An Overlooked 8R Build?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Currently running with quad srm6+artemis,and that's it,and the rest is full of ammo and HS,1.76 heat iirc,and about 675ammo without repairing fir ammo(saves LOTS of money ),and I don't give a rats *** about peppering my post with big words,so yeah,just wanted to share my build,and also,aim for the head for enemy cats and awesomes,aaaand torso shots to most of the other mechs,does about 60 damage at 150ish metres(before the rockets split up)every 3ish seconds(?). Also try to hide behind atlases/damage soaker,just pop out n in hammering the enemy,this setup is more of a support/scout killer

-Infavol<<<<does signing my name there make me cool? I don't understand why
people do that lol

#2 DrAssclown

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I've been using something similar, but with 2LL in the arm for better range.

Spoiler

#3 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

yeah, ive tried a similar build(1L 1M) but i dont wanna waste money re-arming my srms, im looking for a nice balance between power and profit :)

#4 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

4xSRM6 w/Artemis, 3xML... can't remember the ammo count or HS total... but been pretty much running this build since the AWS-8R was put in game...

Very nice build IMO and my personal favorite...

#5 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostStickjock, on 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

4xSRM6 w/Artemis, 3xML... can't remember the ammo count or HS total... but been pretty much running this build since the AWS-8R was put in game...

until the Cataphract come ^^, does anyone know how much it will cost? i want a goal oto hit C-bills wise. currently at 7m

#6 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

To be safe I'm aiming for a bit 10-11 million. The XL engine will add a lot to the price, so I'm estimating based off the AWS-9M price.

#7 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostStickjock, on 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Sort of my go-to -8R when I was playing with those in closed beta. Still totally viable, but I stopped running AWS at all when engine restrictions came down.

#8 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostInfavol, on 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

until the Cataphract come ^^, does anyone know how much it will cost? i want a goal oto hit C-bills wise. currently at 7m

They apparently go for canon prices so like 13.6mil, check the battlech wiki sarna for prices of mechs it usually matches ingame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users