Question about Founders mech Chassis

19 replies to this topic

#1 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'm a little confused. Is the only way i can get an Atlas, Jenner, Hunchback, or Catapult chassis to purchase a founders elite or legendary package?

Or will they be avaliable in the game but I just do not get the 'C-Bill' Bonus and unique skin for them?

#2 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

The later, you can buy all mechs ingame, but just the founders have the exclusive skin and the 25% CBill bonus on them.

#3 Sunny0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationMars / Glass Sphere No. 93

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostRoknari, on 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Or will they be avaliable in the game but I just do not get the 'C-Bill' Bonus and unique skin for them?

Thats it. ;)

#4 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thats reassuring. Thanks for the quick response. In that case I'll probably get an elite lvl plan.

#5 Mordon

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Also, since the information is a little hard to find, you get the *PRIME* variant of each Mech in the Founder's plan. (AS7-D for Atlas etc.) not any arbitrary variant of the Mech.

#6 Kaelin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationScotland.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

founder's mechs are unique/independent variants of:
Jenner (JR7-D)
Hunchback (HBK-4G)
Prat-apult (CPLT-C1)
Atlas (AS7-D) - AKA 'Primary'

they have separate XP trees to their 'stock' counterparts, have unique skins, and a blanket lifetime 25% C-bill bonus.

#7 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

What I don't get...

Is why I would choose a Jenner over an Atlas, even if scouting and Jenner was my preferred Chassis? IN BattleTech, Atlases are about 9million and Jenners 3, so If I "Founder" an Atlas, it would take me significantly shorter time to acquire the Jenner, where as if I "Foundered" the Jenner, it would take quite a while to earn an Atlas.

This is only min/maxing this, of course your preferences may vary.

#8 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

The Atlas has higher overhead costs. A jenner is light, and only has SRMs to reload and some light armor to repair. An Atlas has 19 tons of armor that might need to be replaced, and a couple tons of munitions that need restocking. The Atlas might be more expensive to purchase, but most of your winnings are going to go into keeping the thing running.

#9 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 29 July 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

What I don't get...

Is why I would choose a Jenner over an Atlas, even if scouting and Jenner was my preferred Chassis? IN BattleTech, Atlases are about 9million and Jenners 3, so If I "Founder" an Atlas, it would take me significantly shorter time to acquire the Jenner, where as if I "Foundered" the Jenner, it would take quite a while to earn an Atlas.

Because the Jenner IS cheap. You're gaining all those extra C-Bills and spending very little of it on upkeep; as you suggested, you can replace your entire Mech three times for the cost of repairing a single blown-up Atlas... and unlike the Atlas, a Jenner can run away from a furball gone bad and conserve it's armour. And then there's ammo... Atlas is loading up on SRMs, LRMs, and AC rounds, while your little Jenner only pays for a few SRMs. Pocket the money and get a bigger Mech if you like, but a Jenner is sounding like a good cash-grinder.

#10 BlackJackal

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Is why I would choose a Jenner over an Atlas, even if scouting and Jenner was my preferred Chassis?

Well, if you would play the Jenner much more than you'd play the Atlas, then the 25% C-bill bonus would add up over time to greater savings.

#11 Woska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

The only difference between the standard version and the founders is that c-bill bonus and the skin. The same mech chassis will be available in game.

#12 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

The Atlas and the Jenner have different roles on the battlefield. If your role is that of a scout, the Jenner is the way to go (unless you are Lyran). EPs will not be based on simply how many mechs one kills, but on how effective one is as part of the lance/company. This game is focused on the team rather than a high kill score. Check out what the devs have to say about role warfare.

#13 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

What I don't get...

Don't under estimate the Jenners dude. They wrack shop.

Edited by BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, 30 July 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#14 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostRoknari, on 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

I'm a little confused. Is the only way i can get an Atlas, Jenner, Hunchback, or Catapult chassis to purchase a founders elite or legendary package?

You can either purchase a founders package and get one or four of the base variants in founders colors with a permanent cbill bonus or not and buy them one at a time. If you have a founders version of the base variant you need not buy a non founders base variant for it takes the base variants place and is otherwise the same - all this has been said by devs in the past.

#15 Andrew Hazen

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I'm a little bit upset that i can't designe the Camo Spec etc og my founder Mechs.

#16 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I believe this is forthcoming.

#17 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yeah in the most recent ask the devs they mention about paintable hero mechs coming in March. Besides the Founder's Atlas still has missing missile slots. All of the Founder's mechs aren't quite as sharp looking as their non founder version so could probably do with a pass on them anyways.

#18 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

They said hero mechs in march would be able to change their colour's not camo... whether this will apply to founder chassis is another question.

#19 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Yep, should be able to change the color for both in march.

But GREAT thread nekro btw :D

#20 Sir Burpalot21

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Holy Necro Bump Batman!! This thread was almost 7 months dead!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users