87 replies to this topic

#1 Frosted

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

European servers and South east asia?

When are we getting these? I really don't like to play against jenners or cicadas with 300ms...

#2 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Uh, not to derail the topic or anything but your profile says that you're from Québec. Last time I checked, that's in the North East of North America.

Unless there's another Québec I should be made aware of.

#3 Lavrenti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I feel your pain, but as far as I know there are no plans for servers outside the US. So avoid ballistic weapons, stock up on LRMs and SSRMs, and try to bribe a light mech to watch your flanks.

#4 Frosted

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postpursang, on 29 October 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Uh, not to derail the topic or anything but your profile says that you're from Québec. Last time I checked, that's in the North East of North America.

Unless there's another Québec I should be made aware of.

Uh, no Quebec is in Europe my friend.

No actually I care about my European friends I want them to enjoy the game lag free like I do.

#5 Panoy V Knicks

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

we want server here in asia, we got lots of players here

#6 pursang

• 1,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostFrosted, on 29 October 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Uh, no Quebec is in Europe my friend.

No actually I care about my European friends I want them to enjoy the game lag free like I do.

Hah, alright fair enough. Right now I think the main servers are located on the west coast of Canada, but we really haven't heard anything from PGI about the possibility of European/Asian/Oceanic servers. I suppose they're going to wait untill they get more income and/or more players.

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

They have said before that they want/hope to get regional servers out and it was more a question of when than if.

#8 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

+1 on Europe and Asian servers.

Playing from Australia, every match ive had ive got 295ms.
Just makes it impossible to shoot anything light (sometimes even medium) with lasers... the only way i can do decent damage is by using guided weapons: LRMs and SSRMs.

Trying to land damage on a jenner running around you at 135kmh with lasers is just impossible...

#9 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

The only time a international MMO got a english server in asia (read : not china) was warhammer online. And they were removed like a year later because the game tanked as a ******, buggy WOW clone. We will never get an asian server unless PGI gets the balls to do it, because they will probably look at WOW and say "Oh, WOW is so successful but even they don't have an english server in Asia, that means it must be impossible."

#10 Amulrei

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

This was pretty much the major reason I didn't get a founder's pack and having played it today, I am glad I didn't.

Connecting from Australia gives you about 200+ ms ping which is about 10 times what I am seeing everyone else run with. That is a damn big difference at the best of times and only gets worse when piloting or fighting light mechs,

I am surprised Europeans are getting shafted as well. I thought US/European servers were pretty much the textbook baseline server setup for these types of games. It makes me wonder how PGI expect to make money when they are leaving most of the world out in the cold and expecting us to compete with players with less than 10% our response time.

Edited by Amulrei, 29 October 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#11 pursang

• 1,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostKilleralpha, on 29 October 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

[REDACTED CONTENT]

This really has nothing to do with language, and everything to do with stability and lag.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 December 2012 - 12:32 PM.
edited quote

#12 Lavrenti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

It's a big difference for all unguided weapons, especially ballistics. Not so bad with lasers, bloody painful with SRMs or against crossing targets. Guided missiles for life, dawg.

#13 Puraaj

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

+1 we need some EU servers, i have a 120mbit connection, seeing that 130 ping almost gave me a heart attack, and im sure im in the minority(of having manageable ping to NA), imagine ppl with half my connection, their ping would be completely atrocious (i feel 100+ is atrocious:P but then again ive been pampered with my connection)

#14 Darius Otsdarva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

I support having Asia region servers.

Hopefully it will happen, placed in Singapore or Japan for optimum connection levels.

#15 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Yes, we need other servers.

I am in Europe (Paris), and my ping is not so great; 250-ish.
It's not so bad, except since yesterday I get kicked out of the Mechlab every 2 minute.
It will probably go away in a couple hours... but my point is: there are frequent connection troubles between EU and the server, and with such poor quality, it affect playability for EU players.
You are severely limiting yourself on a whole market, and well... I wouldn't advise to do that.

#16 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

My ping from Cologne is 100-120 ms and no connection issues so far. From my place in Spain (Canary Islands) it is 180 ms. Both quite playable and stable.

I still would like EU servers for the better reaction times they bring. There is quite a pronounced difference between game fun at 40 ms and 140 ms. Of course it must be possible to select which server you wish to play on quick and easily.

#17 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Would definitely love a South East Asia server.

With 200 ping, the only weapon that can actually hit people reliably is SSRM2, and I hate boating SSRM2.

#18 MriN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationRussia, Vladivostok

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

+1 for euro servers

#19 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

+1 for regional servers. I feel for people trying to play with high pings, it can't be fun.

#20 KovarD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 473 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

+1 for South America server! 175ms here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users