Red Bone Run - Fan Film - PREMIERE!

30 replies to this topic

#1 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

The long wait is finally over! I want to thank everyone, who was involved in the production and offered their help!

So, without further ado, I give to you "RED BONE RUN", a MechWarrior fan film:

Comments welcome!

#2 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Great work!!!!

#3 Ignys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Fantastic work!

#4 Elspath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Go Sea Wolves, Marko, Twisted and Vinc! woot

#5 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

You freebirth SCUM!!! Like the post MORE!!!

#6 Markocius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Wow!

#7 Baldwin Chang

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Clan-****. But I like it.

#8 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

So wierd to hear familiar voices in a film ... still, a great work, hopeing for more soon! :P

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Great work.

Could use a bit of tweaks here and there, but even now, it's still amazing.

#10 TheWildOnion

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Good stuff, makes me excited to see more. Art style was good and I like how you set up the floating displays in the cockpit scenes. Would have liked to see the missiles on both 'Mechs fire, but they did seem to be at close range.

#11 NPComplete

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIf there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet that it's farthest from

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Good job!

#12 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thanks everyone!

View PostAdridos, on 15 October 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Great work.

Could use a bit of tweaks here and there, but even now, it's still amazing.

Yeah, I learned a lot while doing this and there are a lot of things I would like to fix or learn how to do better. However, my focus is always on "getting things done", otherwise I would probably never finish anything. Although me and a friend did tweak a lot of small details (mostly music and sound) last minute before the release.

View Postwildonion, on 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Good stuff, makes me excited to see more. Art style was good and I like how you set up the floating displays in the cockpit scenes. Would have liked to see the missiles on both 'Mechs fire, but they did seem to be at close range.

The script called for the Timberwolf to fire his LRMs in the last shot. I still think it would have been a good ending. However, first I got lazy and kept putting off animating the LRMs and in the end I just loved the harrowing image of the Timberwolf just standing there. The music sealed it for me.

If or when I return for another film is not sure yet. In part it depends on other projects of mine and in part it depends on the feedback to the film. Which so far has been great! Another movie would definitely benefit from me learning more about the craft before attempting another film.

#13 WTChance

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • Locationmobile. really. i drive 3k/5k miles/km a week.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Very fun and very impressive.

...of course it isn't surprising to see clan dirtbags seeing a 20 ton advantage as "Fair". I guess honor means little when your entire genetic legacy is worth less than Chicken soup.

Can't wait for a follow up. Take your time. I'm patient ; >

Edited by WTChance, 15 October 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#14 jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

It's detail level is straight from 90's 3d computer games. Also the voice acting...

#15 Aegis Fate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

To be critical of the piece, the plot is alright, although it seems too cliche. Animation is alright, but the artstyle requires much more refining to get it to mesh with the cartoon image style. Voice acting needs an improvement, they seemed to all be kind of monotone with little variation in tone. Get your actors to yell till they are hoarse if need be. Pilots need improvement, mostly on removing the flat look of them, I suggest shading and less use of black outlines, along with attempting to mesh with the cockpit. Otherwise, not too bad for a short flick.

#16 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostPiipu, on 15 October 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's detail level is straight from 90's 3d computer games. Also the voice acting...

That is a bit of an exaggeration. :lol:

View PostAegis Fate, on 15 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

To be critical of the piece, the plot is alright, although it seems too cliche. Animation is alright, but the artstyle requires much more refining to get it to mesh with the cartoon image style. Voice acting needs an improvement, they seemed to all be kind of monotone with little variation in tone. Get your actors to yell till they are hoarse if need be. Pilots need improvement, mostly on removing the flat look of them, I suggest shading and less use of black outlines, along with attempting to mesh with the cockpit. Otherwise, not too bad for a short flick.

A lot of valid critique in your analysis. I totally disagree about the voice acting, however. They all did a great job and it's very close to what I had imagined beforehand. I don't really understand why they should scream at the top of their lungs during normal conversation...

#17 Aegis Fate

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

I was moreso referencing during the fight scene between the clanner and the other guy, it seemed kind of detached.

#18 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Maybe. Of course they were all volunteers and I did not have direct way of interfering in the recording phase. That part was handled by Vincent Vascaul. I still think, given the time frame and their inexperience they did an amazing job.

I hope more people are going to watch the movie, it would be a shame if the trailer got more hits than the actual final product. :)

#19 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Unluccy, we featured Red Bone Run also on the NGNG Podcast #48! http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net

#20 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 20 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Unluccy, we featured Red Bone Run also on the NGNG Podcast #48! http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net

Cool, thank you! I can't believe I missed the podcast. Also very cool that you mentioned Kilroy's work as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users