that strange y in his last name he might be a 'special' kind of Japanese Person:: (there is no 'ye' in Japanese :::there was maybe about 300-800 years ago but it was ''je''::: maybe that just makes him Important hahaha) ::::our secret weapon::::

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 28 May 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#91 Alexander Sakamoto

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSt-Jé, Québec

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Sugoi na!! Really nice topic. Been in Japan 4 times and love the language and culture. Nihongo wa sukoshi dake wakarimasu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!! BTW, on a side note, are you in House Kurita Timberwolf-san?

#92 Darius Otsdarva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

My nihongo is on the horrifically rusty side. I'll see if I can brush up.

Yoroshiku!

#93 Towpok

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRa Calium cruiser

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Going through this thread reminds me of Gundam pilot vocabulary... lol

#94 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Nihongo des ne.

It's been nearly 20 years since I studied Japanese and unfortunately I didn't have anyone to practice with once I quit studying martial arts.

Lucky for all you Dracs, or I'd be spying on you. :mellow:

Edited by Monsoon, 02 October 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#95 3clipse

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Boku wa nihongo de chotto hanasu. Kurita FTW! :mellow:

#96 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Goon Academy has culture encrichment classes, these classes are even offered to non-officers.

One of the first words taught in the DCMS/House Kurita chapter is:

死ぬ

In fact, thats the only word taught.

Edited by Supremacist, 03 October 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#97 Chikubi Delite

• Pip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 14 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Lol Supremacist,

If I see you in game, I'll enjoy teaching you the true meaning of that word.

#98 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 28 May 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

That started for me back when i didn't even know what it was....ah starblazers circa 1981, i have a large anime and manga collection of course but i also have a huge collection of japanese bands as my love of culture and heavy metal crossed paths.

Behold the mighty seikima II
Posted Image

And a band i have been following since they were an indie favorite-Onmyo-za in hei-an period costume no less
Posted Image

there are of course many other aspects of japanese culture i fell in love with over the years. i wish i could have a japanese style bath in my house those soaking tubs are so relaxing.

I prefer Ex-Girl... :)
http://www.exgirl.jp/main.html

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 04 October 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#99 flashdrive

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

I appreciate most things about the culture but the J-pop thing I def can't get with

lets all run away to nihong

#100 Atlessa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

This thread reminded me again how much I'd love to properly learn japanese.
When I first tried, it seemed to be the easiest of all the languages I (had to) learn over the years...
But that quickly changes when actual grammar is introduced xD

Anyone willing to teach me? ;)

View PostAtlessa, on 14 October 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

This thread reminded me again how much I'd love to properly learn japanese.
When I first tried, it seemed to be the easiest of all the languages I (had to) learn over the years...
But that quickly changes when actual grammar is introduced xD

Anyone willing to teach me? :rolleyes:

Oh and I have a question: What would the "Clan" terms 'quiaff?' and 'quineg?' be in japanese?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users