>:{Saxons}:< Live!

28 replies to this topic

#1 QB Paladin

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC USA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Putting a thread up in case any other past-Saxons want to team up again!

Paladin >:{SAXONS}:<

#2 kaliyama

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Woohoo! Is Tatsu or anybody else still around? I suspect we're lucky if we can field a lance. :P

#3 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Theres a Tatsu out there he friended me recently so I think its my old friend :D

#4 QB Paladin

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I haven't seen any sign of him on the forums yet, but then, I've only been on here since Sunday. I spent about 4 hours trying to get my old AOL emails viewable again to see if I could get addresses for any old Saxons. Sadly, I only found 4 - and they were a mix of university and work addresses - I doubt any of them still work. I don't even have a full roster.

Good to see you guys again.

I do still have the manual I wrote for the group though. Somehow, I think I'd have to update the tactics section a bit....

Edited by QB Paladin, 05 June 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#5 MurderXDEATH

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Saxons sounds freakishly familiar, I remember it from BT on Gamestorm...been so long now....I know I saw Saxons around, can't remember if I was one back then.... too many beer between then and now sadly ;'))

#6 Stealth Death

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Awesome Seeing this thread! Will definatly consider the Saxons, once i see how units will work in this game :ph34r:
Had alot of fun with them on MPBT ;)
Anyone heard from Twinsen?

Oh also, I got alot of emails from 99/2000 on Saxons, not sure if any are good, but once you all organize if you want the list let me know...

SD

#7 QB Paladin

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Cool Stealth. Great seeing you again.

#8 MurderXDEATH

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

I kinda remember now, we played alongside Saxon in BT, I rolled with Regor in DEATH, if any of yall remember that far back.. Its how I got the DEATH on the end of my name, and I had totally forgotten till a few days ago I kept thinking about it... BT was the good ole days... ;'))

#9 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hes running round as IMTatsu ;)

#10 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Good to see the Saxons still around <s>

#11 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

A skilled commander seeks victory from the situation and does not demand it of his subordinates.

#12 Mantra

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hey Saxons, Spaceman here :lol:.

I just purchased my Legendary Founders account, super excited to play again.

Anyone remember what my Saxons rank was? lol MSgt? Maj?

Also, I forget how No Mercy fit in to all this.. it's been so long.

Edited by Mantra, 20 June 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#13 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

It's truely great to see all these familiar faces. Welcome back Saxons! Lots of good times back in the day. I look forward to fighting along side of you guys again. <DB>

#14 Stealth Death

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Spaceman! Long Time! Awesome to see ya around!
Looking forward to dropping with ya again!

SD

ps FB message me some time, for what your thinking about doing when this thing goes live :)

#15 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

The idea of the banality of heroism debunks the myth of the “heroic elect,” a myth that reinforces two basic human tendencies. The first is to ascribe very rare personal characteristics to people who do something special — to see them as superhuman, practically beyond comparison to the rest of us. The second is the trap of inaction — sometimes known as the “bystander effect.” Research has shown that the bystander effect is often motivated by diffusion of responsibility, when different people witnessing an emergency all assume someone else will help. Like the “good guards,” we fall into the trap of inaction when we assume it’s someone else’s responsibility to act the hero.

#16 Dweios

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow, It is so awesome to see all these old names! I went under Damien but I have decided to take a different handle! I cannot wait for us to be up and running again!

#17 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hail Saxons!

I don't have the words to express how overjoyed I am to see all of you again! It has indeed been far too long.

If all of you are interested in organizing, I'll start the groundwork . . . Let me know.

I look forward to dropping with all of you, raising all manner of hell, and ensuring the last thing our enemies see is our pledge, our honor, our badge . . . .

>:{ Saxons }:<

#18 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostIMTatsu, on 25 June 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hail Saxons!

I don't have the words to express how overjoyed I am to see all of you again! It has indeed been far too long.

If all of you are interested in organizing, I'll start the groundwork . . . Let me know.

I look forward to dropping with all of you, raising all manner of hell, and ensuring the last thing our enemies see is our pledge, our honor, our badge . . . .

>:{ Saxons }:<

Man it is great to have you back! It feels like an old school MPBT reunion around here. I still have all the pics I took from gencon '99. Brings back a lot of great memories. It will be an honor to fight along side you again my friend. <S>

#19 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Anyone who's interested, private message me your email address, and we'll blow the dust off this old warhorse for one more ride . . .

>:{

#20 Killer Rock

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Wow, some names here are a blast from the past for sure. And SD whats up bro! And Damien, i will still beat you with the jenner.

Edited by Killer Rock, 27 June 2012 - 01:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users