#1 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

The economy is very close to where we want it to be, however there are a few special cases where players are seeing poor rewards.

We are currently tracking user data very closely. Ongoing tuning and behind the scenes adjustments are in our testing environments and will go live over the coming weeks.

The economy is our number one priority.

Stay tuned for more details.

#2 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Update #1 - Some founders are experiencing poor economics. Your average NET rewards after repair and rearm should be around 75-90K. More if you are crafty.

I will be doing a larger update tomorrow. I ask everyone to take a deep breath and hold tight until then. For those up in arms, I do want to express one reality.
  • There will be some progression - Light to Assault by virtue of how we've designed the economy. This is a good thing. Keep in mind our goal is NOT to create an arms race.
  • There will be a grind. Most good players will top out at between 750-1.1M CB per hour of play time.
  • Also, once you make a purchase using CB, that item is permanent, unless of course you sell it. So while it might take a few hours to save up for an XL Engine, once you have it, it's yours.
  • Trial Mechs are here to stay.
  • The reward system has a component coming called Combat Score. Combat Score is an aggregate system that rewards player performance. The current CB values awarded reflect the AVERAGE Combat Score rewards once it goes into play. So good players will earn above par and vice versa for average players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users