<ActionMaps Version="10">
<actionmap name="hud">
  <action name="toggle_Weapon_Group">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j0_button4"/>
  </action>
</actionmap>
<actionmap name="mech">
  <action name="m_toggle_night_vision">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button6" index="1" defaultInput="j1_pov1_left"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_toggle_thermal_vision">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button5" index="1" defaultInput="j1_pov1_up"/>
  </action>
  <action name="powerToggle">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button11" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button11"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_freelook">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j0_button7"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg_as">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j0_button1"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg6">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button9"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg5">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button8"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg4">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button2" index="0" defaultInput="j1_button7"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg3">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button3" index="0" defaultInput="j1_button6"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg2">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button1" index="0" defaultInput="j1_button5"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_wg1">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button0" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button4"/>
  </action>
  <action name="joy_turn">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_axis_x" index="0" defaultInput="j0_rot_z"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_jump_jet">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button9" index="1" defaultInput="j0_button5"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_fullStop">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button2"/>
  </action>
  <action name="shutdownOverride">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button10" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button10"/>
  </action>
  <action name="joy_invert_throttle">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="0" defaultInput="j1_button1"/>
  </action>
  <action name="joy_throttle">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_axis_z" index="0" defaultInput="j0_slider0"/>
  </action>
  <action name="joy_torso_rotateyaw">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_rot_z" index="0" defaultInput="j0_axis_x"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_next_target">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button4" index="1" defaultInput="j0_button5"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_torso_centre">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button7" index="1" defaultInput="j1_button3"/>
  </action>
  <action name="m_toggle_zoom_mode">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="j0_button8" index="0" defaultInput="j1_pov_right"/>
  </action>
  <action name="attack1">
   <rebind device="joystick" input="" index="3" defaultInput="j0_button0"/>
  </action>
</actionmap>
</ActionMaps>

original topic here http://mwomercs.com/...hotas-x-review/

Edited by AllGamer, 31 October 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Derring-Do

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostAllGamer, on 31 October 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

here's the profile for it to work properly:

Hey AllGamer...

I am using this, but only using the throttle part. I love the detent in the middle so I know where "neutral/stop" is.

I am having a problem though where when I use the keyboard to open chat or the map my mech stops. Like it does not recognize the HOTAS anymore. Once I close the map or finish typing it goes back to normal.

Thoughts?

#3 AllGamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in innersphere

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

that actually is just something new that only started happening since the last patch

i do get the same bug

it was working fine before the Open Beta patch

#4 Derring-Do

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAllGamer, on 01 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

that actually is just something new that only started happening since the last patch

i do get the same bug

it was working fine before the Open Beta patch

Really? I was having this issue in Closed Beta as well.

And thank you BTW, I have been using this since the day you posted it the first time a month or so ago.

#5 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I am going to be getting one of these joy sticks. The question I have is how do I change the values? I never had to go into anything like that with a plug and play stick set up...... Well not since the days before USB ports. PM or just post something on here.

#6 Derring-Do

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostJonas, on 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

I am going to be getting one of these joy sticks. The question I have is how do I change the values? I never had to go into anything like that with a plug and play stick set up...... Well not since the days before USB ports. PM or just post something on here.

I was able to copy/paste AllGamer's text to my .cfg files and it worked. After that, I went into the in game options and adjusted some buttons to my liking. I only use the throttle portion of this setup, I still use the mouse for shooting.

#7 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I started with the Atari joystick with one stick and one button. I have had probably over 30 sticks so far in my life some expensive with lights lots of buttons. Cheap ones in hard times. Of them all the flight Hotas X is the best. I will outlast any other stick made.
the controls will work great if we had Canadians who knew what they were. It almost never needs to be calabrated. Can stand up to the most pounding you can give it. Their is nothing better for the money period. I have everything working off the binding very well except one thing the up down pitch is all that gets backwards and for me I can't handle a throttle no problem. Has anyone figured it out ? If so post here please. torso twist any movement is great everything works but that .

Their are other companys out their that have good sticks but get an extended warrenty you will need it. But not with this baby. If someone trys to get in your home hit them in the head with it and will still work. You would have to get it to understand it will last longer and give you less problems than these 400 or 500 dollar sticks. I have had them I know.

All i need is to get the mech to move up and down the right way and wham.

Being as old as I am where are these .cfg files ? and the other one? but the binding works except for the one problem. actionmaps.xml? where do they go?

#8 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

hi there

i just bought this thrustmaster hotas x, the configs works fine, but as fast aiming mouse gamer i miss sensitive on the stick, meant the torso turn speed is much lower as with the mouse. is not a problem for me but its need more sensitive if u seriously want play with stick, i just keep playing with mouse and use only the throttle part.

i only remaped the turn to the ruder slider on the hotas (5 axis mode) and other keys ingame to fit my setup.

@shotokan5
here u can find the *.cfg and *.xml

user.cfg
/piranha games/mechwarrior online/user.cfg *note make sure u make this file to read only

actionmaps.xml
/piranha games/mechwarrior online/user/profiles/yourprofile/actionmaps.xml

edit
after a few match i noticed that my throttle begins at 30% (backward throttle same) any way to get this working from 0-100% ? adding the deadzone attribute didnt help.

so i found a little solution to make that deadzone attribute working, add/replaced those following line´s in the user.cfg

i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 //The deadzone is Set at the lowest so that you get the maximum range of your joystick
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 //You need both of these lines set the same to make the deadzone work properly

found in this guide now the throttle and movement from the mech beginns @15kph (before 30kph), i wish i can zeroing that a little more... nvm... mechs can´t go slower @15kph

all system nominal...except this "mechs stop" when using chat or scoreboard.

Edited by Acid Phreak, 09 November 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#9 Goregrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

I was looking at this controller earlier today. Programming it sounds very complex but I'm not very computer literate. From a new guy perspective, is it hard to set up?

I was also wondering if it is vastly superior to using mouse/keyboard?

#10 Acid Phreak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostAllGamer, on 31 October 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

here's the profile for it to work properly:

user.cfg
[/s][/s][/s][/s]
[s][s][s][s]cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0[/s][/s][/s][/s]
[s][s][s][s]cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0[/s][/s][/s][/s]
[s][s][s][s]cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1[/s][/s][/s][/s]
[s][s][s][s]cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1[/s][/s][/s][/s]
[s][s][s][s]

hi works well but i have add 2 deadzone commands for the throttle. this let me start mech movement @ 15kph (minimal mech speed) before the mech starts @30kph and the throttle didnt works in the low speed.

i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 //set the deadzone, 0.0005 is the smallest, set following line same with this.
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005 <-- never mind o_O

i also notized that the mech reached full speed before the throttle go full on the stick (hardware site), any tips or is that just caused by the build?

@goregrimm
i just use the throttle stick (the second axis for turn) and mouse, the analog throttle and his middle stop is beautifull for gameplay.. only the right/left turn is same with keyboard ;) but the devs works on that point. i can handle better my speed and can better hunt mechs down, better manuevering around an atlai and so on :) and i have better controll over my "actionmap" the throttle stick has some buttons for :)

for setup just paste the joystick config in the user config (user.cfg) located in your gamefolder and save
u can simple open the user file with the texteditor.
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 0  //higher value 0.01 as example will decrease sensitivity
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0 //dont altered this attribute
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1
cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
i_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005   //0.0005 is the smallest deadzone setting, if ur mech turning mad use a higher value
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.0005  //need to have the same value with i_joystick_deadzone

u can set the actionmaps ingame now, for the analog inputs pls scroll down there and use "turn"pitch"throttle to set up the analog joystick input, u dont need set the "invert throttle" because its in the config already inverted.

Edited by Acid Phreak, 16 November 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#11 Asumaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hello, I would like to make a little clarity to the data controller. HOTAS ended his support. in windows7 it does not work correctly. start with what is defined incorrectly on the support site has drivers for Vista and if you do not have sp1 (which I doubt), then the driver is installed correctly, but when trying to install windows7 with sp1 falls in BSOD.

PS on techsupport on thurstmaster site and my model name i buy in 2004 this joystick cals a TopGun 2 (with FFB or NOT)
PSS sorry my english i used g.translate.

#12 Acid Phreak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

i don´t use the driver from Thrustmaster :rolleyes: i just plug this stick in and go play..

there is no reason to install the driver from thrustmaster.

#13 Asumaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostAcid Phreak, on 20 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

i don´t use the driver from Thrustmaster :) i just plug this stick in and go play..

there is no reason to install the driver from thrustmaster.

i say if u have FFB do u not have this FFB with standart windows driver & this sad

#14 Acid Phreak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostAsumaru, on 20 November 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

i say if u have FFB do u not have this FFB with standart windows driver & this sad

what if i tould you that the T.Flight HOTAS X has no FFB?

#15 Cannibal Cat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I owned this when I lived in the US. Awesome joystick, especially in that you can separate the throttle physically from the joystick. The only thing I hated was the rudder on the throttle, it was more annoying than helpful. I wish they made a version with more buttons instead.

#16 Acid Phreak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

u can use this ruder as 5th axis ...for MWo as throttle+mouse combo ideal. and when PGI implement analog turn.. will be good with this.

another HOTAS throttle didnt have those "ruder" on the throttle in this priceclass, if u want more buttons then was the pro throttle with 3 axis maybe what for u http://www.chproduct...-v13-d-719.html

Edited by Acid Phreak, 24 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#17 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I set up my Thrustmaster during closed beta with a guide similar, but more in depth, than this one. I just had to reinstall the game to deal with a bug issue. Unfortunately this actionmap is different than the one in that was put up in closed beta. Do any of you have that actionmap that they can link here, I'm not a fan of the new one. Sadly they have locked up all the forums from closed beta so my link no longer works.

Also the rocker on my throttle no longer turns the mech, which makes the throttle kind of useless as well. I've changed both the actionmap and user.cfg files.

What would be really cool is if one of you PGI guys could simply put up the old closed beta post as that one worked perfectly. This is the link that used to work:

http://mwomercs.com/...joystick-setup/

Thank you so much as I already miss my throttle.

#18 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Got this to work. Took a lot of remapping, but its running just like it used to now!

#19 Struma

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hey Fuzzy, I am in the same boat as you. I set up my thrustmaster throttle in closed beta and had to re install last night. Could you post the action map and user.cfg file that you are using to make your mouse/throttle work?
Thanks!

#20 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

I used the ones here. Here is what I did:

1) Clean re-install
2) Log in once to the game to create your user profile then log out
3) Copy the XLM file to notepad ran in administrator. Save this XLM file in you User Profile, over writing the old one, remember to change the save name. Should look like this, and remember to actually save it in your user name file:

Posted Image

4) Copy the .CFG file to notepad ran in administrator. Save this .CFG file over the old .CFG file. Again remember to change the save name. Should look like this:

Posted Image

Next I had to manually map the throttle. Its down here, just double click it then push the throttle and save it:

Posted Image

Next the leg movement. Again click it the just click the rudder to mark it.

Posted Image

Finally re-map all your throttle buttons and mouse buttons as you see fit. If you look on the above pictures you will see what I use. That is pretty much the same mapping as the Closed Beta one. You might have to map it over a couple games to get it to stick. I had to for some reasons. I think it took me three or four games of moving things around before it finally stuck. Works like a charm now.

FB

P.S. Also don't forget to re-map the buttons that are in the XLM here if you don't need them. If you don't you will find some of your buttons doing two things at once. I did this by just re-mapping those buttons to something on the joystick to clear them off.

Edited by TheFuzzyBunny, 05 December 2012 - 09:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users