Best first mech to buy?

4 replies to this topic

#1 TomorrowKing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hello I'm currently saving C-bills to buy my first mech, what would be a good one ot aim for for a first one?

#2 Ed Anger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...chback-hbk-4sp/

#3 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have to agree. HBK-4SP is a great 'mech if you want something with a ton of customization an combat effectiveness in any role. Two missile hardpoints + 5 energy hardpoints, and the missiles are split to either side of the torso, giving it redundancy and making it essentially strictly better than the 4J.

#4 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I strongly recommend Hunckbacl 4-P (yeah the one with ridiculous 9 energy hardpoints), with 7xSL on hunch+head plus 2xML on arms, then max out armor and HS. Now you have a brawler that costs no ammo, ridiculously powerful up close and would probably never overheat. Also when you have made enough CB for an XL engine you can boost your speed all the way to 80km/h with exactly the same firepower/heat efficiency.

#5 Nokkeli

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

There is another thread like this. But I will repeat what I think is the best way to go. Try all the trial mechs more than once and get to know your play style. Then based on that you sould buy your first mech. You should not buy something just because someone else likes it or says mech x is the best.

Edited by Nokkeli, 04 November 2012 - 11:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users