Request For Wisdom Re: Cda-3C

1 reply to this topic

#1 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

The CDA-3C and the CDA-2A are very similar mechs, obviously. However, the CDA-3C has one energy slot, and four ballistic slots, to the 2A's 6 energy slots.

I find this really weird.

The stock 3C mounts a PPC, and the stock 2A mounts medium lasers. It is just as easy to mount a PPC on the 2A, if not a lot more practical since the 2A can take small lasers. The 3C, realistically, can only really mount machine guns, or maybe an AC2, to go along with that PPC.

So what's the deal with the 3C? Is this a case of the machine guns being way too nerfed (need to do more damage or be able to cause more crits), or is something else going on?

How the heck can you build a workable 3C variant, or, indeed, use the stock 3C usefully? I know it's easy to say 'just drop the MGs and ammo for heatsinks', but is that really the only option? Can it be played stock successfully? Is the 3C doomed to be a nigh unusable variant?

I did try stripping everything and making it lurch along with a tiny engine, so it could carry 4 AC2s, but really, I couldn't make that work for me.

#2 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

The machinegun can ONLY damage structure, which means you're meant to hop around and PPC off enemy armors then get close to finish them off. Which, is rather impractical.

I wish you could get used to running around with 2x AC2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users