21 replies to this topic

#21 Butane

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USofA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

i dont see much of a problem with ransoming mechs, cause ya gotta think, someone gets greedy, messes with the wrong person and boom, insta blacklist. guild members and allies would start targeting them and make sure to do whatever they could to stop that person from being a threat. itd all balance itself out since people would be afraid of starting wars with other guilds or having themselves blacklisted and ruining their own playing experience. the term headhunters comes to mind, either that or hitmen...not to mention that the payout for gaining a mech back would be more then enough to make most people agree to ransom a mech back, why take someone else unit when you could get the cash to make yours better or get somethin nice new and shiny?

#22 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'm not sure how the devs are planning to work things with a view to starting mechs?

With the roleplaying game you created your character and as part of your character build you specified the mech class you wanted to start with.

with lights being the cheapest in character points and Assults being almost prohibitively expensive.

but it was possible to start with any class of mech if you made the right choices when spending character points.

It would be nice for MW:O to have a similar mechanic. Depending on what choices you make in character gen you gain access to a different 'noob' mech. be it a 20 ton light, a 40 ton medium, a 60 ton heavy or a 80ton Assault.

It would then start you at a different place on your house's tech tree.

Unlike WoT I would hope for more movement not only UP but also DOWN the tree. The key to keeping smaller mechs viable comes (in my opinion) from the devs making them practical. Lights should be harder to track by large mechs ... they should be able to really fullfil the role of scouts ... unlike in WoT where scouts are just bait for larger tanks. Maps need to be BIG and cover and terrain needs to realistically effect line of sight and spotting etc. (also unlike WoT)

But coming back to the topic at hand. I think having your house's mechs at a significant discount to other house's mechs seems viable.

Here is an idea .... Maybe if you defeat 'x' number of an enemy's mechs you gain the option to unlock that rival house's mech and kill 'y' number more and you get a discount when purchasing that mech.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users