- - - - -

game crashes

83 replies to this topic

#1 II12yanII

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

the game just closes when im in the middle of a game with no errors and anything. its really annoying and its happening more frequently since the last update. i hope you fix this soon. its been happening since i started playing the game a few months ago

#2 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

have you overclockedyour computer or vid card? overclocking to much will make that happin

#3 TheNineBreaker

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I also have random drops to desktop where the client just closed with no errors.
For me its only started to happen since the lastest patch.

#4 Crazycajun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 356 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

The crashes are every single match for me now..every fooking one...

most games get better with each patch or have their netcode worked/fixed...

here its the opposite..

and no...its not on our end.....fix it already

#5 II12yanII

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

i am overclocked at 4.7GHz but its completely stable. i ran a stress test for 24 hours and it didnt reboot so i wouldnt think it would be that

#6 Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Its been happenning to me also....one minute i'm in the mix of things and then BAM!....Desktop. Annoying as sheet.

#7 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

-Screen goes black.
-Back at home screen with no error or msg.
-Mech is shown as "Still InGame"
-Usually happens at the start of a game but can aslo mid game aswell.

I have been trying to resolve this issue for the past couple of days, I was previously able to run this game no problem. Is there any more info i can provide to help get this fixed? Or anything I can try on my end ?

#8 The Decoy

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Likewise, crashing to desktop in the middle of matches. Not OC on CPU or video card. Nvidia 660 GTX using the latest drivers.

#9 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

TTT

I submitted a ticket but havent heard anything back yet.

#10 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I was able to play about 8 games this morning before a crash happened. The only difference I could point out is that the servers are obviously not as busy in the morning on a week day. this leads me to belive this could possibly be a server related issue during peak hours. I will try again tonight when more people are online and see if it starts crashing again. For the meantime im going to go enjoy some more crash free mwo while it lasts lol, I probably just jinx'd it.

#11 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Just heard back from my ticket, there response was as follows;

"The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon."

So it seems it is not on our end, lets hope this is resolved in the next patch.

#12 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Im crashing to the login scren and getting network error about every 3 matches.

#13 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

totally unplayable today for some reason crashing every few min. It was decent yesterday. Not sure what the difference is. im still leaning towards how busy the servers are.

#14 Romulus Stahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationStormhead, Loburg, Alarion Province

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostII12yanII, on 05 November 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

i am overclocked at 4.7GHz but its completely stable. i ran a stress test for 24 hours and it didnt reboot so i wouldnt think it would be that

Your overclocked box is stable with stable optimized software, the game is still beta, not optimized and has issues.
I have issues as well with GPU overclocking, while I can run Heaven on higher settings I can't with MWO.

#15 Spooky01

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Same here things have just got worst since the new patch, in the middle of a fire fight and then looking at desktop?
I don't know if this game is running on Direct 11 or not? but could this be the problem?

My PC is overclocked to 4.7 on itel i7 HEX Core, Stable run stress test 24hrs all OK. so its not my PC.... Nor my internet connection. GTX 680 classifide.. 16MB Dominator ram overclocked 2400..................water cooled so not over heating...

I know the guys are working on it as they said its a know issuse and the matter is closed?

#16 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

TTT

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point it's not a problem on the user end of things and all we can really do is sit tight and hope they fix it soon.

#17 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

S!

The CTD creates a crash dump file you can zip up and send to the Support. Done so now for a while after getting these annoying crashes. The crash dump file is in X:\..\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\USER\

#18 DudeBroSki

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I have this problem when you can hear the swoosh of missiles about to hit and it just turns off the game like as if its end tasked.

#19 FlareUKCS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWales , UK.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Had this for the first time today, thats after many many many games played on this configuration...

Was in a Cat C1 trial ver. , me and a light was barely sorting out a Atlas by bouncing the 'aggro' between us and fired a volley off missiles once he got past 180m and ... oh heres my desktop, did it minimise? Nope. Did it crash ? No errors... just as if I wasnt playing a thing.

Annoying as hell.

#20 KBob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCountry of DEVs

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostFlareUKCS, on 10 November 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Had this for the first time today, thats after many many many games played on this configuration...

Was in a Cat C1 trial ver. , me and a light was barely sorting out a Atlas by bouncing the 'aggro' between us and fired a volley off missiles once he got past 180m and ... oh heres my desktop, did it minimise? Nope. Did it crash ? No errors... just as if I wasnt playing a thing.

Annoying as hell.

the fact, that there is no popup doesn't mean that there is no error, as it was already said above - check your USER folder within game ( Mechwarrior Online ) folder for the latest dump file, or at least check time and content by the end of omicron file directly in the Mechwarrior Online folder for something like :

[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
System Shutdown
WER: Running CryEngine Exception Handler
WER: Creating Crash Dump
WER: Attempting to load DBGHELP.DLL
WER: DBGHELP.DLL Located
WER: Creating Crash Dump File
WER: Crash Dump File Created writing dump data
Saved dump file to 'user\crashdump.dmp'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users