Speed Hack ?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Laoks

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

i was playing a game to day and a cent chaced down my jenner with a 300xl, not only that but he out ran a ac/20 shot. was told he had a 350xl, well jenner with 300xl moves at 9/13 or so and he sould only move at 7/11 so no way should he be able to keep upp much less run me down. PLZ tell me you looking into this cause if hacks start im out of here.
the guys name was [REDACTED]

Edited by Prosperity Park, 27 November 2012 - 11:34 PM.
removed player name

#2 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

He could use 350XL if he was piloting CN9-D, but there is no way he could out run you, maybe one of you got lagged?

Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/

Edited by r4plez, 10 November 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#3 Skinflowers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

If this is legitimate then you are better off submitting a support ticket rather than putting it on the general forums as someone able to deal with this isn't guaranteed to see it placed here.

Edited by Skinflowers, 10 November 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#4 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Trollturions?

#5 BLUEWOLF 07

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

I've run into this for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, a Cent chasing me down while I'm *in a*(edited) Jenner , while I'm doing 149.3, and he's GAINING on me, in a straight line.

Tonight, I noticed while on Caustic, this guy running along side me, like the Lagcommandos of 5 months ago, he was borderline blur he was going that fast. He chased me to his spawn, and I kept turning full torso twist, to check this distance, each of 4 times, he was GAINING on me, and the last stretch, was in a straight line.

Only difference this time, I got the whole the thing on Video :)

Info has been sent to devs

Edited by BLUEWOLF 07, 27 November 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#6 Rifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ive seen this before as well, there is definatly a speed hack in game they ned to adress this ASAP.

#7 BLUEWOLF 07

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Max engine for Hunch is 260, and tops out at 84, there are NO engines available after the 260 currently in the game as per the restrictions now in place, and in place for awhile. As for the Cent, Ive asked many times, an most say 106 is the Max currently available, my Yen Lo, cant catch a Jenner. In my previous post, I'm the one in the Jenner, not the other way around

Edited by BLUEWOLF 07, 27 November 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#8 Kousagi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

The cent Could keep up with a Jenner. One cent variant can mount the 390, if he uses the XL he should have enough space for some weapons. With speed tweak that puts him at 138.6 in speed. I heard somewhere that the speed is caped at 140 for all mechs, Not sure if this is true but if it is, then that puts the cent at pretty much the same speed as jenners. So if you are twisting to see if hes behind ya, he will gain on ya due to you moving at a odd angle while hes still going toward you.

#9 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

there is a variant i think the cn-9 that does i think 136 i bought it for fun once it can handle a 385 xl engine after the engine all i could get on it was 2 small lasers and 2 streaks with some ammo was fast and yes i could chase jenners down i did it and killed them laughed about it then sold the mech it's just such a ugly build

#10 Icebound

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Just got out of a game where 4 Atlases burst out of the cave and swarmed our team on Frozen City before our scouts could even make it to the ridge. Definitely seems like something is going on...

#11 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostIcebound, on 28 November 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Just got out of a game where 4 Atlases burst out of the cave and swarmed our team on Frozen City before our scouts could even make it to the ridge. Definitely seems like something is going on...

XL360 + speed tweak = Atlas doing about 62 or 63kph.

I am betting you started on the lower end?

#12 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostKousagi, on 27 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

The cent Could keep up with a Jenner. One cent variant can mount the 390, if he uses the XL he should have enough space for some weapons. With speed tweak that puts him at 138.6 in speed. I heard somewhere that the speed is caped at 140 for all mechs, Not sure if this is true but if it is, then that puts the cent at pretty much the same speed as jenners. So if you are twisting to see if hes behind ya, he will gain on ya due to you moving at a odd angle while hes still going toward you.

The speed cap is at 149.3 right now. A speed tweaked Jenner with an XL300 goes that fast, and that isn't with the full speed tweak bonus being properly attributed.

#13 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

This REDACTED guy seems to be popping up everywhere. He must be like a god troll.

#14 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostIcebound, on 28 November 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

I have seen this before also and called "WTF" on it also but as mentioned a well organized team using top pilot skills and engines can make this happen.

I have yet to see any mech actually look as if they are speed hacking since playing 1000's of matches.

#15 Xatik

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSumy, Ukraine

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Centurion-D is light mech killer.
It used 300xl or 350xl engines and will have 104 km/h or 122 km/h.
When it starts to deal dmg on light mech, enemy trys to run away + strafe. So if enemy strafes - there is no chance to run away. Only option to survive = run close to the group of friendly.

Cent-D with 350xl engine build is around 17 mil CBills. I have it. I love it. I use it.

#16 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah centurions honestly run too fast. They run so fast the animation can't keep up and it just looks like they're sliding across the floor, poor design decision.

#17 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostCel, on 28 November 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Yeah centurions honestly run too fast. They run so fast the animation can't keep up and it just looks like they're sliding across the floor, poor design decision.

Was about to make that same exact comment. Looks so painfully awkward, too

#18 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 28 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Was about to make that same exact comment. Looks so painfully awkward, too

They look like they're ice skating. First time I saw it I thought the game was lagging or something. I'm not entirely sure if it's fair they run that fast, that's pretty much what cicadas are supposed to be for. They're both medium mechs and go at the same speed but one of them doesn't have missile hardpoints. Balanced.

#19 RED4CTED

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationEverywhere!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostCel, on 28 November 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

This REDACTED guy seems to be popping up everywhere. He must be like a god troll.

Kneel before RED4CTED!

Not sure why IGP can't get my name right though. :D

#20 Cel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostRED4CTED, on 28 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Kneel before RED4CTED!

Not sure why IGP can't get my name right though. :D

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users