TAG

48 replies to this topic

#41 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostBudor, on 24 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

If i Tag an enemy mech that has not yet been spotted/locked on by my team (empty triangle) do i have to lock it "R" or is it sufficent to paint it with the TAG to make it visible to other teammates?

As a general practice, when I see any empty triangle I immediately target it. When TAGed, the empty triangle becomes visible to anyone on your team not affected by ECM (assuming you, as the TAGer, are not under effects of ECM) -- even if they have no line of sight to the target. Hopefully, someone somewhere will target that sucker and unload LRM death on them, but it still can't hurt to target them yourself to see what their mech is packing.

#42 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostPyrrho, on 24 January 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

As a general practice, when I see any empty triangle I immediately target it. When TAGed, the empty triangle becomes visible to anyone on your team not affected by ECM (assuming you, as the TAGer, are not under effects of ECM) -- even if they have no line of sight to the target. Hopefully, someone somewhere will target that sucker and unload LRM death on them, but it still can't hurt to target them yourself to see what their mech is packing.

Ok nice, ty. I asked because i couldnt recall ever seeing an empty trianlge that is not in LOS with a TAG marker over it.

#43 NebuHSV

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRingsberg, GER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Rais Zombie(thread) and obey your Master!

What i want to know is WHEN TAG and Artemis give their bonus?

Example, i TAG my target at max range and lock my artemis LRM's, hit the button and the swarm goes up in the air. Meanwhile my enemy is getting the "incoming missile" warning and walks behind a hill, i hold the target because my scout has still LOS to it, but I don't have LOS or TAG by myself.

So when does TAG and Artemis bonus count, the time i shot, or the time my LRM'*****?
What is, if i start indirect fire and before my missiles hit, my target walks in my LOS and is getting TAGed by me?

#44 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostNebuHSV, on 13 March 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

Example, i TAG my target at max range and lock my artemis LRM's, hit the button and the swarm goes up in the air. Meanwhile my enemy is getting the "incoming missile" warning and walks behind a hill, i hold the target because my scout has still LOS to it, but I don't have LOS or TAG by myself.

So when does TAG and Artemis bonus count, the time i shot, or the time my LRM'*****?
What is, if i start indirect fire and before my missiles hit, my target walks in my LOS and is getting TAGed by me?

I know its a necro thread and feel bad posting in it, but:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1936618

WEAPON LOCK TIME WITH TAG, NARC and ArtemisIV

TAG decreases weapon lock time by 50%
NARC decreases weapon lock time by 50%
ArtemisIV decreases weapon lock time by 50%

ArtemisIV has to have line of sight with the target in order to grant any bonuses

TAG and ArtemisIV work together to decrease weapon lock time by 75%

TAG and NARC work together to decrease weapon lock time by 75%

ArtemisIV will always replace any bonuses from NARC. Even if Artemis does not have line of sight.

MISSILE TRACKING BONUS WITH TAG, NARC and ArtemisIV

Tracking helps missiles retain lock on a target. It helps a little with stationary targets but it is mainly used to control the hit % on moving targets.

It follows the same rules as above with weapon lock time.

TAG and NARC work together.
TAG and ArtemisIV (with line of sight) work together.
ArtemisIV trumps NARC.

#45 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostNebuHSV, on 13 March 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

First: LRM'***** lol filter

Secondly, your TAG and artemis will work when they step into your LOS, I believe, it will take time for the missiles to bunch up. Guess I need to head to the testing grounds and try and test this out. XD

#46 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nevermind the missiles, you can also uncover that sneaky ECM mech for your team mates. Ever been in that situation, where you spot ECM mech sneaking behind your friends, but writing it to chat is way too slow? Paint it with TAG and hit R, and everyone notices it.

Also, when on voice coms, have you noticed how hard it is to call ECM cloaked targets? Point it with TAG and reap the results.

Edited by xRatas, 13 March 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#47 NebuHSV

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 8 posts
  • LocationRingsberg, GER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

@hammerreborn: yeah, i know that, but my question was WHEN does the cpu calculates how many missiles will hit my target with TAG/artemis? Does TAG give the bonus when the missiles start, or when they hit the target? Do i have to TAG my target when i hit "fire" or it is sufficient that i TAG my target when the missiles hit my target. There is more often more than 1sec between these two points than i thought.

@baltasar: with the last update my FPS drops to 4 in brawling situation, i switched to lrm just to stay in the game.

@xRatas when i first used TAG i just wanted to see these damn large D-DC's not to enter the brawling zone with nearly full armor. I head mounted the TAG in my Hunch 4SP and it was fun. Even now, when i use LRM's by my own i love flankTAGing my target without shooting immediatly so i dont give my position too early.

#48 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostNebuHSV, on 13 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

@hammerreborn: yeah, i know that, but my question was WHEN does the cpu calculates how many missiles will hit my target with TAG/artemis? Does TAG give the bonus when the missiles start, or when they hit the target? Do i have to TAG my target when i hit "fire" or it is sufficient that i TAG my target when the missiles hit my target. There is more often more than 1sec between these two points than i thought.

The trajectory can vastly change in midair so I assume calculations occur periodically. If you lose target and regain you can see your missiles almost pull a 90 degree turn when you re-lock the target, so I assume that there is constant feedback that changes the "missile tracking" from both tag and artemis (basically, as long as you have LoS artemis starts making the missiles group up towards the target, and when lost they spread out again). Casual observance seems to suggest this, like when you burst out from cover (which they dont have los from) and you see 100 missiles suddenly veer straight for you.

#49 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostNebuHSV, on 13 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

@baltasar: with the last update my FPS drops to 4 in brawling situation, i switched to lrm just to stay in the game.

@xRatas when i first used TAG i just wanted to see these damn large D-DC's not to enter the brawling zone with nearly full armor. I head mounted the TAG in my Hunch 4SP and it was fun. Even now, when i use LRM's by my own i love flankTAGing my target without shooting immediatly so i dont give my position too early.

You might have seen the Joseph Mallan on the forums before. There is a reason we call him death at 4 fps. He had your problem and could only play LRMs for a while. I sympathize for you on that note. Sadly I don't know when the cpu actually calculates it.

Pretty sure TAG it doesn't calculate at fire (although artemis doesn't appear to regain the spiral when you fire indirectly and regain LOS but that might just be ascetic.) TAG should near impact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users