Game crashes mid match

33 replies to this topic

#1 Kizami z3r0

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

This is the second time ive had a hardlock and random crash since the last patch. Just checking to see if anyone else has had it.

#2 vindr3d

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah. I was trying to play today after finally downloading and installing the game. I had the game crash on my in a match about 10 times in 2 hours before I had to leave for work. Been trying to find a solution. I think ill try reinstalling the game. I tried to look for a repair option but did not find one.

#3 Joe Luck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

It happens to me a bit. Usually related to missile noise. Either I'm getting hit, near hit, or firing missiles when the crash happens.

#4 Jakkyll

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ya, i am getting random crashes to desktop also. Is there any ticket system any more? Or do the tech's even want the "crashdump" file?

#5 Ravensol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

tonight 7 out of 10 games crashed cryo engine error. The odd thing about that is it was fixed on the patch early oct then the patch last week put it back in the game. I know there working on adding things but this seems like a odd thing to add.

#6 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostJoe Luck, on 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

It happens to me a bit. Usually related to missile noise. Either I'm getting hit, near hit, or firing missiles when the crash happens.

Exactly the same for me.

#7 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLounging in my Dungeon Lair.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yes, I have played 32 matches over the last 2 days, and I have had probably 6 random crashes to desktop during combat. Has anyone submitted a ticket yet? I am going to if I can, having trouble with the ticket system.

#8 Heinreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Just had a crash myself, in the frozen city map while piloting a stock founders hunch and firing at a raven. Cant seem to find the ticketing system too. I'm gonna try emailing the support email.

#9 Kesslan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm getting a ton of crashes today usually mid match. 8 to desktop, two just locked up.

I also occasionally get visual errors where the game doens't seem to properly render and my MWO game starts looking like minecraft with an FSP of about 6

#10 Skorrn

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just crashed for the 4th time today mid game....really frustrating...

#11 Ghost Inc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 136 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I also experienced some crashes...playing on all maps.

Also had crashes while loading. Now the game doesn't even start (cry engine error). I suppose I can't reinstall the game without reloading, can I ?

#12 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I have samé issue once like 10-15 matches.In 1st match my fps going low like 1-4 and in 2nd match ill get black screen or just freeze and i have to turn it off in task manager,delete shaders(or ill get same error next game) and start it again.

#13 Baconizer

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I get extreme lag and a lack of bytes message and its a whole bunch of numbers, has anybody received a fix for this kinda thing?

#14 Rockas

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Happened to me just now in Caustic Valley. Didn't drop frames just crashed to desktop.

#15 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I seem to get random crashes in the middle of a match in the Frozen City map only....so far. I wasn't using missiles at the time and no one was firing at me, just walking toward the ridge from the flat side base(not the side behind the hill). And it appears to only happen on the one side for me so far.

Edited by Zekester81, 31 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#16 GoodVindicator

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Game crashes for me then im firing weapons, especially then firing 2 groups at once or being hit by missiles. Never out of combat.

#17 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

I've had crashes since closed beta but they were pretty rare, they are a lot more frequent now. I can't pinpoint if there is anything causing it, sometimes it does it when I am in the middle of a fire fight. Sometimes it does it when nothings being shot at. It however always happens in the middle of a game and not the start.

#18 SocalCrash

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Just had one on frozen city. Same type of freeze up I was having before this patch. Right when I make a turn on frozen city it would crash.

#19 FallenSeraphim

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I've had 3 or so CTD in the last couple of days, none while in closed beta. Seems to happen while I'm taking missile fire...

#20 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I had a bunch of crashes to desk top, mostly drving a fast mech on frozen city, once LRMs / SRMs start flying around, about 3-5 min. into the match. After about 2 hours of continuos playing.

A few random here and there on forest colony and other maps, and like everyone stated it seams to be tied to Alpha striking, or takeing LRM fire, or both at the same time.

My system AMD PII X6 1090T, HD6950, 16GB RAM,

Edited by Neput Z34, 31 October 2012 - 10:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users