How to buy more armor?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Frostbeast

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Tried it to buy it under the "loadout" and "configure armor" tab. But nothing happens. Bug or my fault?

#2 Nokkeli

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

go to loadout select the armor tab, select where you want armor and start adding. Then save your mech and your done.

#3 Frostbeast

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

And when i dont have any more points to add and i want to buy more armorpoints? is it possible?

#4 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

No that's not possible.
The only way to get better armour is to upgrade to FF (which costs iirc 1.5milCB)

#5 Nokkeli

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Your mech has a limit to how much armor it can have. When you get to that limit you cant put more on it but you can upgade your armor type.

#6 Shadowsword8

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

There's something I don't understand about it. For example, if the center armor of an atlas has 86/128, and I have 2 armor points left, I can get it to 88/128, but no more. I should be able to get all the way to 128, if I free enough points by removing armor on other parts of the mech, but I can't.

#7 Nokkeli

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostShadowsword8, on 01 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

There's something I don't understand about it. For example, if the center armor of an atlas has 86/128, and I have 2 armor points left, I can get it to 88/128, but no more. I should be able to get all the way to 128, if I free enough points by removing armor on other parts of the mech, but I can't.

If you have enough tons left then you should be able to do it, else you would have to free up some weight.

#8 Raiskoen

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Check the rear torso. Don't forget that front and rear parts share the possible amount of armor. That means you will only be able to maximize the front party, if you "steal" it from the rear part of a section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users