Where is the good 'ol Reverse button?

8 replies to this topic

#1 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

From DevBlog5 it seems that they left out the ability to complete an instant reverse.

I do hope they leave this out! Oh it was great in MW4 because of the benefit of popping just over a rise enough to fire at something and gain cover quickly. But this game is fixing all that entrenched bullcrap and making us think. Thank Kerensky.

So the reverse is missing from the blog, but it might be left out... since Paul mentioned that they were really just giving us some basics for the sake of giving us something on controls.

The only way I see a 'Mech quickly reversing is if they pull a dead-stop, and then full reverse. Will this work or not? I don't know. But I know that I stand by my suggestion that the 'Mech has % chance to stumble to one knee or fall down from initiating a dead-stop.

#2 EDMW CSN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Backspace ?????

#3 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

you can press a button for complete stop than move your speed into reverse

think it was the "c" for stop than "S" for reverse ,

#4 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm hoping you can record marcos for such things ;) which will give me one up from the other suckers on the battlefield B)

#5 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

directional jump jets?

#6 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I stand by my opinion that a "quick reverse" should not be possible. Dead-stop then reverse... mm okay. I hope it has a bit of a reverse delay even from dead stop, say a slow acceleration. We don't need the backspace reverse from MW4 being in the game, or anything similar being abused in MWO. Oh it would be useful in tight quarters or urban combat but we just don't need it. If Mr. deadmeat stuck his head out from around a building, he deserves to lose it.

#7 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

If you have a throttle you just pull back on it...? Either way an "instant" reverse shouldn't happen. Mechs are heavy and take a bit to stop and get going the other direction.

#8 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Imagine you're running (W). Suddenly you want to stop (that'd be X). Then you want to back up (that'd be S).

Unless you're asking if you can defy physics and go from full tilt forward to full tilt backward. In which case no you can't do that.

#9 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

I imagine they'll remove a toggle forward/backward button & require deacceleration before being able to reverse this time around, (that way our hoolah dancers & hot cocoa don't obstruct our view ;)) but who knows? The said button is great for cheap corner/ridge shots but personally i prefer good 'ol face to face combat.

Edit: Garth beat me by 8 minutes, i knew i should have kept it simple

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 08 March 2012 - 11:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users