3697 replies to this topic

#3681 Like a Sir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 589 posts
  • LocationUSA NW

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, where did the poll go? They pulled a Houdini on us! Dirty sanches is soon to follow!!!

#3682 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I'll never spend another dime if 3rd person goes live. As many MANY have stated, 3rd person does not belong in this game.

#3683 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

guys, hurry, re cast your votes: http://mwomercs.com/...s-poll-revived/

#3684 sunprice

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

noobs should go to play Arcade Game , not MWO cause this is MECH WARRIOR .

#3685 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

This is what will make me quit this game altogether. 3rd Person, regardless of a seperate game mode, is dumb.

Every single pilot in this game learned the current mechanics just fine. We didn't need 3rd person. Have the players of this game become so ******** they can't even operate the game mechanics anymore ?

#3686 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Great, broken immersion, exploits, and more on the way.

Appeasing the wrong crowd there PGI.

#3687 Strajen Marez

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheast Alabama

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostThe Herrick, on 14 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

I don't mind 3rd person for spectator mode but whenever you are in control of your mech it should be in 1st person. Yes, even when you fall over in collisions with other mechs (if they ever add it back in). I don't wanna see my Jenner faceplant the ground, I want to be in the mech watching my pilot brace himself during the fall, get shaken about in the impact and then fumble with the controls in a blind panic as he struggles to get the mech back on it's feet.

WHERES MUH IMMERSUNS?

YES SIR THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3688 QuantumPeep

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I would appreciate some sort of tutorial mode with 3rd person view, so my wife will finally join me in the MWO Universe. As it stands now: No chance! She gave it a go, but found ist difficult.

She's an avid and capable gamer and plays the TT quite succesfully with me from time to time, but unlike myself, she has no experience with simulation type computer games and actually controlling a mech is not as easy as controlling a soldier in a frag fest or a hero in DC Universe, (which she is really good at), and quite a different ballgame compared to the TT, even if she understands the mechanics of Battletech.

Remember folks, we were all noobs once and not everyone has the time or patience to learn a fairly complex game like MWO. Consider the 'joy' you must feel, when you try out MWO having no experience and getting stomped within the first 2 minutes each and every time.

Splitting the player base by actually offering a choice of 1st person/3rd person servers...well not sure about that one either. Like I said, some sort of tutorial environment would be great though.

As it stands, the learning curve is too steep for inexperience newcomers.

Edited by QuantumPeep, 24 January 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#3689 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

No idea why the poll vanished. We'll look into it!

#3690 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

They could always Dload MW4 for free and learn to play there if they are going to offer no other training server/center as the videos are cool and all but boring. 3RDpV only onens the door for ore hacks and cheats and detracts from the game in a great manner.

#3691 Tarantoga

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

this is stupid, they cant figure out controls? they wont be able to figure other aspects of the game too, should you make the game casual w/o any depths? what next aim assist? autopilot? two dozens hitns displayed on screen telling you what to do? hell f no

#3692 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Intersting - the poll is gone, but the thread is still described on the forum page as having a poll. Maybe it has too many votes? :)

#3693 Azze

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Absolutely no! 3rd person doesn't belong in this game.

#3694 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostEgomane, on 24 January 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

No idea why the poll vanished. We'll look into it!

Please do, I'm not one for the unfounded accusations and weird theories but many are and this just looks very, very bad. This was on place where the player base on the forum has actually been overwhelmingly united and that poll was very very public proof of that.

I understand technical issues happen but just the fact it went away is going to spur all kinds of crazy suspicions and rage. If you do figure out anything out about it's disappearance please update us here because this will be pointed out as a "PGI is HIDING STUFF FROM US" moment if an explanation isn't found. I don't agree with it and i 'm sure this has already crossed your mind, but we all know how it works.

#3695 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 24 January 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Please do, I'm not one for the unfounded accusations and weird theories but many are and this just looks very, very bad. This was on place where the player base on the forum has actually been overwhelmingly united and that poll was very very public proof of that.

I understand technical issues happen but just the fact it went away is going to spur all kinds of crazy suspicions and rage. If you do figure out anything out about it's disappearance please update us here because this will be pointed out as a "PGI is HIDING STUFF FROM US" moment if an explanation isn't found. I don't agree with it and i 'm sure this has already crossed your mind, but we all know how it works.

The weird thing is, that the thread shows a poll, but the poll is nowhere to be found. I checked the first post, but haven't found anything unusual. With the few ressources available to me, I can only tell you that it looks like there is no poll. All poll options are empty.

We have a ticket open and I hope someone from IGP with administrative rights or server access will take a closer look soon.

#3696 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostEgomane, on 24 January 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

The weird thing is, that the thread shows a poll, but the poll is nowhere to be found. I checked the first post, but haven't found anything unusual. With the few ressources available to me, I can only tell you that it looks like there is no poll. All poll options are empty.

We have a ticket open and I hope someone from IGP with administrative rights or server access will take a closer look soon.

Thanks

#3697 Jakspanky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

I usually don't join in on these developer bashing sessions but it would remove a lot from the game the skill of the pilot edge away from the game.
that lovely feeling you get when you stop behind a stalker because he is waiting for you to come round save turning that slug around.
I would love to see how pretty my new paint job in these lovely atmospheric graphics but it would become to arcade.
pls no 3rd person

#3698 Tooninki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFinland/FRR

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ok!

3rd person camera is fine, as long is only used in the forthgoming training room and nowhere else!
Or only for the duration of 25 games when you get the cadet bonus.
Otherwise Mechwarrior online will be called MechASSault online as this will be 3rd of thar series...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users