#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

And here we have them, your answers!

Q: Would you guys consider adding PPC electronic disruption effects to enemy mechs? [Maverick01]
A: Yes, we have a lot of ideas similar to this we're tossing around. [Garth]

Q: PC Gamer is out; When do you plan to officially release the concept art for the Highlander? [Redshift2k5]
A: Soon™ [Garth]

Q: Does the team like where the tripping mechanic is at in game as of now? Personally it frustrates me how easy it is to trip/be tripped, cause it's a whole style of combat to trip your opponent and then shoot them while they're down, which detracts from the game experience. IMHO. [Janitor101]
A: We want to make changes on this, to be sure. Look for them soon™! [Garth]

Q: Will there be a computer voice like in MW2? [skarrd]
A: Yes, there will be. [Garth]

Q: How are your mech prices calculated? Your calculations seem somewhat different when compared to the TT calculations. [Stormwolf]
A: We take the table-top values and then balance from there. So expect to see some fluctuations. [Garth]

Q: Is 12v12 still planned? If so any eta? [UPnADAM]
A: Yes, and I don't have an ETA, sorry. [Garth]

Q: Even if it isn't a question directly concerning the game but what is interesting me... ;) : Is there a possibility that you could encounter a complete team of Devs/Mods at a match. e.g. a special event once in a month or something like that? [Nash]
A: This is a possibility, yes. [Garth]

Q: When will support for Core 2 duo/quad be implemented? [Strkeforce]
A:
We're working on this constantly, though I can't give you an exact date of when work will be completed. Likely when we're at a place where we like the performance. [Garth]

Q: If you are going to show weapon groupings and allow them to be set in the mechlab. A way to tell the heat efficiency per a group in stead of just alpha strike. [Malidrin]
A: Already planned. ;) [Garth]

Q: Can we expect changes to the Flamer to more emulate the original weapon? (Expelling super heated plasma directly from the mech's core.) As of now it seems to cause more heat in your own mech than in the target. [Brickyard]
A: That's actually how it works in the table-top (raising your own heat more) but we're always looking at and tinkering with weapon numbers. [Garth]

Q: Are you thinking of implementing some kind of explosion(when a mech is destroyed)? like in MW4(the light coming out and then dmg-ing everything) [Cooler]
A: We won't have the nuclear explosion from destroyed Mechs (that was more in the novels than table-top, as it's an incredibly low chance that will happen) but we may add something explosion-esque in the future. Though take out a Mech certain ways and they blow up pretty good right now :D [Garth]

Thanks for joining us everyone, hope you learned something new!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Garth with the dodge!

Haha, it's kinda hard to answer some of these until after the 16th patch, huh? ;)

#3 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

You answered the questions and didn't even lock the question thread. You're getting lax Garth.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 15 October 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

I'm not gonna stop until you answer the proper questions... mark my word.

#5 JokerPW

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSanto Andre/SP - Brazil

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm so happy ! First time I see a "all in" of questions about the game and not some stupid questions about pizza flavors or that sort of things..
Really good answers too !
[ ]'s

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostJokerPW, on 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Really good answers too !

Too many things we already knew for my taste. ;)

#7 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good to know we'll have more than just the warning tones at some point. ;)

#8 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Why make PPCs into ****** cheese-effect weapons when you could just fix the damage and hit detection to make them useful? ;)

#9 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 15 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why make PPCs into ****** cheese-effect weapons when you could just fix the damage and hit detection to make them useful? :D

i think giving weapons more values than just damage is a good thing...like the throw off from ac2´s, disturbance from ppc´s ...i´m fine with that...( as for ac2´s : the shake should actually really throw off the aim a bit, to make it a good counter-sniper...not so hard that you can´t hold against it, but you should work a little to keep your taget )

it´s not a cheese effect btw.

imagine you have...say...1 erppc and 2 ac 10´s, you are in a 1:1... you fire your erppc first, so the enemy has problems hitting you (and takes some good ammount of damage with a light spread) ...then you let your own ac´s talk to him ;)

sounds good to me

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 15 October 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#10 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

There are weapons that do more than just damage - that's what Flamers and Inferno missiles are for.

PPCs are supposed to be hard-hitting long-range energy weapons, sort of the equivalent of a class-10 AC with better range and no ammo requirement. As it stands, they're worse than the other lasers, and the autocannons (which are themselves all worse than the Gauss Rifle). Why not improve the damage and hit detection (which I continue to see as bugged) to make it powerful long-range direct damage weapon instead of leaving it a crappy weapon but putting on dumb MW4 effects to make a griefer cannon?

Same thing with AC/2 "shake" - why? Why would the weakest gun in the game "rock" a target so much that it can't aim, while an AC/10 to the cockpit can be ignored? The point of a primary weapon should be to have some combination of range, RoF, damage, accuracy, etc. that makes it desirable to use, not some kind of "magic spell" it casts on the enemy 'mech that prevents it from functioning properly.

#11 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 15 October 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Garth with the dodge!

Haha, it's kinda hard to answer some of these until after the 23rd patch, huh? ;)

Date Corrected for you...

#12 Imagine Dragons

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationLV-223

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Q: Can we expect changes to the Flamer to more emulate the original weapon? (Expelling super heated plasma directly from the mech's core.) As of now it seems to cause more heat in your own mech than in the target. [Brickyard]
A: That's actually how it works in the table-top (raising your own heat more) but we're always looking at and tinkering with weapon numbers. [Garth]

Oh come on, its the only weapon in the whole game that does not even make sense!

#13 BeforeLife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Q: When will support for Core 2 duo/quad be implemented? [Strkeforce]
A: We're working on this constantly, though I can't give you an exact date of when work will be completed. Likely when we're at a place where we like the performance. [Garth]

I have a Core 2 Quad core Q9000 and it works quite well, i get 20-30fps at 1024 by 768 and low graphics. So you do already have support for Core 2 Quads at least. Just thought i would let you guys know :P

#14 I C Wiener

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostBeforeLife, on 17 October 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have a Core 2 Quad core Q9000 and it works quite well, i get 20-30fps at 1024 by 768 and low graphics. So you do already have support for Core 2 Quads at least. Just thought i would let you guys know :)

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is working like a charm
Lisa: That’s specious reasoning Dad
Homer: Thanks
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away
Homer: How does it work?
Lisa: It doesn’t, it’s just a stupid rock
Homer: Uh-huh
Lisa: ... but you don’t see any tigers around do you?
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock

#15 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm not certain, but I think I got a revenge kill once by way of an exploding Gauss Rifle. A catapult closed to point-blank range and killed the RT on my XL engine Dragon, there was a POP and then the kill list showed that I had killed the guy.

If that's working as intended, awesome. If not, can we keep it?

#16 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Excellent Q&A, thanks!

I like the answer for the mech explosions. Garth knows wtf :)

#17 BriteDarkness

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

People actually like the Stackpole effect and want it in the game? I have wanted them only once and that was when my 'mech's corpse was twitching erractically on the ground.

#18 Barrett Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationStanding over my enemies lifeless Mech.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Q: Are you thinking of implementing some kind of explosion(when a mech is destroyed)? like in MW4(the light coming out and then dmg-ing everything) [Cooler]
A: We won't have the nuclear explosion from destroyed Mechs (that was more in the novels than table-top, as it's an incredibly low chance that will happen) but we may add something explosion-esque in the future. Though take out a Mech certain ways and they blow up pretty good right now :) [Garth]

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Am I wrong in assuming that there wouldn't be an explosion at all? According to the science......

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fusion_power

#19 Spaztick

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

This still sounds like flamers are going to remain useless. Right now all they do is generate a lot of heat on yourself, and ****** all on another mech, and there's no point in using it versus other mechs as it is (and of course there's no infantry or non-mechs to use it). Even if you could set the ground or trees on fire to provide cover from heat vision or light up an area at night or block an escape route, that would be useful. Right now flamers do nothing to another mech: better to replace your flamer with another laser because in the long run it would generate less heat and do more effective damage since the heat mechanic on another mech does jack.

Edited by Spaztick, 20 October 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#20 Lentil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCazenovia, NY

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostBarrett Osis, on 19 October 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Am I wrong in assuming that there wouldn't be an explosion at all? According to the science......

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fusion_power

The wikipedia article doesn't really support your argument. Even very large industrial sized reactors would barely breach their own containment. Sorry, any reactor that is roughly 20 tons is NOT industrial sized.

Bottom line: Encouraging suicide 'hugs' is a bad game mechanic.

Edited by Lentil, 21 October 2012 - 04:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users