MechWarrior II Registry: Clan Black Sheep

31 replies to this topic

#1 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

For those of you who have no idea what the Registry was, let alone what Clan Black Sheep was, you can disregard this as the rantings of an old man dreaming of his glory days. For the rest of you....

It has been 15 years since I helped found the Registry, and about 10 years since CBS has been in full swing.

If you are old Sheeper, if you still think of swiggin' 'Schalger and dreaming of Ms. McCarthy, if you still think that Ford is arKhan, that Ash made us a kick-*** logo, and ******** with the canon of the Battletech Universe is fun, then you are no longer alone.

With the emergence of a New Mech game, McCann, He@vy Met@l, and I have decided to try and get the band back together. So if you are an old-school Sheeper and you want to get in touch with some old friends, hit me up and we will being you back into the fold!

...as I said above, if what I stated above has NO relevance to you and you have no fracking clue what I just said, no worries.

See y'all online!

Androclese
Galaxy Commander: Clan Black Sheet (retired)

#2 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hola

#3 Kharnvor

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Andro!
What's up, it's Ash! But of course that name was already taken. Guess I'm a little late to the bar and some rapscallion stole my nickname. Fortunately he left behind my bottle of 'schlager and well-worn autographed Ms. McCarthy poster. Just goes to show ya some people got no taste!

Saw a post in the recruitment forum and my old logo. Brings back the memories! Well, the few that are left after the alcohol declared mission complete for its assault on the brain cells and took a vacation to Bali (or as some call it, the liver). I don't know what I'm saying, but what else is new?

Can't believe CBS is still alive, much less the lot of you. This will be fun.

Heya DCleric, how you been?

#4 TheRealAsh

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey, it's Ash again. Decided I wasn't going to let some sober monkey take my name, so here I am again with my well-used name, but updated!

So there and such.

Ash

#5 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

*leaps out wearing a CumStar err ComStain uhh ComStar Cape, lederhosen and a Ghost Bears Lounge Lampshade* Duhn duhn duuuhhhnn! Yes its me VoodooLou the Inane! Keeping the Flame *shakes bic lighter* of Clan Black Sheep in the Meching Community!! (BTW I still have all the files from CBS website for just such an occurence) Welcome Back you dusty old SOB's!

#6 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Doing pretty well, looking forward to this coming out. They have a Clan section now, I'm guessing maybe we should post over there now.
Good to see everyone.

#7 SilverSble

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTexas where else?

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

(Looks over at Ash) The logo looks eerily familiar. I think I have a pair of boxer shorts and a coffee mug with that on it. Boy those are from long ago.

(sigh) Well looks like my youngest son wants to check you guys out. He's already testing out handles. My older two are a lost cause to y'all (thank goodness someone shows some sense) ;)

#8 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

As far as i know, the "Registry" never went live for my Unit was registered back theese glory days of MW3. It went down before it got live and we had to choose another League. "BattleTech Universe Planetary League" (BUPL, dosn't went live either) then "Maximum Tech 3058" until it's end, BattleTech Universe (BTU) in both the open and closed Version. Swaped to "Blutrecht und Ehre" (Bloodright and Honor, BuE) a german community BT-League.
Or you just mean another "Registry" which I don't know of.

#9 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

http://mechreg.com/index2.htm This is Registry he means. Its preMech3.

#10 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

BTW Andro I laughed my tuchus off when I saw the CCP logo.

#11 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Going to pop this down into Merc Corp Recruitment guys.

#12 dcmchaos

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRed Light District of Luthien

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Holy crap...I was just thinking about you maniacs the other day...good to see ya back

#13 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

They moved us to MERC CORP RECRUITMENT! We need to push harder to have the Sheep made canon somehow. I'm sure if they had thought about it they'd have created a misfit clan somewhere. We sure did anyway.

#14 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostDCleric, on 25 November 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

They moved us to MERC CORP RECRUITMENT! We need to push harder to have the Sheep made canon somehow. I'm sure if they had thought about it they'd have created a misfit clan somewhere. We sure did anyway.

Ah...you see, they DID create just such a thing, the Bandit Caste. You must remember, BattleTech was created when the great Jenny was still just a child, so they did not have that inspiration to fuel the creation of something as grand and twisted as the Sheep....and they already had the Inner Sphere Houses, so really, that misfit group was pretty much occupied by the great Houses ;)

#15 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

I never really think of us as a Bandit Caste. Although it's true we seem to pick up the best around us regardless of where they came from and we certainly have little use for formality.. I guess I'll have to rethink my opinion of Bandit Caste.

#16 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Holy poop, (avoiding the censor) I need to get on this forum more often!

GUYS, how have you been! What have y'all been up to?

(anybody seen Aura lurking about? *meow*)

#17 Tofar

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Geeez! I thought I smelled a bunch of old Farts!? Hail CBS!! I can not believe I recognize all these names.

Hey Andro, I saw the clown giving CBS a ration in another thread so if CBS is looking for another set of guns, give me a yell! I would be happy to drop with CBS at any time!!

[MG] Khan Tofar(ret)
Reg and TKZ

#18 Natedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 17 November 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

*leaps out wearing a CumStar err ComStain uhh ComStar Cape, lederhosen and a Ghost Bears Lounge Lampshade* Duhn duhn duuuhhhnn! Yes its me VoodooLou the Inane! Keeping the Flame *shakes bic lighter* of Clan Black Sheep in the Meching Community!! (BTW I still have all the files from CBS website for just such an occurence) Welcome Back you dusty old SOB's!

Please put my lampshade back and pass what is left of that Gold Schlager!

Holy ****! (**** censorship) I saw Prefect and then McCann and I knew if I poked long enough I'd find the rest! And somehow the faded memories (that weren't blacked out) come back, but I remember someone having a pink Jenner??

Now where in the hell did I put the keys to my Timberwolf? And does anyone know where I put my 8 track tape of AC/DC? Why is everyone looking at me funny? And who's panties are these on my head?

#19 Calcruis

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hail Ford :-D

#20 Natedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Alright I think it's time we got serious and bring back the Clan Black Sheep website with a forum and start forming up. Let's pool our resources and make this happen.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 November 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

Going to pop this down into Merc Corp Recruitment guys.

I think you secretly hate us even though we are the best kept secret in the BT/Clan Universe. Think of us as the Navy SEALS of clanners.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users