overdone mouse movement

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ravensol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

I always see it when in spectator mode after i mess up and die.... be aware of the fact the circle is your arms and x hairs are your torso also be mindful of how fast your mech torso moves. Test this out buy bearly moving the circle out of the center of the crosshairs watch how your mech reacts this gives you a good idea of how to control your aiming. What happens alot of the time you have weapons in your arms and torso you get excited you are at max twist and fire since the other mech is in the crosshairs but the circle is offscreen to one side or the other so you only hit your target with 1/2 of what you wanted to and run the risk of hitting your team mate standing next to you. If you are a advanced player and can pull it off you can use the max twist crosshairs on one target circle on another hitting both at the same time you don't do as much damage to one but you hit 2 at once and that is kinda cool :rolleyes:

#2 Digital Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I always put my arm and torso weapons in a separate group for exactly the reasons the OP mentions. It's also good to keep weapons that need you to lead your target like gauss and SRM in a separate group from weapons that don't need you to lead like SSRM and lasers. My groups look like this.

Group 1: Arm weapons that need to lead.
Group 2: Arm weapons that don't need to lead.
Group 3: Torso weapons that need to lead.
Group 4: Torso weapons that don't need to lead.

Not all mechs have all these categories of course.

On my raven.

Group 1: 4 Small pulse lasers.
Group 2: The 2 lasers from group 1 that are in my arms so I can fire those 2 separately if the target is on a hill.
Group 3: SRM6.
Raven arms only move up and down so on flat ground it's okay to group arm and torso lasers together.

On my Atlas.

Group 1: Arm medium lasers.
Group 2: Torso medium lasers.
Group 3: Gauss.
Group 4: LRM20.
LRM doesn't need to lead, but separate from the lasers anyway since it has a minimum range and lasers don't. Also has a much higher range than the lasers which wastes heat at long range if they're grouped. Plus LRMs can shoot over stuff and lasers can't.

On my catapult.

Group 1: 2 medium lasers.
Group 2: 2 medium lasers.
Group 2: 2 LRM15.
The cat's lasers are all in the torsos, but I like to put them in 2 groups anyway for heat management.

Hopefully that'll help the newbies get an idea of what their weapon groups should look like.

Edited by Digital Ninja, 30 October 2012 - 11:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users