6 replies to this topic

#1 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried out a pair of SRM6s with the Artemis yet, especially in a HBK-4SP? I've not had a chance to get on since the patch but I'm eager to hear feed back on the performance of the system.

#2 Forzian

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I am currently using a Centurion CN9D with an LBX10, SRM6 & 4 +Artemis. So far I am enjoying it immensely. The spread on the SRM's seems to be much smaller using an Artemis.

#3 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I put artemis on a 6 srm6 cat, basicallly it makes the srm6's usable agianst slow moving targets up to ranges of 250m, the missiles will go to the enemy mech instead of scattering all over the place.

It's useless against fast moving mechs, which is probably a good thing.

Edited by Flapdrol, 06 November 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#4 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostFlapdrol, on 06 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I put artemis on a 6 srm6 cat, basicallly it makes the srm6's usable agianst slow moving targets up to ranges of 250m, the missiles will go to the enemy mech instead of scattering all over the place.

It's useless against fast moving mechs, which is probably a good thing.

I have several memorable kills on light and faster mechs with my SRM6s just past the point where they spread where that spread has helped to get hits on the target. Does it make the spread super, super tight or does it just keep the formation tighter further?

#5 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostRaso, on 06 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Does it make the spread super, super tight or does it just keep the formation tighter further?

Same question. How tight is it comparing to, like, SSRM2 pre-patch which always hit CT?

#6 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Also of note, did they change the pre-patch, non-artemis SRM6 flight paths? I haven't jumped on my 4SP yet to test it, but if they messed with the convergence I'll be pretty sad.

#7 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Well, LRMs get reeeaaaally small grouping with this, I hope SRMs are not as affected, else it'll be a missile shotgun (and those belong to Borderlands series)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users