Good Upgrades For The Hunchback 4Sp

15 replies to this topic

#1 TomorrowKing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hello, yesterday I bought my first mech, the Hunchback 4SP. I upgrades it armor as at the momment that is it. I'm looking at the loadout page and confused as to how you upgrade anything else as seemingly everything is marked as not enough slots. This is the first time I've looked at the upgrade pages so I'm not sure what this means, I've got a good idea but no idea how to figure out how to say swap in a new engine, or for that matter even how to tell what engines would be good in it since I can't see any change in spec or anything when clicking on differnt ones. So can some one explain to me how upgrades work or point me to a guide? I'd like ot start playing around with its configuration. Oh! And one final question, I've seen a few mechs with differnt paint schemes, how do you change this? I see no option anywhere.

#2 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

endo steel and double heatsinks if you have the room for them.

#3 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Endo steel frees up several tons but takes 14 slots. A good choice if you have free slots.

Ferro armor frees up several tons but takes 14 slots. Not so good since you are already almost maxed out on armor.

Double heat sinks frees up tons but you might end up with less heat dissapation if you run out of slots.

Check out the other posts here for Huchback advice.

#4 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Ferro fibrous armor is pretty much useless, you save very little weight and it takes up 14 slots.

I suggest you go back to standard armor and use endo steel and double heatsinks if you have the money. That'll free up quite a bit of tonnage and you'll cool down very quick. allows for a bigger (standard of course) engine.

Edited by Flapdrol, 10 November 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#5 Vallyn

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I would concur with Flapdrol.

For the HBK endosteel frame and Double Heat Sinks are most effective - along with a larger engine for speed to enhance yours survivability.

Standard Engine would be best for the SP to maximize the time you stay alive and can damage opponents since it's hard to take out all your weapons.

You can easily get a larger engine and run 2-4 ML or MPL along with the SRM6's if you choose. DHS will give you the additional dissipation you need and Endosteel frees up a few tons. The FF armour should go to allow you to field the DHS.

#6 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

This reminds me - the Upgrade Tabs should state the cost of Crits and Weight (or gains of Crits and Weight) somewhere so that people can make better choices. I suspect the OP would have made a different choice if he could have compared the benefits. If you know how the rules work, it's an easy choice, but if you don't, you're pretty much left guessing.

#7 TomorrowKing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thank guys, saving for the heat sinks and will take the armor off once I've got the c-bills grinded for them.

I agree MustrumRidcully, the upgrade system is not newbie friendly, I really still don't understand it. :/

By the way unrealted to that how is the Yen-Lo-Weng? Is it worth the cost? Is it a fun mech to play?

#8 TomorrowKing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Ok now I'm confused. Just bought the double heat sinks and now its saying I don't have enough heat sinks. What happened, how do I fix this?

#9 MeerKatV

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostTomorrowKing, on 11 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Ok now I'm confused. Just bought the double heat sinks and now its saying I don't have enough heat sinks. What happened, how do I fix this?

You probably have an engine with less than 10 heat sinks built-in, check you mech stats. Just add a double sink or two to make it 10 - you can't get into a match without this minimum.

Edited by MeerKatV, 11 November 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#10 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Standard 260 engine.

Endo Steel.

SRM6 x2 (artemis nice, but optional as it will increase your rearm costs)

4-5 SLs, Ammo, HS to suit budget and heat need

#11 Kivin

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi. I just posted my usage of the 4SP in http://mwomercs.com/...-the-bulldozer/
Good luck.

#12 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostBagheera, on 11 November 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Standard 260 engine.

Endo Steel.

SRM6 x2 (artemis nice, but optional as it will increase your rearm costs)

4-5 SLs, Ammo, HS to suit budget and heat need

I run this build but with a 250 because I enjoy having artemis.

#13 Fussion166

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

I use the 260 with Artemis and Endo-Steel. i think im going to add double heat sinks so i can put ams back on.

#14 Cstriker

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Heres my current:

STD 245 Engine gives 79.4kph
5x MLas
2x Artemis SRM6s
DHS
Endosteel

Bam.

I am torn on my artemis upgrade, im not sure if it is worth it or not yet. I dont like the idea of the Small lasers. Also, I would roll 250 if not using artemis, 245 if you are.

#15 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostAware, on 11 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I run this build but with a 250 because I enjoy having artemis.

I dropped AMS so I could keep the 260 and artemis on the launchers. Had to have my speedster at least somewhat back.

Can.

Not.

Wait.

For.

Trebuchet.

:lol:

It's a tight squeeze since I have kinda crappy aim and twitchy right click, so I am likely carrying 1 ton more srm ammo than I really need. Considered going back to the mediums, but the punch in this mech for me is the srm12 volleys. That extra bit of top speed also helps because I tend to get myself into bad positions if I am after a mech. Nice to be able to Zoidberg outta there in a hurry. :)

Edited by Bagheera, 12 November 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#16 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

I took the stock 4SP added engo steel, upgraded to artemis iv, and changed the small laser into a small pulse.

This works rather well for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users