#1 clutchgetspaid

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

Artwork by Captain Bourboneer.

Carried aloft upon the Winds of Battle, we drift through the Inner Sphere. Wandering masterless and homeless, stricken by the memories of what was. Our forefathers were forced to witness the death and destruction of all they held dear. Left behind by their fellow Star League soldiers, driven from the world they called home. Hounded at every turn by the so-called Lords of Succession.

Now we have been forced to live in exile, and this Mercenary lifestyle. Fighting in the pay of one power or another. Earning enough money to keep ourselves and our families whole. Struggling to retain our independence. Yet even here we retain our honour and serve only the noblest of causes. Fight only on the side of the righteous. Stand only against the oppressors. We strive to live by the ideals and virtues of our forebears. Hoping against hope that someday the Winds of Battle shall carry us back to the home we cannot name once more.

We are the Windbourne Highlanders.

The Winds shall carry us home.

~Kiel Randor

The Windbourne Highlanders are now recruiting!

What you need to know:

The Windbourne Highlanders are modeled as a mercenary regiment with members from around the world. The unit itself is made up of players of all experience levels and from all walks of life. We have seasoned veterans who've played every BattleTech/MechWarrior title ever released since the first tabletop game came out in the early 80s and we have members who had never even heard of a battlemech until they found this website. Whatever your experience or your play style, you will find a home in the Windbourne Highlanders.

Regardless of your playstyle, be it casual or hardcore, we will never judge our members on their win/loss ratio or kill counts. “Have Fun. Work Together” are the primary orders of the day. Although we want to win as much as any other unit out there, we are more concerned that our members know how to follow orders from their operational commander while on a drop and have fun at the same time.

So if we sound like the right outfit for you, strap on your kilt and come join us at http://www.windbournehighlanders.com

Edited by HighlanderClutch, 11 April 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

You can find us on the MWO Beta Teamspeak server, just look for a dropshop with the [WBH] tags in use. We've got people on about 16 hours a day, so drop in and give us a test drive. B)

#3 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Attention all future highlanders! do not be fooled by the imitators!! There is only one true highlander unit, and this is it! There are others out there that would lead you astray! If you feel that you have what it takes to be a highlander apply now and well see if you really have what it takes!!!!

-sb-

#4 CapnTytePantz

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Well said, brothers! All you wayward souls, seeking safe harbor and a dram of the good stuff to warm your soggy bones, drop by the WBH site, pull up a stool and grab a pint at the pub. Slainte! :D

#5 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationKristiansand-Norway/Santiago-Chile

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

My mom told me to never lie, so i dont. WH is made up off excellent people that like to have some blasting fun :(

#6 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

WBH has a strong presence on TS3, join us for some organized fun :) and cause havoc!

#7 clutchgetspaid

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

http://www.windbournehighlanders.com

#8 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Weekend approaching fast! Bang bang boom boom! incoming!

#9 Firescream

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have been having an absolute blast dropping with my fellow WBH, and I encourage anyone to stop in and give us a look be it our site: http://www.windbournehighlanders.com/ or droppping into the NGNG TS to chat with us.

#10 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

That TS3 MWO Beta Server is HOT!

#11 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

The last couple nights we've been suiting up groups of 8 on the MWO teamspeak server, and running medium mechs only. The game matches us up with a similarly equipped team, and the resulting brawls have been EPIC. Come join us!

#12 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

It shouldn't be allowed that Atlases can shoot at your Catapult from the other side of the map.... Headshot! :/

#13 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

If you haven't run into [WBH] gentlemen on the TS3 server, you're definitely missing out. Been having a great time and put my application in. Now I just gotta get my brother to get his application in :).

*EDIT:* "If you haven't run into [WBH] Pilots"
(They have women in their ranks as well ... at least one ... my apologies to Kimberlily)

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 02 October 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#14 GlenDragon

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHighlands

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

I have had the opportunity to drop with a couple of other units but would like to drop with the WBH a few times. Do you have a preferred TS3 channel where I could hook up with some WBH pilots?

GlenDragon

#15 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostDavid Scott Glendragon, on 02 October 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I have had the opportunity to drop with a couple of other units but would like to drop with the WBH a few times. Do you have a preferred TS3 channel where I could hook up with some WBH pilots?

We run most evenings on the unofficial MWO Teamspeak server (addy is in the Beta section). Just check the dropships for the [WBH] tag.

We also run on the No Guts No Galaxy Teamspeak server ( 63.209.37.2:9196 ) and you'll see a few channels under Windbourne Highlanders there.

Hope to drop with you soon!

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 02 October 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#16 Xaxius Colnier

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

there are two places we usualy congregate

In the No Guts No Galaxy TS3 server
address:ts7.gameservers.com:9196

And in the Unoffical MWO beta ts3 server
(check the beta forums)

#17 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostDavid Scott Glendragon, on 02 October 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

GlenDragon

This post makes so much sense.

#18 Roisin

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Anyone use the website any? It looks well done for the bit that I can access. I'm interested, new to MWO I played as a kid, wish I could get it running on this machine.

#19 clutchgetspaid

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for the application, Roision. Someone should be reviewing it and getting back to you in the very near future.

#20 Shogoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostRoisin, on 03 October 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Anyone use the website any? It looks well done for the bit that I can access. I'm interested, new to MWO I played as a kid, wish I could get it running on this machine.

You will (if accepted in) be surprised all the functionality the site has. Im quite impressed by the effort that has been laid down into it.

On another note, a note to self: "if tagged dont use jumpjets to max altitude. -Missiles will hit you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users