Full-screen not working

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Wingo

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

i just downloaded this and it popped up in windowed mode when i started it up. "fine i can fix this" i thought as i go through the options and change it to my monitors resolution and change the mode to full-screen i then proceeded to press the save button and the game proceeded to tell me that the settings were saved then proceeded to do nothing... at all... the little windowed mode game stayed exactly the same didn't change one bit. i tried to change the setting over and over and it will not budge at all even alt enter only stretches it out horribly. does anyone have any ideas on how to get the game to change its resolution to what it says it should be but isn't...

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

The front end (including mech lab and pilot lab) is intended to be a window. Changing the resolution in the settings adjusts the resolution of your gameplay, not the front end.

you can force it fullscreen with alt-enter if you need to.

all further gameplay or game support issues should go to the beta forum & beta support forum, where you most likely would've found the answer to your question.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 14 October 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#3 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

+1 Redshift2k5

#4 Capt Stern

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 14 October 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

The front end (including mech lab and pilot lab) is intended to be a window. Changing the resolution in the settings adjusts the resolution of your gameplay, not the front end.

you can force it fullscreen with alt-enter if you need to.

all further gameplay or game support issues should go to the beta forum & beta support forum, where you most likely would've found the answer to your question.

some of us do NOT want it to be windowed. no matter what I do the ******* window puts itself under my windows taskbar. it is completely annoying!

#5 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Seems to me because of a hard 720p resolution... would be really nice to scale that thing to fullscreen, but that seems to be a problem...

#6 bonnobox

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I really don't like the windowed mode whenever I enter the main menu... and Alt+Entering all the time is really annoying.

#7 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

This topic was moved to the general guides sub forum, where it is more appropriate.

Edited by Taizan, 24 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#8 Ghastryder

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

the "play " button is a tiny sliver of color at the bottom of my window, which wont enlarge via alt-enter. It used to be fill screen at one point, but it crashed, so i messed with resolution and compatibility, etc. So now it only shows some of thw window, but it doesnt crash.

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostGhastryder, on 18 November 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

the "play " button is a tiny sliver of color at the bottom of my window, which wont enlarge via alt-enter. It used to be fill screen at one point, but it crashed, so i messed with resolution and compatibility, etc. So now it only shows some of thw window, but it doesnt crash.

Go to /Piranha Games/Mechwarrior Online/USER/ and look for Attributes.xml and delete the file this should return everything to default settings and give you a normal game window again. Be careful when setting resolution to make sure it's not bigger than your monitor can display!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users