Cent 9D

14 replies to this topic

#1 karmabo

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSydjylland, Denmark

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

i like the stock but does anybody have good setup ?

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Endo Steel and Double Heatsinks will always give you more options to work with and their (current) costs to maintain are not that prohibitive. Just avoid Ferro like the plague.

You can try out different Autocannons. If you get rid of the LRM10 you can probably upgrade your LB10X to a Gauss Rifle or you can get more heat sinks and upgrade the CT lasers to Medium Pulse. If you have problems with Light Mechs then you might want to consider SSRM2s instead of the LRM.

If you want to keep the LRM, you can also consider adding Artemis though I am not sure if it's worth it on just an LRM10.

#3 karmabo

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSydjylland, Denmark

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

the 9d comes std with endo and 300xl at this time i have one mlas 2x srm 4 w. artemis and 1x lbx note bad but im open to new ideas

#4 Duke William

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIS

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

I am having trouble thinking of a way to modify my cent-d. It's fun as it is of course. I did take out the lrms for 2 srm4s. I am thinking of eventually taking out artemis, maybe a smaller xl engine. Then you could switch out the lbx10 for maybe a better ballistic. I don't know if its viable getting the gauss though.

#5 ZionStation

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I took out the 300xl, added a 235 standard. I did the 2x srm w/ artemis as well. Added double heat sinks. Kept the med lasers in the CT. Then I took out the lbx10 and added an ac/2 and machine gun for crit hunting...works well. I ''ve actually got a crit with the machine gun, and I only have one, also the ac fires fast enough to annoy your opponent to a degree while also picking at their armor. This combined with the srms and med lasers means that you can constantly bombared your enemy at close ranges making it extremely hard for them to fight back. If you focus with team mates on certain armor points you wreck everything. Also, I finished the build by filling in the extra tonnage with armor. Not my favorite centurion build, but it is fun and I despise the hardpoints in the wang.

#6 ragbasti

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am currently running my D-Model as a fast harassment brawler that can also take the role of scout (especially when ECM finally comes out).
Here is my setup, which I am super happy with:

XL 320 - 103.6 KPH (111,5 with Speed Tweak unlocked)
2 SRM 6 + Artemis + 5 Tons of Ammo (I personally find Artemis to be an absolute must in this build as the aditional rocket speed and lowered rocket spread makes hitting things alot easier at the speed you will be going at)
2 Medium Lasers
AMS + 1 Ton of Ammo
2 DHSs in the Engine getting you to a total of 12 DHS in your mech.

I started out with an XL 340 engine, minus 1 ton of ammo, minus the necessary armor to free up tonnage but after unlocking Speed Tweak I found that 118 KPH were just a tad too fast for my playstyle and I was missing more than hitting - this might also be due to the inaccurate hotboces at that speed but it might also just be my own inability to lead correctly at such a speed.
However after reducing the engine to a 320 I was back at 110+ KPH and I even managed to free up ana additional 2 tons which resultet in +1 stack of ammo and full armor on ly legs (which stores most of my ammo).
However, when ECM is released I'll probably dump the 1 ton of extra ammo in it's favor.

My playstyle:
It really depends on the map you are on but first and foremost you are a supposed to scout ahead a little bit (but remember you are only half a scout) and get some attention. If any light mech comes your way you should have no problem to get a couples SRMs in which most likely leaves some part of their torso either almost critical or even more.
On River City you can be a bit braver due to the cover the buildings offer.
My personal record was taking apart 2 Cats and a Hunchback in the lower city by just following a strict hit and run tactic, always firing off 1-2 loads of SRMs before disappearing again behind the next best building.
However, on the other more open maps you will want to fall back a bit when the real fight starts and then really just flank the LRM boats and ranged supports, which should be easy at 111,5 KPH !
Never stand still and try to appraoch enemies from the side in a zick-zack fashion and you'll be mostly safe except for veteran players ^^
Get up close and personal because LRMs are useless and most projectile weapons are hard to aim at such a distance regarding your speed. 2-3 hits will kill any cockpit or break open any back armor (even on an atlas), after that it's just hit and run again.
You can easily stall 3-5 enemies that way if you play smart and use the terrain, especially if you have maybe another light mech with you to devide up the attention a bit between the two of you.
Having no weapon in the right arms also comes in really handy because there are many pseudo-veterans out there that will always go for your ballistic arm first, not even looking at your lordout ^^

This build also works great with the centurion A btw ;)
+ Smaller engine (XL260) -1 DHS - 14 armor, however: +1 SRM 6 + 1 ton of ammo
This might not sound like much but those 3 SRMs can 2 hit almost any mech smaller than an assault if you do it right. Your max speed will be about 90 KPH.
and easily 1 hit everything if you get the cockpit (awesome, cata, cent, cicada ^^)
The lasers should be used more carefully but heat is still manageable.

However playing a Cent D this way is has its big downsides:

-if you get too cocky, you WILL die
-If your torso armor breaks at any points, you are a walking bomb - play REALLY careful and you might survive getting a few more assists/kills. Better retreat and leave the rest to your team - poppoing up every now and again from a safe spot throwing a few more SRMs
-lasers (not pulsers) are your worst enemy if more than 2 enemies have tham as their will really wear you down, most of the time without noticing
-artemis SRMs net me about 50-70k of rearming cost every match. Of course you can start with 75% ammo but then you will probably run out as i almost always use up all of them except maybe 100 plus/minus 50

This pretty muh sums it up ^^
Play safe and smart and you'll have a great time. You might not be the biggest killing machine, but 6-8 assists are a no go with this mech, and I mean proper assists not just "Ooooh, I've scratched him with my laser, once..:"

Edited by ragbasti, 14 November 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#7 Bagua

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostElizander, on 13 November 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

If you want to keep the LRM, you can also consider adding Artemis though I am not sure if it's worth it on just an LRM10.

I run the 9D with the stock engine, 2x Artemis LRM10, 4 tons of ammo and 2 med pulse lasers. The additional free space is stuffed with DHS. I just love this setup.

#8 SirSlaughter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 370 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Here is my build fellow centurion pilots. Give it a try ;)

Centurion CNT9-D
1 AC10, 2 tons
2 Med las
2 SRM4, 2 tons
1 Double heatsink
Engine XL300
Endo steel

Edited by SirSlaughter, 16 November 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#9 Tenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTSF

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

My build cent 9-D
obnoxious pc-gamer skin (resembles the red baron colors)
OP monkey bobble / Underpowered Nvidia fairy w/o jiggle physics
1 SRM 6 w/ 1ton ammo
2 ML
Engine XL 390
Endo steel
HS if they fit.

You got yourself a vroom vroom boom and zoom(B&Z) mech that zooms from cover to cover unloading his stuff. It'll be best if you have the speed tweak so you can vrroom vroom at ~135kph so grind for that XL390! Ah, after you alpha torso twist so one of your arms take the brunt of the damage just in case they decide to shoot back.

You also have to add some macros so that when your game starts you type in all vroooommmm, this let's the enemy's know that they are facing a B&Z mech we want the enemy to cower in fear (psychological warfare). Now when your about to enter your boom and zoom attack run you have to have a macro type boom (again psychological warfare, they are cowering in fear now because YOU have just pretty much said one of you will die tonight) and after you fly past your target you have a macro saying zoom. The mech should have rolled over and and go into a handstand if it didn't then well your probably running without the OP bobble monkey. Well it's okay the Nvidia fairy w/o the jiggle physics works too, but your going to have to make 1-3 more B&Z runs.

This tactic will essentially be the same once/if melee is implemented except you can now do the Gunvarrel Ankh Strike! macros will be Boom > Gunvarrel Ankh Strike! > Zoom

reference:
Why you want the OP Bobble Monkey .
Gunvarrel Ankh Strike!
Posted Image

#10 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I keep the 300xl and add endosteel and double heat sinks. Weapons load out is AC/5 (3 tons Ammo), 2 SRM4 (Artemis, 2 tons ammo), and 2 medium lasers. It's nigh impossible to overheat, and with speed tweak, you play like an oversized Jenner with the sniping/brawling potential of the auto cannon.

#11 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

300 xl, Max Amor
2MedPlaser
2SRM6 Atremis
AMS

Works fine.

#12 Arvinman

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Here is my build

300 XL, ES, DHS
Max Armor - except leg (remove 1 ton of armor from legs)
AC2 with 2 ton of Ammo
AC5 with 2 ton of Ammo
2x ML
AMS

Put both ACs in group 1 and shoot it at enemy head. Those are the real harasser and can use in many situation. (snipe LRM boat, stunning any slow movement mech etc etc.

Sometime I pair with my friend's Dragon that come with 3x AC2 and pump all bullets in to the same target. MAX FUN! :(

#13 Lamenter captain

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

2x MPL
3x SRM6 +plenty of ammo

lulz.

#14 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I found the XL engine cost prohibitive for any match where I actually died, and a decent number of those where I didn't, so I stripped it out and shoved it in my Jenner.

My 9d is now running: 2Mlas 2SRM6 (3ton ammo) 2MG (1ton ammo) and a standard 300.
If I felt like paying the cash I'd probably dump the MG and add Artemis on the SRMs.

One thing to note, is to make sure you have a button bound to open the ****ing missile bay doors, they'll really throw your aim off, and make it much harder to take snapshots.

Edited by One Medic Army, 17 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#15 Sean Drake

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I find this pretty fun.

1xgauss+ 2ammo
2xSL
2xSSRM+ 2ammo
AMS+1ammo

Everything else stock with I think 1 0r 2 extra HS.

Shreds scouts, but can still take on larger mechs and repair bills are ok.

Oh and the atremis is bugged so don't remove it as it costs 500k but does not free up the 2t like it should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users