58 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

So, here we stand again, you ask questions, I answer some of the easier ones, and then Monday we all read over said answers. So, fire away!

#2 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

First ask the devs since the NDA drop should be a good set.
Is there any idea when death from above will be implemented?
When can we expect to see the mech paint ability put in game?

#3 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Have you ever eaten at the Red Wagon in East Van ???

If so , which do you prefer , pulled pork pancakes or the pork bellies ??

just wondering.... :)

#4 bunk3rk1ng

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Are there any plans to actually knock down trees instead of simply clipping through them?

Any word on destruction of buildings? I'm pretty sure I remember doing this in all previous MW games.

#5 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

1- Can you tell us something about how the omnimechs will the handled in the mechlab?
2- Is there going to be some big event when the clans arrive? How the clans will affect the faction warfare?
3- The 55 ton mech you are planing to add will be an IS?
4- Any plans for adding PVE content to the game?
5- Can you tell us something about the next maps?
6- How the Spider SDR-5V will be handled in terms of hardpoints?
7- Can you tell us more about this "Hero Mech"?

#6 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

What are the details on the upcoming double heatsinks specifically on how they relate to engines? Are we going to be able to do a direct one for one swap with the engine heatsinks or will doubles be relegated to non-engine locations only?

#7 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ah, and one more:

8- Will we be able to mount clan weapons in IS mechs?

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

What are the details on the upcoming double heatsinks specifically on how they relate to engines? Are we going to be able to do a direct one for one swap with the engine heatsinks or will doubles be relegated to non-engine locations only?

Good one.

(I always found the doubling of the engine heatsinks unbalanced)

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Postbunk3rk1ng, on 04 October 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Are there any plans to actually knock down trees instead of simply clipping through them?

Any word on destruction of buildings? I'm pretty sure I remember doing this in all previous MW games.

Both are confirmed. Trees are sure and there will be small props destruction.

Can I ask how are you going to handle FF armour? Is the mech equipped with it going to look differently, or the same? And mainly, is it going to be variant specific? I'm asking because you have plans of implementing JR7-K, which, however, is a direct copy of the standard jenner, only with the new armour. Assuming you don't want to give it a third missile slot and leave that as a Commando feature that makes it at least a bit of a sidegrade to the Jenner instead of being a clear downgrade.

#9 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Will weapons have, such as missiles and autocannons, eventually have selectable ammo types?

#10 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Are there any plans to add penalties to the heat scale before the ultimate shutdown, such as reduced movement speed, reduced weapon accuracy, etc.?

#11 HRRxStormBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 273 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Are there any plans for an in-game general chat?

#12 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Is it decided yet if there will be the option to have a changeable Clan-tag attached to your name so we don't have to rename every time we join other units?

#13 JimSan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Got two questions here, one is cause someone didn't ask info on some announced mechs (they forgot them on their list lol) so figured I'll ask bout them heh.
  • So for the Jagermech, Flea and the Spider, what variants you got in mind for us all? (don't remember if this one did get answered, so just making sure)
  • My other question is what mech/s would you consider adding for the 75ton range? (Black Knight if your taking requests :) )

Edited by JimSan, 04 October 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#14 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

What is going on between MWO and Game Informer? I've seen you guys covered at least somewhat by every major video game magazine and website except for them - where is the love for/from GI?

I still want to know what style crust the PGI team prefers when you guys all order pizza.

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostJimSan, on 04 October 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Got two questions here, one is cause someone didn't ask info on some announced mechs (they forgot them on their list lol) so figured I'll ask bout them heh.
  • So for the Jagermech, Flea and the Spider, what variants you got in mind for us all? (don't remember if this one did get answered, so just making sure)
  • My other question is what mech/s would you consider adding for the 75ton range? (Black Knight if your taking requests :) )

Actually the Jagermech and the Spider were covered last week:

Q: What variants are planned for the Jagermech, Spider, Flea? [Redshift2k5]
A: Spider: SDR-5V, SDR-5k, SDR-5D. JagerMech: JM6-DD, JM6-S, JM6-A. I don't have the Flea variants handy, sorry [Garth]

#16 Bakra

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArlington, Texas

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Any future plans for old school mechs like the Wasp or Locust?

They are still out there…somewhere anyways.

#17 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

There have been rumors floating and even a thread made at the suggestion of making the "Somethingawful Goons" the clan forces when they are implemented. Is this the case? As they are already hated members of the community and a large enough force to fill many clans it would not be a stretch to see this happen. If not, when clans are implemented will various groups from the community be asked to participate as the invading force or will it be some other format in which the clans are implemented?

Also, will weapon damage have a carry over affect? In that if you shoot off an arm, the left over damage of a weapon will carry over to the adjacent torso.

#18 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting?
  • What is your plan to balance DHS vs standard heat sinks, given that canonically DHS is better in just about every way, gives 10 free engine heat sinks (against all logic) and only costs 3x as much for 2x the cooling (and heat sinks are basically cheap anyway)? Or is it even a concern?
  • Is 'mech 17 the Warhammer, or is it the Crusader?
  • Why does using the list function break the BB code on the MWO forums half the time?

Edited by Solis Obscuri, 04 October 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#19 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostSeth, on 04 October 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Will weapons have, such as missiles and autocannons, eventually have selectable ammo types?

They are planned, it was confirmed in yet another Ask the Devs. ;)

#20 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Can you tell us what a "Hero Mech" will be?

What will the Command Console item do?

Edited by Redshift2k5, 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users