ISN News Flash

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Mon. Mar 12, 3049: Accusations of un-fair treatment of Arkab Legions by DCMS, despite five centuries of loyal service, surface once more.

#2 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Must be their contract expired , time for negotations to begin.

#3 Vertous

• PipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSummerville, SC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

i agree they need to negotiate

#4 Dlardrageth

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Mercs... :huh:

Yeah, right, a house unit has its contract run out and thus needs to (re-)negotiate with the DCMS. :ph34r:

Way more likely the somewhat autonomous status that Arkab enjoys isn't all about bells and whistles only. The odd man out isn't always the beloved and spoiled hero(ine) like the Lyran Holoweird industry wants to make us believe. ;)

#5 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Arkab isn't like a normal House unit. They fought a guerilla war against the Combine until they final settled on an uneasy peace. The Combine was so impressed by the ability and courage of the fighters (horse mounted infantry and hovercraft fending off DCMS line troops) they decided to grant them limited independence in exchange for their services as raiders.

A little bit of that House Marik military comprimise in the lair of the dragon. ;)

#6 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostMilitantMonk, on 12 March 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Arkab isn't like a normal House unit. They fought a guerilla war against the Combine until they final settled on an uneasy peace. The Combine was so impressed by the ability and courage of the fighters (horse mounted infantry and hovercraft fending off DCMS line troops) they decided to grant them limited independence in exchange for their services as raiders.

Heh you mean the fact that they were immune to a virus that killed their enemies for them. Don't sound all that heroic to me, to bad the Combine doesn't know how to conduct immunizations, otherwise they'd have conquered Arkab.

#7 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Besides Comstar the only units where Star League mechs are still around in decent numbers.

#8 yaak

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I think these News Flash things are cool but.... Is there a dummy's guide (30-45 mins of reading?) to Battletech Universe that I can read to have these newsflashes make sense?

Or do I need to read a bunch of books and source material. =[

#9 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

The problem is that some of this info is in different source books. Usually grimm or ghost post a little something so everyone is on the same page. The sarna website is a somewhat help. I like the arkahb legion myself. I think besides them doesn't the d.c also have a group of planets full of russians who also are a regiment in their ranks?

#10 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postwhiskey tango foxtrot, on 12 March 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Must be their contract expired , time for negotations to begin.

They're a house unit...They jsut don't fit well with the overall culture.

#11 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postyaak, on 12 March 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think these News Flash things are cool but.... Is there a dummy's guide (30-45 mins of reading?) to Battletech Universe that I can read to have these newsflashes make sense? Or do I need to read a bunch of books and source material. =[

Short version: no. Long version: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Timeline

#12 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 12 March 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Also known as Ghost The Community Moderator

#13 Tahawas Pitts

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

There is a lot to the Battletech universe. You have to remember that at this point it is older then a few dozen countries and the books are what has kept it together to the extent it is.

#14 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostKartr, on 12 March 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Heh you mean the fact that they were immune to a virus that killed their enemies for them. Don't sound all that heroic to me, to bad the Combine doesn't know how to conduct immunizations, otherwise they'd have conquered Arkab.

The Combine found the cure a ong time ago.

#15 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 12 March 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Short Version possibility?

It's the brief "Universe Guide" for new players.

#16 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

Ha! Good luck with that. The closest thing we get to an abridged history of the Inner Sphere is the crappy intro to the old Cartoon Series. Most of the people replying in this forum are old time vets, from the ''Good Ol'Day'' when PPC's looked like shots from the BFG from Doom and a we all had to learn to lag shoot! God I just dated myself. Anyway, You may want to check out youtube, there have been a few decent abridged history of the IS videos made, but most if not all lack certain critical infromation or else make huge errors that ruin them. The only advise I can give you man is strart reading. The history and fluff surrounding Battletech/Mechwarrior is by far one of the most comprehensive and well devellopped Sci-Fi franchises out there. Just remember that you stand with people that in some cases have been playing and reading this stuff for going on close to 30years now, don`t get discouraged, it is so worth the effort (especially the novels). If not, Sarna.net which is the Battletech Wiki (hats off to those guys!) and a trully wonderfully source of information.

Read on mate, read on!

Cheers

Col. Alexander Fury
Fury's Fussiliers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users