#1 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Simple question: What are the areas for Kintaro's side torsos?

To make it easier... you see the Golden Boy has the Japanese/Chinese "金太郎" painted on the front. So, is it the area in the middle with "太" considered CT while the rest are LT/RT, or is the whole area with "金太郎" paintjob CT, and only the shoulders LT/RT?

Cuz if the latter, then I'm definitely throwing an XL in there.

#2 Deathfox619

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationRichmond<VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

the side torsos Are the rings on the arms. you can go xl in it they only thing is the front torso can be hit from the back very easily. too easy i must say that is how i am dying is by my from torso being cored out and i have my back to the enemy or my side. just found out in mech lab it has a 360 front torso i am very sad at that ;) i feel i have wasted my money on it guess it will collect dust now ;)

#3 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

...well, then I assume you could decrease armor on rear CT and add more to the front?

Still, the tiny shoulders are great news ;)

#4 C91

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

after playing quite a few matches with the Golden Boy I got to admit that the whole Kintaro-Chassis is just usefull as longrange player ... if at all. Still need to test things out but you can use an XL because you just die due to cored CT's .

hm no wonder I get cored from all angles:

left shows active CT, right shows Rear CT

Posted Image

Edited by c91, 07 August 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#5 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yeah the Kintaro seems to have sideboobs for L/R torso, I really wonder what the guy working on the hitboxes of mechs is smoking sometimes.

I seen like, two GB's right after patch then no more, people realized they forked up $20 USD for a CT with legs and went:

Posted Image

"Back to my stalker!"

#6 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postc91, on 07 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

WHAT??

Just...WHAT??

DAFUQ is this?! How...HOW am I suppose to distribute armor like that? What...how....

#7 RavenValentine

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

Nice Booty

Edited by RavenValentine, 08 August 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#8 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

Just so you know, the actual hitboxes are not what you see as selections in the mechlab.

#9 Laserhupe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTreasure Beach

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:05 AM

@modo44
BS! wat Helmstif posted is true. the armor from front counts on the rear too.
My mate and me bought GB yesterday and after 5 matches, where we both evertime get cored from behind into the CT, we were wondering and took a look at the armor in the mechlab.
wat we saw (helmstifs pic) ...well we were both shocked! the most beautiful designed mech (til now) has failed with its hitboxes..

just test it by yourself. buy one, launch game and try to run away or even torsotwist to avoid dmg to your open CT. you wont countdown from 10 til u get cored.

@PGI
FIX that CT/RCT

or

We want our money back!

just my 2 CTs

#10 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 06 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

...well, then I assume you could decrease armor on rear CT and add more to the front?

Still, the tiny shoulders are great news :)

It sounds nice, but as a longtime Hunchback player, I will tell you that this has very serious downsides. I run my hunch with all the armor in the front except for 2 in the back, as the hunch's armor allocation is pretty screwy. This works great some of the time, but if someone does actually hit the spot where you made your armor into paper, well, you're dead (or in the HBK, just crippled for the rest of the match). The whole point of having a front/back armor split is to promote tactical gameplay- the ambusher wants to hit the rear armor, the retreating players wants to expose his untouched back to save the front armor from being stripped completely. It's frustrating to hit someone from behind only to have the damage go to the front just like it's frustrating to get cored in front when something hits you from the rear. Having messed up hitboxes like this defeats the whole point of even having a front/rear allocation system in the first place.

View Postc91, on 07 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

after playing quite a few matches with the Golden Boy I got to admit that the whole Kintaro-Chassis is just usefull as longrange player ... if at all. Still need to test things out but you can use an XL because you just die due to cored CT's .

hm no wonder I get cored from all angles:

left shows active CT, right shows Rear CT

Posted Image

I'm not claiming the KTO has good hitboxes (I would claim the opposite, actually), but what you see in the mech lab is not at all indicative of what you get in the game. It's a shame really, because the AWS' hitboxes are fine in the mechlab, even though they suck in-game, to name one example.

#11 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

The top of your head counts as CT, which makes some shots core you even from the back. There is a thread about actual hitbox locations, and no, they do not correspond to what you see in the mechlab.

#12 Vetrecs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 786 posts
  • LocationGei Fu

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 07 August 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yeah the Kintaro seems to have sideboobs for L/R torso, I really wonder what the guy working on the hitboxes of mechs is smoking sometimes.

I seen like, two GB's right after patch then no more, people realized they forked up $20 USD for a CT with legs and went:

Posted Image

"Back to my stalker!"

Yes, its a big problem :)

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostLaserhupe, on 08 August 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

@modo44
BS! wat Helmstif posted is true. the armor from front counts on the rear too.

These are much closer to actual hitboxes. Note you can test hitboxes by 'clicking' on the mech. If you click somewhere and you change from one part to another, that's a hit to that part.

You can't select the front CT from the back CT, so that highlight in the back for the front means nothing.

View PostKoniving, on 08 August 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

This isn't 100% pinpoint accurate, but it's pretty close considering I did this in 45 seconds.
Posted Image

Basically from the front, left, and right, your CT front can be hit. There is Zero risk in using an XL engine, but as a result there is Zero protection for your CT.

Golden Boy is also the slowest of all Kintaros (290 engine) versus the rest (360 engines). This means the Golden Boy is the worst one to use for brawling. It makes up for this by having 65 total missile tubes available. Most other Kintaros are listed as having 26 to 28 tubes.

In other words, since the Golden Boy is by far the slowest of all the Kintaros, and comes with the most possible missile tubes... it pays significantly well to go LRM-boat with the Golden Boy. Leave the brawling to the regular Kintaros with their 116.6 kph. You'll never go more than 94 kph in the Golden Boy anyway.

Edited by Koniving, 08 August 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#14 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Goldenboy is an LRM boat (though it's a glass cannon if you use all the tubes), not the SRM Brawler that was promised in the advertisement.

#15 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Just from a business perspective, this is a really mystifying decision. The Kintaros that can actually run good XL engines might - might - be decent, but slow + hueg CT + Medium is a recipe for disaster. This is one of those things that really make you wonder if they play their own game ;)

#16 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I sure hope PGI fixes this chassis. I have the Golden Boy and have played enough to complete all the basic efficiencies. I finally found a build that would work (LRMS, not a brawler or light hunter as I hoped). Never have I been killed by anything but CT hits. It needs a larger armor allowance there, at the minimum.

#17 NoThreat

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostWin Ott, on 13 August 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I sure hope PGI fixes this chassis. I have the Golden Boy and have played enough to complete all the basic efficiencies. I finally found a build that would work (LRMS, not a brawler or light hunter as I hoped). Never have I been killed by anything but CT hits. It needs a larger armor allowance there, at the minimum.

Agreed , CT gets taken out way to easy. Even when on max armor.
Defo going LRMs on my Golden Boy

#18 Itrosk

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

I have always been a big fan of the Kintaro KTO-20 so naturally when i saw they were bringing it out i jumped to buy it.... but as many of you i find that the center torso is ridiculous you get killed in a couple of seconds and it is always the centre never anything else... its ridiculous.. i really want to play this mech they need to fix the hitboxes.

#19 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

There is hope. http://mwomercs.com/...amage-magnetism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users