• LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Sorry for the late posting, ask away!

#2 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

What was/is the purpose of static.mwomercs.com and will the community ever be pulled together to solve a problem like this?

#3 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

What exactly will ECM and BAP do?

#4 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Would you guys consider adding PPC electronic disruption effects to enemy mechs?

These effects would include the following: Mini-map and HUD flicker, disabling night, thermal and magneto modes for short duration. This would make the PPC weapon unique with its information warfare abilities.

Edited by Maverick01, 12 October 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#5 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Could we get a clarification/new info on how being a pilot without a Founder's pack starts off their career? An old faq/dev post stated something along the lines of being able to select a 'mech on launch from one weight category. Is this still the plan and when will this take effect since everything we get during Open Beta remains past official launch?

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have three questions. Answer whichever you feel like, but the more the better. :huh:

What made you choose the lineup of mediums you recreated for MW:O? The mechs, while pretty good, are non-representatives of medium class and rather wanna-be's of other classes and roles, lacking most of medium mech characteristics.

How are jump-jets going to work? How will adding more/less of them influence their performance? Will there be any minimum or maximum to the number we can put on a certain mech?

And how are you going to handle FF armour? Is the mech equipped with it going to look differently, or the same? And mainly, is it going to be variant specific? I'm asking because you have plans of implementing JR7-K, which, however, is a direct copy of the standard jenner, only with the new armour. Assuming you don't want to give it a third missile slot and leave that as a Commando feature that makes it at least a bit of a sidegrade to the Jenner instead of being a clear downgrade.

Thank you for the answer/s.

Edited by Adridos, 13 October 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#7 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 12 October 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Would you guys consider adding PPC electronic disruption effects to enemy mechs?

These effects would include the following: Mini-map and HUD flicker, disabling night, thermal and magneto modes for short duration. This would make the PPC weapon unique with its information warfare abilities.

I would also add in the effects of breaking and disabling target lock on.

My own personal questions:

Where is Battlemech 17?

Whats the deal with the Highlander, you announced at least one variant in ask the devs 20. Is this going to be the hero mech?

Will you delay open beta based on the responses to this last patch and the state of the game made by us/we the beta testers?

Why do you guys post important updates to twitter and facebook first before posting them on this website as not everyone uses social media?

Will you guys have the free-player first mech system in place by Tuesday. As forcing players to grind in trial mechs has never been viewed favorably by the beta testers and will undoubtedly hurt the games prospects by locking free players out of one of the major core features in the game at the moment (mech lab/customization)?

#8 icey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Didnt get picked up in the Reddit AMA, so i'll try here i guess:

Hey guys, was the decision to implement the 500ms missile bay door firing delay specifically on the cat and cent designed primarily or even in part to discourage SRM6 based brawler builds, and if so, can we get it rolled back now that the SRMs have been fixed? (twice!)

failing a rollback, a confirmation of plans to have a key to leave them open and forgo that huge 3 point armour bonus would be great

Edited by icey, 12 October 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

PC Gamer is out; When do you plan to officially release the concept art for the Highlander?

Can you tell us what in-game effects you have planned for command consoles, BAP, and ECM?

How much do you plan to charge for cash shop cosmetic items (mech skins, cockpit deco, decals)?

Why are you keeping the "hero mech" so tightly under wraps? Not just the identity, but how it will be implemented into the economy; What does a "hero mech" bring to the table other mechs don't, and how much will it cost?

#10 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Are you guys planning to limit the BAP and the ECM to certain mechs? Or throw the doors wide and let any mech equip them?

Are there any plans to include an ingame music player with songs from past MechWarrior titles and new ones such as the theme-song for MWO, and or songs that the player can upload?

Does the team like where the tripping mechanic is at in game as of now? Personally it frustrates me how easy it is to trip/be tripped, cause it's a whole style of combat to trip your opponent and then shoot them while they're down, which detracts from the game experience. IMHO.

When will you guys implement the descriptions for weapons and items? Currently they have placeholder "Description for Large Laser" or what have you. With Open Beta coming, descriptions would probably be good for players who are having their first ever look at the BattleTech/MechWarror realm.

#11 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

It's blatantly obvious that Gauss Rifles can't fit in the side torsos of a Katapult. Will weapon hardpoints be re-evaluated to allow for more logical 'mech configurations? The only logical reason I can see for allowing the Katapult to begin with is as a testbed for the Rifleman and the Jaggermech, which are heavies with paired ballistics. But even those weapons are IN THE ARMS, not the torsos. A mech with a Gauss Rifle in the chest would look like a Hollander or Atlas. If the Gauss Cat is intentional, than at least remove 'ears' from the model if they don't have PPC's in them.

#12 Flatland

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

In the PC Gamer article, it mentions that you're trying to pump out one 'mech a month, and that this month's mech is the Highlander. However, the issue is labeled as the 'December' issue, but was put on the shelves Oct. 9th.

So I suppose my question is, should we expect the Highlander to be released sometime this month (Please oh please!), or in December?

Also as a followup, can we expect MRM's (Medium Range Missiles) to make an appearance at some point?

Edited by Flatland, 14 October 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#13 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

As a cockpit builder, my questions are all hardware related...

When will there be actual joystick support?

When will analog turning be implemented?

How's TrackIR support coming?

-Loc

http://mwomercs.com/...440-my-mechpit/

#14 Harrison Kelly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

With NARC weighing more, generating more heat, requiring ammo, having a destructible projectile that doesn't last very long compared to TAG, are there any plans to improve it?

Any hints on what the C3 console will do?

#15 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Will there be a computer voice like in MW2?

(i.e. voice warnings instead of tones: "*warning tone* reactor critical, shutdown imminent! *upon pressing 'o' keyboard clicks would be heard* Emergency heat shutdown, overriden.")

#16 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postpesco, on 12 October 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

What exactly will ECM and BAP do?

I was wondering the same thing.

Inquiring minds want to know.

#17 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

• Can you tell us how some mechs will be adressed in terms of hardpoints, specially the primary variant of the - Spider? (it has only 2 medium laser in the Center Torso - I suppose you will make a couple of energy hardpoints in the side torsos, for balance of the variant - am I right?)

• The double heatsinks will double the heat sinks in the engine? (personally, I think that its a major issue in the balance) If they do, it is possible to upgrade the single heat sinks in a mech to double or this is variant related?

• Are there any plans to add a PVE mode? (and maybe a PVE against the Clans) Some people posted great suggestions about a co-op mode against waves and waves of AI mechs - what do you think about that?

• What do you think about the mech Orion? is it viable for MWO?

• Where is our #17 mech?

(there is always hope in asking...)

#18 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

How are your mech prices calculated? Your calculations seem somewhat different when compared to the TT calculations.

The Atlas AS7-K seems to only be half the price of what it should be.

Just look at the following:

Mech Name: Atlas AS7-K Tonnage: 100
Rules Level: Tournament Legal Total Cost: 22.372.000
Tech Base: Inner Sphere Total BV: 2.175

Item DefBV OffBV Cost
Internal Structure - Standard 114 0 40.000,00
Engine - XL Fusion Engine 0 0 8.000.000,00
Gyro - Gyro 50 0 900.000,00
Cockpit - Standard 0 0 450.000,00
Heat Sinks - Single Heat Sink 0 0 20.000,00
Musculature - Standard 0 100 200.000,00
Actuators 0 0 116.000,00
Armor - Standard Armor 760 0 190.000,00

LRM-20 0 181 250.000,00
@ LRM-20 0 23 30.000,00
@ LRM-20 0 23 30.000,00
ER Large Laser 0 163 200.000,00
ER Large Laser 0 163 200.000,00
Anti-Missile System 32 0 100.000,00
Gauss Rifle 0 320 300.000,00
® Medium Pulse Laser 0 48 60.000,00
® Medium Pulse Laser 0 48 60.000,00
@ Anti-Missile System 11 0 2.000,00
@ Gauss Rifle 0 40 20.000,00
@ Gauss Rifle 0 40 20.000,00
CASE 0 0 50.000,00
CASE 0 0 50.000,00

Cost Multiplier 2,000
Dry Cost 22.372.000
Total Cost 22.372.000

#19 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I think many people would like to know if non-Founders will recieve anything (mech, c-bills whatever) to start with come release.
Will we be stuck grinding in trial mechs if we do not buy a Founder's pack?

#20 Hot Rod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

1.Question: look at my Sig

2. Question: For the atlas/(insert any assault mech here) will there be the possibility in the future to add extra armor for the price of crit space to get a punching bag? Because right now they are scrapmetal like any other mech.

3.Question: The Mech Efficiencies got a "visual boost", when do they finally get fixed to work as intended? And furter more Is there a slight possibility that an Assault Mech get OTHER Efficiencies as lets say a scout?

4.Question: Will there be a "support/advertise a friend" Option?

Edited by Hot Rod, 12 October 2012 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users