Hbk4-J : Lrm Warrior Economy Class

24 replies to this topic

#21 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just for variety, I like you are using the J.

A small comment on the mlas vs mplas. I only used to run mediums, as they are a nice damage per ton weapon. Lately I have been running pulses instead. So much stronger against lights. Tougher on heat and to fit the tonnage. I tried to go back to my old medium build the other day, I found it really inferior.

#22 Spectre999

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Nice builds, but I feel they are focused on single combat.

You're right, Hauser. I'm a PUG-er and unashamed of it (though I still like to use the chat for some basic coordination, luckily my job made me a quick typist (: .
Some of the choices were made exclusively from the point of view of pugging and abusing the free-rearm feature. If I were to play full on premade and could actually count on my teammates to do the right thing, I would change quite a bit of stuff.
Mostly I'd swap the ammo loadout and maybe a single MPLAS would suffice. Making room for a single HPLAS is also an option to consider. Sadly, mic and teamspeak are a no-go for me (small flat with wife sleeping), so there.

With regards to MPLAS vs. MLAS, I think it's a manner of personal preference. On my ping, its much easier to aim with a MPLAS, but I've been thinking about employing chain-firing 4x MLAS (or more if I can make room) to a similar effect and a much more heat-effective setup (not to mention more consistent performance at longer ranges). I probably could save a ton or two on heatsinks if I went all MLAS.

Overall, with what I have atm, I do like to discipline novice light pilots who are told stories that LRM boats just die to them and get cocky. A warning burst to the cockpit usually teaches them to pay due respect to the higher tonnage.

#23 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostSpectre999, on 08 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

You're right, Hauser. I'm a PUG-er and unashamed of it (though I still like to use the chat for some basic coordination, luckily my job made me a quick typist (: .

Rather you then me. ;)

Still it'd be cool if they could get something like Solaris going.

#24 MuxFin

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Maybe this would be a correct topic to ask this:
I have a Hunch-J. I was thinking that is there any idea to change the 2 x LRM10 to one LRM20? I would loose on the dps, but I would get -2 to heat. As far as I know, the damage should be the same and that minus in the dps would not mean a lot, because I am not usually spamming rockets.

And what about this idea: I have now 2Mplas on hands and I was thinking also that I could change the 2xLRM10´s to maybe one LRM10 and get a PPC/ERPPC to the stock Mlaser section (the shoulder). I´d have to loose two Mlasers from that section to get that PPC to fit. I also have that Endo-steel and I am planning on getting ferrofibrous armor so that I can get a better engine. So, any thoughts? Last MechWarrior game I played was MW3 :)

edit:
Current setup:
2 x LRM10
3 x Mlas
2 x PMlas
1 x extra heatsink
Endo-steel
Otherwise basic J-build.

Edited by MuxFin, 09 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#25 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostMuxFin, on 09 November 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Maybe this would be a correct topic to ask this:
I have a Hunch-J. I was thinking that is there any idea to change the 2 x LRM10 to one LRM20? I would loose on the dps, but I would get -2 to heat. As far as I know, the damage should be the same and that minus in the dps would not mean a lot, because I am not usually spamming rockets.

And what about this idea: I have now 2Mplas on hands and I was thinking also that I could change the 2xLRM10´s to maybe one LRM10 and get a PPC/ERPPC to the stock Mlaser section (the shoulder). I´d have to loose two Mlasers from that section to get that PPC to fit. I also have that Endo-steel and I am planning on getting ferrofibrous armor so that I can get a better engine. So, any thoughts? Last MechWarrior game I played was MW3 :)

edit:
Current setup:
2 x LRM10
3 x Mlas
2 x PMlas
1 x extra heatsink
Endo-steel
Otherwise basic J-build.

On the LRM20 thing. The game would consider this in only 1 of the 2 missile slots, meaning it's using 10/20 missile tubes. So a minor difference is that it would fire this weapon in 2 rapid volleys of 10. LRM20s are also much more inefficient with weight and space than smaller launchers. This is why LRM 5s and LRM 15s are so popular.

You also mentioned Ferro Fibrous. This upgrade is really not worth it unless you have tons of space to spare and have all other lightweight upgrades. It gets you a very minimal amount of tonnage to work with. Instead I'd recommend shooting for double heatsinks first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users