ISN News Flash

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Fri. March 23, 3049: War of 3039 POW Watchers’ were denied the right to congregate next month to mark the start of that war.

#2 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 March 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Fri. March 23, 3049: War of 3039 POW Watchers’ were denied the right to congregate next month to mark the start of that war.

Why ??

#3 Tahawas Pitts

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

In what nation?

#4 Bullwerk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBremerton, Wa

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

I agree... Why? And where did they want to congregate? I hope it wasn't a FedSuns planet, I'd be very disappointed in our leadership denying such a noble request.

Now if it was to be held on a DC world? What did you expect?

#5 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

Ah yes, the War of 3039. Since the newly-formed Lyran Commonwealth/Federated Suns alliance had already practically crushed the Capellan Confederation, attention soon turned to the Draconis Combine, the only significant threat left remaining in that sector of the Inner Sphere. By forcing the Combine to fight on two fronts it was believed that due to their perceived lack of military strength it would be an easy victory. However, the Combine military (led by newly-instated Gunji-no-Kanrei Theodore Kurita) had foreseen this war coming as a natural consequence of the Fourth Succession War, and so had been preparing for it for years--creating the Free Rasalhague Republic as a buffer between it and former Lyran-occupied territory as well as receiving advanced equipment and 'Mechs from ComStar under the auspices of Operation Rosebud: an agreement that revealed that they controlled an enormous army that would only be used to secure their HPG stations.

After a clumsy Federated Commonwealth assault and the Combine's daring counterattack that brought the advance to a screeching halt, things quickly settled down after almost a year of fighting. Since then, an era of relative peace has spread across the Inner Sphere that has lasted until the present day, almost 20 years since the Fourth Succession War.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 23 March 2012 - 09:50 AM.
Grimm Wuz Here - March 23, 2012!!!!

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

They were probably denied to congregate because there were offically no POW. :(

#7 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Considering it was a violent territory grab by the FedCom against a smaller nation that had not acted agressivly (beyond the odd recon actions we all do) in several decades, and in the 4th succession war had been mostly on the defensive, and had certainly not started that war either.

Considering we stopped those FedCom pigs in 39, despite being outnumbered nealy 2:1.

Considering the Inner Sphere press is always talking about how our government us dictatorial, but it's got the same basic setup as the other big 5...Monarchial Federations, with local governments being varied, and all citizens still enjoying a wide level of freedoms...

Probably a FedCom group. You guys were fighting on our planets, while of course you probably took a few of our guys back to your territory, the fact of the matter is, we took a lot more POWs from your forces then you did from ours as we were kicking your ***** back to your own planets.

So as soon as you appologize and pay amends for the damange and suffering you caused through your unbased violence, the sooner we might be willing to give your dishonorable pirates back to you,

:D

#8 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postverybad, on 23 March 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Considering it was a violent territory grab by the FedCom against a smaller nation that had not acted agressivly (beyond the odd recon actions we all do) in several decades, and in the 4th succession war had been mostly on the defensive, and had certainly not started that war either.

Considering we stopped those FedCom pigs in 39, despite being outnumbered nealy 2:1.

Considering the Inner Sphere press is always talking about how our government us dictatorial, but it's got the same basic setup as the other big 5...Monarchial Federations, with local governments being varied, and all citizens still enjoying a wide level of freedoms...

Probably a FedCom group. You guys were fighting on our planets, while of course you probably took a few of our guys back to your territory, the fact of the matter is, we took a lot more POWs from your forces then you did from ours as we were kicking your ***** back to your own planets.

So as soon as you appologize and pay amends for the damange and suffering you caused through your unbased violence, the sooner we might be willing to give your dishonorable pirates back to you,

:D

Looks like that struck a nerve ;)

#9 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Ahh.....Rosebud , it seems that Comstar has it's little fingers in most everything.....hmmmm......(adjusts foil hat)

#10 NightFallsOnU

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Whoa Whoa WHOA! Who the F*** let my POWs go????

Oooops I mean good someone got my memo about letting those nice Liaos go

Wait was it Liaos or Drakes??? (checks a stack of paperwork) Eh.. All the same to me...

Edited by Mason Grimm, 23 March 2012 - 05:22 PM.
Mason Grimm stopped my Steam Rolling. I have been bad and was punished.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users