House Liao introductions

267 replies to this topic

#1 Robert9670

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Since I haven't seen a topic dedicated to House Liao introductions, I thought that I would start one. Just post your pilot name, background, and other interests.

Pilot Name: Robert9670

Background: MechAssault, read MechWarrior novels "By Blood Betrayed", "Roar of Honor", and "Ghost of Winter". Also I do have the BattleTech Field Manual about the Capellan Confederation.

Other interests: Star Wars, Mass Effect series, our universe, prehistoric life, reading books, video games, watching movies, military history

I chose House Liao as I want to help defeat the enemies of House Liao, but I also want to help bring glory to the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. I also look forward to fighting alongside all of you here under the banner of the Capellan Confederation.

Edited by Robert9670, 25 April 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#2 OhGilPin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I might as well get the ball rolling

OhGilPin here...

My main reasons for joining the Capellan Confederation lyes within the community although we are the smallest we are the mightiest :P

A read through all of the houses on Sarna helped me place where I would like to be, also killing Davions sounds like fun, I did not really look into what 'Mechs the house uses but I was pleasantly surprised with the selection of BattleMechs

Within BattleTech I have played all of MechWarrior4 and expansions, also played MechWarrior 2
I have only just started reading the books...

Some over interests outside of BattleTech: video games, films, the occasional book, airsoft and making movies.

Edited by OhGilPin, 25 April 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#3 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Volturnus.

I joined the CapCon because their politics made the most sense to me, and because I like their lore and 'Mechs the best.

The only other MechWarrior game I've played is MechCommander so I don't have much of a background canon-wise though I plan to start reading the books soon.

Non-BattleTech interests include plenty of other tabletop games, and just about anything technological.

#4 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Its funny Robert is actually my brother so i will get to fight him which will be pretty fun in a some friendly Mech combat :blink: . I also have my other brother Reed496 who has joined House Steiner so its gonna be pretty epic when MWO comes out.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostRoss486, on 26 April 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Its funny Robert is actually my brother so i will get to fight him which will be pretty fun in a some friendly Mech combat :blink: . I also have my other brother Reed496 who has joined House Steiner so its gonna be pretty epic when MWO comes out.

One brother wanted to fight for "freedom", the second wanted the best education (both in terms of military personel and normal studies), while the third stayed back home with rich parents? :P

#6 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

I posted this in another thread from January, so I will repost here.

Welcome to MW:O and to House Liao.

View PostAdridos, on 22 November 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

Metro, you always greet us, you help us, you share hundreds of opinions, but I never saw you talking a bit about yourself. You are probably long known community member from the days of Mechwarrior 2/3 (too many posts to be from the MW 1 era Posted Image ), but some of us (like me) do not know anything about you. What about you introduce yourself to us? Posted Image

P.S. Grats on the new rank. Posted Image

Adridos,

I only just met you a few weeks ago, and I must say, you have yet failed to amaze me with your spirit, outgoing character and inquisitive outlook on all things BT/MW/MWO and Liao.

I must state that I appreciate the way you represent the House of Liao on the forums. I hope others will take notice and follow suit.

I personally look forward to getting to know you better in the up and coming months on the MWO forums, and once we get rolling on open coms over Ventrillo I look forward to some great conversations.

I will share a few tid-bits about myself with you, but I will leave any remaining references about me, up to those whom I have known for years, and played countless hours online with.

But my new friend you asked for a little back ground, so I will oblige and provide you a little insight into who "Metro" is.

One thing you will have figured out now for yourself, is I am Capellan to the core. Green skin,green blood, green bones, green clothing,GREEN GREEN GREEN.

Why you ask?

Easy Answer: Loyalty. Something I have witnessed many I have met in the last 20 years fail to be able to claim to their hearts core. Why? It is always easier to move off when the s h i t hits the fan, and go somewhere where you can blend into the back ground and hide. But those who have stuck it out, defended Liao, Liao integrity, Liao splendor and Liao History, and we call one another friends? Well they have my full attention and dedication and will so until the day the Good Lord Calls me outta here.

How I came into MultiPlayerBattletech and all the great people I have come to know, was the reverse course of many who I know

I started playing online Batteltech in 1981 then got involved in EGA, Genie, Solaris, MPBT 3025 where I had always just run alone, because I was new to it, noone knew me, and I was new to computers and probably a little scared.

Then one day after days and weeks of no one speaking to me or inviting me to play, lo' and behold I was approached by a House Liao Officer. His Name was Green Hornet. A dude named Richard from the Carolinas! I was SO happy, I finally had a friend. He talked to me for a couple of days and took me under his wing, and taught me the ins and outs of the online game tactics.

Hence I joined House Liao.

I got to meet and talk to former and Current House Leadership and probably 100-200 of the most interesting Capellan people I had ever come across.

Blackwidow
Mao
Green Hornet
Kyll Long
Raistlin Teng
Tatsu
Beck
Virgil
Jarrick
Diablo
Icefire
StealthDeath
Nomad
Warcry(Felony)
Paleryder
and the list goes on and on....

They all taught me about, House Liao, about respect, honor, loyalty,structure and order and set me out to fight! I was determined to protect them with everything I had to give.

From there I immersed myself in all things Liao, bought the board game, cards, story books, field manuals, miniatures hat,shirts, etc etc and I have stood by House Liao since I was just a young squirt.

You are correct MW1 I missed, but MW2,3,4 mech assualt, mpbt games and now Mwll and Mektek were all we had,

TILL NOW.

I am stoked about MWO and the promise it holds for our BT/MW Community. I want House Liao to play a big part in seeing it become a massive success.

Met

#7 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostMetro, on 27 April 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

I posted this in another thread from January, so I will repost here...

Well said, Metro. Your post stirred up the Liao pride in me *sheds manly green tear*

Edited by Volturnus, 27 April 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#8 Robert9670

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Nice posts everyone, let's keep the ball rolling.

#9 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostAdridos, on 27 April 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

One brother wanted to fight for "freedom", the second wanted the best education (both in terms of military personel and normal studies), while the third stayed back home with rich parents? ;)

That's a pretty good assumption looking forward to fighting you guys on the battlefield.

#10 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostVolturnus, on 27 April 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Well said, Metro. Your post stirred up the Liao pride in me *sheds manly green tear*

I added you as a friend on here since you seem like a pretty cool capellan if you don't mind a Davion being your friend ;) .

#11 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostRoss486, on 27 April 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

I added you as a friend on here since you seem like a pretty cool capellan if you don't mind a Davion being your friend ;) .

OOC? It's all good ;)

#12 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostVolturnus, on 27 April 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

OOC? It's all good ;)

Yeah just trying to keep up foreign relations with House Liao ;) .

#13 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostVolturnus, on 25 April 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Volturnus.
I joined the CapCon because their politics made the most sense to me, and because I like their lore and 'Mechs the best.

Umm... How did you Join a House please? ...I was under the impression that once the game starts we would have to choose a House and then anyone else in that house would be our potential Lance mates.

Is this not true?

#14 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostRender, on 27 April 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Umm... How did you Join a House please? ...I was under the impression that once the game starts we would have to choose a House and then anyone else in that house would be our potential Lance mates.

Is this not true?

Oh, it is. But some have allready decided which House/Faction they will join.

#15 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 27 April 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Oh, it is. But some have allready decided which House/Faction they will join.

okay cool thanks, I just don't want to find myself homeless when the game starts... and its Steiner for me all the way.

See you in my target reticle :-)

#16 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostRender, on 27 April 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

See you in my target reticle :-)

Never knew that Steiner ejection seats have target reticles. ;)

#17 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 27 April 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Never knew that Steiner ejection seats have target reticles. ;)

WoooHooo.... And the Smack Talk has begun.

#18 Reed496

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

House Steiner for the win...
Posted Image

#19 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostReed496, on 27 April 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

House Steiner for the win...

Posted Image
Together against a common enemy. ;)

#20 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Maybe we should all team up against the dracs that would be cool ;) .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users