9 replies to this topic

#1 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I am not experiencing it right now, but according to many of my unit mates they are warping all over, it doesn't appear to be lag, but the server screwing up... they will all the sudden warp into the air, and random locations in the general line of where they were going.

Another reported his target was warping back and forth from one place to another.

Everything was smooth for me.

Edited by StandingCow, 23 February 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#2 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

The warping most people are experiencing is when a mech is colliding with another mech. It becomes a constant slingshot back and forth a couple seconds in time, ad nauseum, often impossible to untangle from one another, especially if there's a third object such as a building or wall/cliff involved with the two mechs.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Had this happen with my stalker in a couple matches. I would be on a hill top, and then would either quickly "slide" down, or just teleport to the bottom of the ridge. In a Hunchback, I got smushed between a face hugging cent and two buildings. We teleported all over the place and could not break free. At least not till I turned around, stopped, and just started shooting an AC20 into him when he showed up. Killed him and could move again. Was too late by then, and was surrounded by his whole team and then died.

I also still see the occasional warpping fast mech that I can't hit, because when I pull the trigger he isn't there anymore. Had a Hunchback I was following go around a building. I followed him, and he was not there. I was the same speed as him, and then suddenly ended up being shot in the back by the Hunchback that I was chasing. No idea how he got to my backside when moments before he was infront of me...

Edited by Tesunie, 23 February 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#4 Ramsess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBrossard

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Im getting this issue a lot when getting hugged by another mech....

If your fast enough sometimes i seem to break free but i keep getting sent back to the "hug spot" over and over.

Also i often get this when clipping on some terrain that is a tad too big to warlk over but in this case it starts to clip more and more over time....

Its something with the last patch that has been creating some bug because of colision not being there or something.

#5 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

my Favorite instance of this was last night, having moved safely over a steep ridge to avoid missle fire, being pulled WAY out beyond where I'd gone from that ridge into the water.

This game begins to make me sad.

#6 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

It could be packet loss, which I've been experiencing since this last patch or two. Meaning your ping times are good, but the server isn't getting the info. I'm sure some sage internet guru will correct my childlike understanding but that's the grasp of it.

Edited by Accused, 24 February 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#7 Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostAccused, on 24 February 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

It could be packet loss, which I've been experiencing since this last patch or two. Meaning your ping times are good, but the server isn't getting the info. I'm sure some sage internet guru will correct my childlike understanding but that's the grasp of it.

my pings have over doubled since the last patch i went from 98 to 250 and im in the united states with a very nice connection nothing has changed but the patch. it also has caused me warping and lots of delayed firing on my weapons.

#8 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I had some weird warping happen to me earlier today on Frozen City. It felt like a combination of warping and rubberbanding.

#9 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm getting an increased ping and rubberbanding.

#10 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yeah the rubberbanding is silly.. It gets even more ridiculous when u come across some trash on the ground the causes u to rubberband in front of your own Streak missile and go BOOM..

yep took me a minute of staring at my death screen til i figured it out.. But The whole time I was goin WTF...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users