X4 Raven Suicide Build?

8 replies to this topic

#1 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

UAC/5 x2
5 tons of ammo.
Xl 220
1 DHS.
Endo-Steel.
No Armo(u)r.

Don't ask me why but I just wanted something to go nuts in, prove a proper challenge.
I will make a few YouTube video's of the performance, prepare for laughs and sadness. I know I am going to die, from anything even remotely close to a contact with the enemy.

I hereby sign the death-warrant contract that I will not complain about unfairness. I asked for the pain and shall not weaver.

Edited by TimePeriod, 30 November 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

You drunk bro?

#3 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hm...I like...I might try this with a temp 4x. Smaller engine, more armor. maybe less ammo. But hmm...

#4 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostTimePeriod, on 30 November 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

No Armo(u)r.

This made me laugh. I always put the 'u' in, and get told that I'm spelling it wrong.

I'd be curious to see how this runs. A crazy amount of punch, but the definition of a glass cannon. I don't think I could handle no armor though. Even on my Locusts I run a minimum of max leg armor, because just running can do enough damage to your legs.

#5 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hah! I've done this with Ac/5s before. it's fun.

the 4x can be a solid mech. put an AC/10 in there with two back up mediums and you can be quite dangerous.

#6 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Nah its all about the AC20 raven with JJs a XL200 3 tons ammo and almost max armor.

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

You'd need a XL225 and 1DHS... a 220+1 would only be 9...

And the AC/20 raven is really fun... but not as much fun as the ECM PPC+ERPPC Raven 3L (imho), but that's because I like ranged righting. The dual UAC/5 would make a fun support Mech, but I wonder what 2PPC + AC/10 impact would do to a Mech with that "much" armour...

#8 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 03 December 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Nah its all about the AC20 raven with JJs a XL200 3 tons ammo and almost max armor.

Well, I can tell you after 10 matches that my build works excellently at what it was designed for, as an anti-armo(u)r shredder. Let me summerize:

-Pros
Lots of rapid damage.
Lots of speed.
Most heavy/assult and to some extent mediums, run in fear when getting struck by rapid UAC/5 rounds, believing something much larger is attacking them.

-Cons
If you get bumped by a goat on the road your ammo explodes and you die in a horrible fire.
You need balls of friggen STEEL!
Absolutely no ability to engage light 'Mechs.
Huge ammo consumption. (The 120 rounds is exhausted in 1-2 minutes of sustained fire)
Stripping down 1 ton of ammo for 2 jump jets leaves you with only 90 rounds, which is just not enough to make this build viable.
(And the list goes on)

Summery:
For all intent and purposes this 'Mech is hugely demanding in terms of personal skill level, anything less then "l33t haxor" and it becomes a death trap. If you get caught out in the open, even for a second you become a smothering ruin 25% faster then a standard Raven at any other time. You cannotallow yourself to get hit by any autocannon or machine gun Scratch that, anything at any given time what so ever.

Edited by TimePeriod, 03 December 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#9 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

lol! Gotta watch those wandering Goats and Bovine. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users