Sensor Modules

3 replies to this topic

#1 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

I bought both upgrades today, and threw them into my Raven and honestly, I saw no difference. +25% is great and all, but really... nothing. Maybe I was just not being aggressive enough and trying to fight for it to be noticeable? I am unsure, though I will admit to only having used it in one match. Am I just using it on the wrong mech? Any suggestions for a role that would most benefit from it?

#2 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

Just a guess but to make use the extra range you need to have a line of sight. If you're in a raven the lines of sight are rather short because you're small and generally keeping away from ridge tops e.d.

I've tried it in the past in combination with BAP and I could spot targets up to 1k meters away.

#3 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

That is a fair point. I suppose that if I want to make good use of it, then I should really pick up a Catapult or some other long support mech. Likely a direct fire just to make better use of it. So maybe a Cataphract.

#4 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Another bonus is regards to the ECM.

ECM cloak radius is 25% of sensor range but it nullifies BAP, but with sensor module your range is 1000m so ECM can only cloak up to 250m instead of the 200, now thinking the bubble is 180, up from 20m to 70m window is huge increase esp those light who cannot carry ECM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users