Answered

13 replies to this topic

#1 EvilNelmart

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I am having an issue with my profile settings... I use ie9, and have made sure it is up to date, as far as the latest version. When I click on my profile I am given a screen with 5 input boxes:
Email:
Pilot Name:
First Name:
Last Name:

Country, email, and Pilot name work fine, show my information, no problem. However, when I scroll over the first and Last name boxes, my cursor turns into a circle with a line through it... and I cannot input any info...

Also, when I click on "select allegiance Icon" it takes me to that same screen, and gives me no option for setting an Icon.

Is this a common issue or something wrong with my browser?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yes, MWO recently changed to a whole new forum layout.

The 'select allegiance icon' system appears to be a casualty of war and is, for the time being, non-functional.

Note that faction selection does nothing in-game, the only thing it does is change your forum portrait. Hopefully this will be remidied soon, but they are still working on transitioning to the new layout.

#3 Dominatrix420

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLounging in my Dungeon Lair.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Also, to get to your actual editable profile, you have to (Or at least I do), view someone else's profile, preferably someone on your friends list, Using the search option sometimes works, but clicking on your avatar on their profile will get you to your actual profile page.

In other words, for now, the system is borked.

#4 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostDominatrix420, on 03 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Also, to get to your actual editable profile, you have to (Or at least I do), view someone else's profile, preferably someone on your friends list, Using the search option sometimes works, but clicking on your avatar on their profile will get you to your actual profile page.

In other words, for now, the system is borked.

Good news is, click "Profile" at the top now... there's a link to your Forums Profile so no more having to find your name in a thread or anything... wooot... improvements on-going for the Forums... always a good thing!!

#5 GL Chozo4

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

You can still access your profile by clicking your name next to your forum post above the 'avatar' icon. That is the current workaround for editing ones profile as you will find the 'Edit Profile' button toward the right-hand side afterward. It is a common issue still affecting everyone at the moment.

View PostCazmill, on 05 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

ZOMG this bug is *** i hate being a white dude LOL
I don't see the relevance of being of a certain skin colour affecting profile access... care to enlighten the rest of us?

Edited by GL Chozo4, 05 November 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#6 Dunedain1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I can access my profile, but I see no option at all for selecting an avatar after looking through all the profile menus "General Account Settings", "Signature", etc. Am I missing something, or is it not currently possible to select any avatar?

Edited by Dunedain1, 28 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#7 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Click on your avatar icon (this will bring you to your forum profile page), now hover over your avatar icon and click on Select Faction (which should appear), select the desired picture. You can now click forums on the header to exit the screen.

Congradulations you have just set up your alligiance icon!

#8 Dunedain1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ah, thanks. :ph34r: I look forward to when we can import custom icons, that will be fun. ;)

#9 Thrill KIll

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationPullman, WA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I am so R-tarded when it comes to forums. So new i don't understand how to edit any of this stuff

#10 Claw99

Rookie

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Great

#11 Volstagg

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationWilmington, DE

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 AM