Blood of Heroes: OOC Thread

347 replies to this topic

#41 Allyssa Marix

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Aff! lol as soon as im finished signing up. You gonna decide star commanders in a circle of equals?

#42 Allyssa Marix

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Actualy only at this time in the time line is Clan Wolverine Dead. They do show up again during the WOB's *****.

#43 Allyssa Marix

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

In 3049 prior to the Clan invasion the only world that could technicaly be claimed by the clans was Outreach. Why? Because Wolf's Dragoons were/are clan.

#44 Allyssa Marix

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Whether we like it or not the history of the Inner Sphere is written up 3145-46. We can't change that. But we can have a lot of fun in the time span up to the ji-had's kick off. Freakin WOB. Including the clans is intrinsic to the history of the Inner Sphere but why'd they skip the succession wars? Now there was some fighting. Or the Amaris ********* Civil War? Anyhow there is a great deal of work to be done. Look at EVE. It's been around more than eight years and has grown exponentialy. I believe MOL can do the same.

#45 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Wow. Please don't do multiple posts, especially if your only going to give us a snaple fact. its just super annoying

To address you post(s)
We're all pretty much aware that the wolverines are Wob, thats been in the fluff since the first comstar hand book.

Considering this doesn't take place in 3049, where Jamie Wolves mercs are isn't really important.

The logistics of how we decide command for this RP isn't really important right now. I've got it taken care, my players will be given the details in time.

Your really posting in the wrong forum for talking about the game timeline, as it has zero pull on my RP.

Edited by Gammadin, 04 October 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#46 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

"Seyla!!! and so it was written and so shall it be" ;)

#47 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostGammadin, on 04 October 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

I'm officially closing recruitment, with one spot remaining open for Thom if he so choose to take it.

Thanks buddy! I already have a mech picked out, I'm just having a time picking out a clan... I want to be different. I'm still thinking about picking a Steel Viper, and if I could fluff it to being the pilot that killed the Com* dude that sparked this entire RP that would be awesome. I'm just think of the incharacter bickering that would ensue from me being a Viper. And then I thought no matter what there should be bickering going on, especially if we're all grouped together.

Mr. Spear suggested I rolled a D20 and pick that way, and after six rolls (those rolls landing on clans that have already been picked) I landed on Smoke Jaguar... Which intrigued me as well...

Then I had the idea of playing a Wolf, because you know they wouldn't sit idle while the other clans run amok trying to add to the genepool...

Just my thoughts... Still kicking around ideas though.. and thanks for having me.

#48 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you want to play a Viper, specifically the one that took Hallis that'd be fantastic. Talk about having a chip on your shoulder, the rest of us riding your coat tale, sucking up all that honour.

Oh, and your more than welcome Chief, your the one who let me get a foothold in here on the forms with the Solaris RPG. So, i'm just paying it forward. (or backward?)

Edited by Gammadin, 04 October 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#49 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

a nova cat, smoke jaguar, and a ghost bear... that seems like all hell would break loose in this one... only thing worse would be wolves and falcons...

#50 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postdal10, on 04 October 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

a nova cat, smoke jaguar, and a ghost bear...

Just knew you were going to go with "walk into a bar" and I was so waiting for the punch line, a bit more disappointed now :)

#51 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostOni Storm, on 04 October 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Just knew you were going to go with "walk into a bar" and I was so waiting for the punch line, a bit more disappointed now ;)

Sad thing is, I was thinking the same thing... Let me have a shot at it.... A nova cat, smoke jaguar, and a ghost bear walk into a bar, and it explodes. lol

#52 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Ok. Ok... A nova cat, smoke jaguar, and a ghost bear walk into a bar. The ghost bear goes up the barkeep and asks for "a shot of your finest." A patron down the bar hears this and says "I'll take a shot too" at which point the jaguar obliges and caps him right between the eyes. The nova cats looks at them both and says "Like you have to ask, I AM the Finest shot in the bar." ;)

Edited by Oni Storm, 04 October 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#53 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

ROFL... that is funny

#54 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Don't encourage Oni. He only gets more and more punny = P

#55 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

GO ONI GO!!!
and thanks for the warning Gamma, I have him in my game... which is still looking for a mechwarrior or two, I might add... /shamelessplug

Also, look for the bio on Shara, of the Blood House Elam later this evening... bearing in mind I live in Alaska

#56 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Will try to pound out a bio when I get home, gonna be hanging with my buddy that I haven't hung with since that dumb adventure I had in Nevada... Also try to coax him into joining up on MWO for some forum RP...

#57 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'll be hammering out a bio as soon as I do a f*cktonne of clan research and get a couple confirms from Gamma. Any suggestions on what I should read other than the CSR and Clan pages on sarna? Obviously something I can read in only a few hours, and not 'Download pdfs of the BoK Trilogy'.
I'd have done that last already if I didn't loath reading novels off a screen. Turns out I'm picky like that - I love these RPs and I can read FanFics online, but not an actual book...just feels wrong.

Anyhoo. You all saw it. Nor Azman watches Babylon 5. G'Kar and Garibaldi ftw, and don't y'all forget it. Now shoo and go watch.
EDIT: I do find some amusement in Thom renaming me 'Mr. Spear'. I sound like the least subtle special agent ever. Possible exception of Mr. Hammer.

Edited by RogueSpear, 04 October 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#58 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I just used test of vengeance for the basis of my character. gave me enough insight into clan ghost bear that i got a majority of Arc's personality engrained into my head, which should let me play him decently.

#59 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 04 October 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'll be hammering out a bio as soon as I do a f*cktonne of clan research and get a couple confirms from Gamma. Any suggestions on what I should read other than the CSR and Clan pages on sarna? Obviously something I can read in only a few hours, and not 'Download pdfs of the BoK Trilogy'.
I'd have done that last already if I didn't loath reading novels off a screen. Turns out I'm picky like that - I love these RPs and I can read FanFics online, but not an actual book...just feels wrong.

Anyhoo. You all saw it. Nor Azman watches Babylon 5. G'Kar and Garibaldi ftw, and don't y'all forget it. Now shoo and go watch.
EDIT: I do find some amusement in Thom renaming me 'Mr. Spear'. I sound like the least subtle special agent ever. Possible exception of Mr. Hammer.

You could grab the PDFs of the 4 clan books, and the Tukiyyad Book and just skim through them and read the Ghost Bear stories. Hey, it's an idea and late, leave me alone, the best I can come up with on a rum soaked evening :D

#60 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Name: Shara
Blood House: Elam
Clan: Goliath Scorpion
Mech: Night Gyr Prime
Political Leanings: She is oddly passive in a world of war and warriors, usually only going to blows at the last second and looking for other ways before she does. She is a thinker and a quick mind, as well as a quick study. She is prone to dipping heavily into her necrosia on occasion, but the advantage of her poison fueled sight generally outweighs the risks for her. Most decidedly a Warden.

History
Born to the Bloodhouse Elam, Shara has always understood that she came from something greater than most. This simple knowledge along with her near unearthly grace and beauty, even at a young age earned her the ire of two of her sibkin, but she endured, and even excelled, the ease with which she manipulated her weapons and her body, which she honed even then allowed her to best her opponents in their young circles, deepening that hatred into something far more two edged than most young rivalries become in such an environ.

Once they reached the Sibcos, and their training began in earnest, her gifts began to show. She would see what her opponent was going to do split seconds before they did. She saw waking dreams on occasion, and eventually she garnered the attention of the head of her blood house. He took to some of her training personally over the next five years, instructing her in the strange ways of the Seeker. She took to it well and soon became a capable warrior and mystic to her clan.

Graduating with nothing more than what she needed to attain her right to enter the battlefield was something of a strange occurrence for those of her younger life, as they had watched her win so much so often for so many years, but many suspect that once she had reached her desired rank she simply let herself be shot down so that she could serve where she wanted until she felt she was ready to challenge for more. This is, in all probability, closer to the truth than many care to admit, but who questions the Seekers, really.

Her time in the battlefront was exemplary for the four years she spent there. She eventually earned a leading position in the Alpha Star of her Trinary in a major assault after almost two years, and excelled in both the field and the command center, showing the beginnings of a strategic mind. However, after three and a half years in the unit, one of her fellow mechwarriors claimed she was not being all she could be, letting things slide when she could take the situation with her gift...

The insult of being accused of "faking" her gift by one not a Seeker was not well received and she met him in the Dance of Scars. Unknown to the rest of the unit, she partook of necrosia prior to the circle while sequestered in her quarters in preparation and came upon a vision of how she was to prove to him that she was what she claimed, she went to the ring of her comrades in arms near drunk on the poison that fueled her sight.

She never wounded the man gravely, instead spinning just short of reach and leaving him covered in a thousand cuts before she called an end to the match, unscathed. She has since found herself growing more and more in need of the drink, but the manner in which she bested him earned her yet another enemy. He looked to her past and found friends in her old sibkin. Over the next few months he saw them transferred to his Star and then once he was ready, he tried to kill her in another Dance of Scars.

This time she left him gravely wounded along with her two old enemies from her formative years. However, this time she knew that simply wounding them would not work, as their jealousy and hatred had surpassed their honor. Taking this well in mind, she went to the master of her blood house, and old mentor for advice. Instead, she got orders, and a transfer to a strange unit, made of one warrior of each clan. She called in her favors and gathered the things she would need to be away from her homeland until she was done...

Starting with Zeus and Apollo, her two pet scorpions, and as she sees it, her eyes into what may be.

Edited by Gabriel Alexander Dante III, 05 October 2012 - 05:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users