4 replies to this topic

#1 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Look, I am ALL about helping the team, and any tools given that can assist...I am all for it.
But TAG, I am not convinced. Especially since my primary mech is my founders Jenner.
Cmon lite pilots. Are you really sold on Tag?

#2 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Tags are fantastic if you're dropping with someone who will use it. If you aren't, don't bother.

#3 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIn front of the cannon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

if you're running with SSRM2 consider bringing a TAG. i believe they improve the Streaks hit rate too. whether or not you want to trade a medium laser though is up to you.

#4 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

See..that's my point right there. I am running the D with 4 Meds and AMS. And with the hardpoints, I lose 5 points of potential damage if I add Tag.
I mean, really, shouldn't that duty be left to a Raven? Whom, it should naturally fit? I mean...a Jenner is supposed to be a scrapper, not a "true scout". Unless your talking the F. Then , I can see it

#5 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIn front of the cannon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

not sure about the Jenner but i ran one on my COM-2D for a time with 3xSSRM2. the Jenner probably relies more on it's lasers than it's missiles.So might not be a good pick.
its highly situational and inconsitent, can be really awesome if you happen to have LRM on your team. but it can also fail outright.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users