39 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

You know the score, ask and we answer (some things. Not all. Also only easy questions.)

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

How do you plan on implementing the new camo skin from PC Gamer? Will it be a one time application or can we swap it on and off or between chassis?

#3 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Higher Blood pressure , Paul or Fox ?

Cheers.

#4 Greyrook

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Can you release any more details as to what Faction Warfare is going to look like? I feel like that game element is going be the difference between a fun but limited PvP game and the massive scale universe we're all hoping for.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

What about Hula Girl Physics™? Did Matt forget about his promise? ;)

Edited by Adridos, 27 September 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostAdridos, on 27 September 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

What about Hula Girl Physics™? Did Matt forget about his promise? :D
The PC Gamer Coconut bobble is a Technology Demonstrator for future Hula Girl Physics™ roll-outs.

My question is: When the game has officially Launched and the Inner Sphere is up for conquest, will all of the Lone Wolves be folded into the organized fights of Mercenary Corporations and House-Loyal units, or will there be an independent Matchmaking system aside from the Conquest Warfare?

(excluding any kind of S****** fighting arenas)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 September 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#7 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Will collision perpective be changed in the near future?

Will additional heat/heat shot/falldown penalties be added in with the introduction fo DHS, such as pilot black-outs (unconciosuness) or the concussional/dehydrated drunk goggles effect?

Edited by ManDaisy, 27 September 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#8 Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Will there be an in-game place for friends to stumble into instead of finding each other externally in TS? Basically a meeting place of sorts.

#9 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

I have two questions.

First there was a previous statement made about the open beta which was: "Now the next date of course is the injection of the founders purchasers, and let me be the first to break the news, this date has shifted from July 17th to Aug 7th. There is a very simple explanation as to the new date - some of the key production hardware was delayed in arriving to the data center. We simply need to make sure we have a minimum amount of time to work with the production hardware and be confident that we can handle the loads of the Founders Program. Of course the next date to come along after that will be Open Beta. I cannot announce a date at this time but I can say we are still going to ship this summer as promised, so if you look at the Founders access date of Aug 7th and when summer ends, one can probably make an accurate enough guess as to our currently planned open beta date." So can we get any information on the state of the open beta? (also quote comes from Russ).

Second question: If Battlemech 16 was supposed to be saved for something special why was it just randomly announced?

#10 Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

When a collision happens, is there any thoughts on whether or not there should be a uniform way the mechs recovers?

Edited by Kilgore, 27 September 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#11 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

With the idea of role warfare we have been given a selection of mechs designated to specific roles by lore and actual function (speed/armor/guns/etc). Is it the development team's vision and expectation that players would deploy these mechs in like fashion or can we feel free to take what we know (beta or non-beta) about the mechs and their implementation and redefine them (within the hardpoint limitations) to suit our own ideas of the role and fuction of a given mech?

#12 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Mech 16 was a cool announcement, but does not seem to have coincided with anything special (which was stated to be the reason for the lack of a new mech announcement for over a month). Was that 'something special' supposed to be the upcoming article in PC Gamer magazine, which rumor has it includes an image of a not-yet-officially-announced Assault class mech?

(I know this may not be an 'easy' question, so I won't be offended if you skip it)

#13 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Every day until it happens; Open beta / NDA lift when? :D

In all seriousness though; When are you guys actually going to tell Garth he was fired two weeks ago and he can't sleep in the office anymore?
When will we see some more sexy desktops of events happening in River City? We get a lot of images from the map Frozen City, but I don't think we have yet to see River City aside from Desktop WP #9.

#14 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

1.) Is it possible to change the direction of your jump while you are using your jump jets so that you may first jump in one direction but than you may get a slight curve? If it isn't are you planing to implement something like that?

2.) Even if it isn't a question directly concerning the game but what is interesting me... :D : Is there a possibility that you could encounter a complete team of Devs/Mods at a match. e.g. a special event once in a month or something like that?

3.) Are you planing to develop something like a training room for the fractions? (e.g. something like the tutorial but vs real opponents which are also at a TS channel or something so they can give you some info about your gameplay... ^^ )

4.) Is it possible to run along between the legs of an Atlas if you pilot a flea? :) (Actually the flea has 20 tons and an Atlas 100 tons (and is much smaller)

5.) Is it possible to make a head shot at a mech if you are at his back? (of course only if his head/cockpit is high enough so that you can see it?)

6.) Is there something more powerful than a young boy's wish? <_<

7.) There was once a thread where someone asked about some ideas we want to see as gimmick at our mech cockpit...something as it was announced at the PC Gamers Magazine. Are there more gimmicks coming and are they available? (with MC or CB or GXP?)

8.) Are there also other insignias available not only the faction insingias and if yes...can you earn them or do you have to buy them?

Edited by Nash, 27 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#15 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Question redacted - involved NDA info. My apologies.

Edited by Comassion, 28 September 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#16 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

The PC Gamer annoucemnt got me wondering: what magazines/blogs/forums does the dev team rely on to stay up to date on gaming technology?

#17 Sturmspetz

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Will tonnage limit gamemodes come in the near future or at a much later date?

Will new maps be created at a much greater pace eventually?

#18 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostComassion, on 27 September 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I've read some compelling forum posts on how [REDACTED] has been somewhat harmful to [REDACTED]. For instance, the [REDACTED] was a fairly [REDACTED] in TT, but not in MWO. Do you have any plans to look at [REDACTED]?

Careful there, beta info in public forums is a no-no!

#19 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

What fuels your sadistic behaviour, for not bringing the ZEUS? ;)

#20 Rathe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Will AMS's be limited per mech, or will we be able to put an AMS in every missile slot on the mech? Will there be modules to increase AMS effectiveness? Maybe a module that lets you put AMS into missile slots?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users