[VIDEO] Intro to the game and covering the basics

1 reply to this topic

#1 1Kurgan1

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Had a Closed Beta invite about a month ago, played only one round. Seemed fun, but kinda forgot about it. Then recently I seen the icon and decided to play, seen the NDA was lifted, so I figured what the hell, might as well start a series on learning how to play the game, as I learn myself. So here's the first in the series, tomorrow I plan to cover more on weapon hotkeys/controls and go from there.

Let me know what you guys think! And maybe somethings you would want to see covered, or think others might want to see covered to help them understand the game before just leaping in!

Edited by 1Kurgan1, 13 October 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#2 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

That is a good basic video for new players. Adding the little circle I call it a piper (Dunno what others call it). But when you move your arms that piper moves to help guide to your target. Takes practice. So if you have a certain weapon on the arms (like lasers), that piper will move with your arms, and when you fire that weapon, it will fire on the target. A laser (or weapon) on center/left/right torso will not move with piper. The weapons on C/L/R torso will fire in the same direction your torso is facing, and your arms will fire in the direction your piper (arms) is. Unless you have missles on your mechs C/L/R torso, locked on..the missles will fire onto the target. Hope you got it..

Edited by VeeDog, 13 October 2012 - 04:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users