TAG and NARC - working logically?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Creepi Jim

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

If I remember correctly the NARC beacon only lasts 6 seconds, which is a joke, besides the already mentioned flaws of the implementation.

When ECM/BAP are introduced, the NARC and TAG should be fixed, too.

I'd like to use the NARC if it was of any use...

#22 EDMW CSN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostSHORTZ, on 31 October 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

what i would like to know is why they have made TAG weigh 1 tonne as opposed to the 0.5 tonnes it was originally. as we have said this sort of technology already exists in the real world for guiding missles onto target. but do no for a second expect me to believe that it weighs 0.5 tonnes let alone the 1000kg that allegedly it weighs for the MW universe.. i mean it is just a laser light that points at a target, that sort of thing can be handheld in real life. small lasers, being a destructive focused beam i can understand, but not just a little targeting laser. i think they should decrease the tonnage again back to 0.5. and yeah fix the narc beacon it is just not worth its weight

In CBT, IS TAG always weigh one ton.

#23 Digital Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

View Postp00k, on 31 October 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

if i read the game files correctly, just 1 second, vs 15 for the narc as some1 stated earlier

Apparently I aim faster than I thought then. It sure seems like 2 or 3, but that's probably just a perception thing due to being "in the zone" or whatever you want to call it.

View PostEDMW CSN, on 01 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

In CBT, IS TAG always weigh one ton.

It used to be half a ton in MWO.

Edited by Digital Ninja, 01 November 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#24 Tuoweit

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostShastaBlasta, on 31 October 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I havn't messed with NARC or TAG yet, but am curious, If all you do is paint the target with it, and do no damage by other means, do you still get assists?

You get spotting assists, but you would have gotten those without them anyways just by targeting something. I use a TAG fairly regularly and as far as I can tell I get no extra XP/c-bill bonus directly from its use (though I'm sure it does contribute to kills and hence the occasional victory).

#25 Ghosth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo North Dakota

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

I suspect the good dev's saw tag being used a bit more than they expected, and so raised its weight to a ton to cut its overall usage a bit. And I'm sure that will do exactly that.

At half a ton it is pretty much an afterthought, you can slip it in most anywhere as long as you have a spare energy slot.

At a full ton only those who use tag a lot and benefit from it will continue to carry it on their mechs.

I love it on my laser Cats but simply don't have room for it on my current founders cat build.

#26 Mylar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Tag is fine as is.

Narc is pointless at the moment.
Lasts like 8 seconds, and half the time even direct hits with the pod will just fly straight through the enemy mech.

Narc should last till the armor on the section it hits is destroyed.
Narc should allow people to get target lock on the mech without anyone having to maintain LOS. To balance that the narc pod should not provide the benefits of tag, with more missiles hitting and better clustering ect...

This way the narc makes keeping the target easier for the LRM boats, and the TAG makes the LRM boats more effective.

Working that way there would be incentive for a good scout to use BOTH.

Run up and stick narc pods to the legs of the enemy team, so that the support mechs have a good choice of targets and you can get out before dying, then circle back and provide TAG to assist the incoming volleys.

Edited by Mylar, 01 November 2012 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users