Open Beta Players.. What Features Do We Have?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hello.

I´m a new player in MWO. I've been a fan of MW and BT since I was young, but never before tried the pc versions of the games... till now.

My question is this: I've been playing during some days, and I haven't done anything but get in matches (assault mode only), been killed (ok, I'm new and other people know how to use the mechs, I expected that), and gain C-Bills... but I can´t find the fun on it. At this moment, I feel in a "Robot version" of Counterstrike, when I expected something like EVE online.

I mean... the vets talk about wondrous features their mechs have... things I have seen in the MechLab.. but I can't get (my C-Bill's accounts grow and grow, what for?). I have no access to the Factions or the Store... and no idea of how to use them. Or how to get access to them.

So, please... think in us, the real newbies. Give us a real way to learn how to play, instead of deploying us in the battle with not even some guides of how to advance.

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

As you already stated, this game is still in a beta state and far from ready.
At the moment you can buy mechs with C-Bills, equip them with stuff you buy for C-Bills in the Mech lab and take your Mechs to battle. Thats about it.
At the moment there is only one Game mode (I think an other is announced for end november), 4 Maps ( one mod of forest colony will be implemented in tomorrows patch ), 3 light mechs, 3 medium mechs, 2 heavy mechs and 2 assault mechs. (every mech has at least 3 variants)
Nothing more.
All other things people are talking about are yet to come.

#3 LazDude2012

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Let's be honest, lol.

Beta is feature-complete and being bugtested.

This game is in Alpha state, but it's being pushed on the public as nearly complete, which is what Beta is supposed to mean.

#4 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ok... so, I am supposed to purchase new mechs with my C-Bills.... but... I insist... the Store is not available to me. Do I have to do something to get access?

Also, one person explained me XP are only available when playing with no-trial mechs. Is it true? (once again, bad news if I don´t find the way to buy new mechs).

#5 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

You need more Mech bays to buy mechs. You buy Mech Buys with MC. You get no XP from trial mechs. Please read the forum posts regarding new users, features and all the other stuff you should probably know before you ever start playing. The game is incomplete, you have to do a few things on your own right now.

#6 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

The store is available, it is a little confusing how to start though. Click on the Mechlab button at the top, then click on "Owned Mechs" under "Mech Inventory" on the bottom left side of the interface. This will display your actual mech garage, click on one of the spots along the bottom and you'll be able to purchase a mech from there.

I can also do a shameless plug for my video series on playing with trial mechs, so there's that:
http://mwomercs.com/...19#entry1354219

Oh and yes, Trial mechs do not earn xp, but until you can purchase the mech you want, that doesn't really matter.

Edited by Greyrook, 06 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#7 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Many Thanks, Greyrock. Now I have my first own mechs, and still figuring how to use several features... :) (customizing Mech's seems slightly more difficult than I thought).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users