After 4P/4Sp, Which Hunchback ?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Arzargul

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I already have the 4P and the 4SP, which one should i use and how ?
I have problem to decide between the 4h and the 4 g.
Can you help me ?

thx

#2 Child3k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

I did get the 4G as my third HBK. But it's my least favorite HBK-Chassis so far. The AC/20 is kinda fun - but it really is a different playing style with the ballistic weapons - plus if u got higher pings like me (130-140ish) it can be really hard to hit. After a couple of matches I switched out the 20 for twin AC2 - which is way better for me, because if u miss, u can just shoot again :(

#3 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Grabbed an HBK-G, but replaced the AC/20 with an LBX, still sucks, I'd go with the J version if I had to choose again.

#4 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

The 4G uses the AC20 as its brawling weapon. The 4H plays more like a dedicated marksman with the AC10 which uses its medium lasers in the brawl. The 4H is more flexible, the 4G really works well when the other team has a few assaults to shoot at.

But if you want to switch things up, try the 4J.

Edited by Hauser, 14 November 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#5 Brock Rockhard

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTraining Yard, Hofn

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I'd go for the 4G w/ the AC/20. Just be sure to line up those shots!

#6 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

I slapped a Gauss cannon in the G and a trio of MLAS (arms, head). It was... meh. The Gauss cannon can lay down nice damage, but it is also the most obvious target in the world. Once you lose that shoulder, it takes the arm with it and you're down to just two mediocre MLAS.

You have to change up your gameplan and either work as a sniper, or get good at bushwhacking the enemy and hopefully taking out the most powerful weapon system they have with your opening alpha of Gauss and lasers. When it does work, it works well. When you get singled out or picked at by fast movers, it isn't so great.

I also tried a few other things trying to hammer it into being a brawler like the P and SP. Twin AC2s were not as effective as I would have liked but were certainly entertaining. A single AC5 was not enough punch or spam. Never tried the LBX, that might be more effective if you really want to brawl. I even was daft and tried two LLAS and a MLAS, but didn't like it. In the end, the mech is designed around that giant big hitting cannon. You can either play to that strength and prosper, or kick against it and end up with a less effective mech you could have built on a more suitable platform for cheaper.

Kinda wish I had taken the 4H with its multiple energy hardpoints. Feel like the mech has more staying power and versatility.

#7 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

H or J depending on if you prefer Ballistics or Missles. I don't know why anyone would recommend a 4G over the H or J. You really can't do anything worthwhile with the extra ballistic slots in a 50 ton mech, you end up with low ammo or no support weapons

#8 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

The H is a G that can't use multiple ballistics, and makes up for it with some extra laser slots. Unless you plan to use multiple ballistics the H is the better choice (for AC/20 or Gauss for instance).

The J is a SP with only 1 energy per arm, both missiles in one torso, and 3 energy slots in said torso. If you liked the SP playstyle the J might be for you, just expect to loose your torsos more often.

#9 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 14 November 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

You have to change up your gameplan and either work as a sniper, or get good at bushwhacking the enemy and hopefully taking out the most powerful weapon system they have with your opening alpha of Gauss and lasers. When it does work, it works well. When you get singled out or picked at by fast movers, it isn't so great..

Put on the AC20 and try following an Atlas around. People won't even notice you.

#10 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

View Postarmitage, on 14 November 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

H or J depending on if you prefer Ballistics or Missles. I don't know why anyone would recommend a 4G over the H or J. You really can't do anything worthwhile with the extra ballistic slots in a 50 ton mech, you end up with low ammo or no support weapons

Indeed. That was what I learned during my time with it. It seems to be the weakest of the Hunchies.

#11 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

The 4G is one of my favorite mechs in the game, but I know I am in the minority. That said, the Hunchy 4SP is definitely my favorite mech in the game, and I like it just a bit more than the 4G.

#12 Arzargul

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Egal at the end i can take a 4j ... I just want a mecha which one i can be utile for my team and not a pain in the *** for me.

#13 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

the 4g is good as long as you use terrain for cover and dont go out in front of your team... you should play it as a flanker/ambusher/atlas supporter. try 3 ac2's in the 4g... that boom boom boom on another mech is just depressing for them as they wont be able to aim at all.

4h is decent as well. the extra energy hardpoints allows for more customization. it should also be played the same.

#14 Shikon

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostMister Dubis, on 14 November 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

the 4g is good as long as you use terrain for cover and dont go out in front of your team... you should play it as a flanker/ambusher/atlas supporter. try 3 ac2's in the 4g... that boom boom boom on another mech is just depressing for them as they wont be able to aim at all.

4h is decent as well. the extra energy hardpoints allows for more customization. it should also be played the same.

yeah i am using the 4G with triple AC2 and 4 ton of ammo.

it eats all mech up exept for lights.

its my favourite mech so far. between the 4g 4p and 4sp

just remember that people llike shooting that giant *** cannon on your side..

#15 Arzargul

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostShikon, on 14 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

yeah i am using the 4G with triple AC2 and 4 ton of ammo.

it eats all mech up exept for lights.

its my favourite mech so far. between the 4g 4p and 4sp

just remember that people llike shooting that giant *** cannon on your side..

can you please post your build ?

#16 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

4J is my favorite hunchback
You can equip it just like the 4SP, except you have one more energy hardpoint.

#17 Jaded Jasper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

The Hunchback G is only good if you're planning to mount multiple AC 2s or 5s. A Gauss Rifle is better in most situations though, and so the Hunchback H winds up being the better mech.

Essentially with the G you can get a Gauss and 3 MLs, but with an H you can trade your 4th ton of ammo for a 4th ML and still have enough heat sinks to use them all.

The G's primary advantage is that if you have it as a Founder's mech you grind money faster with it.

#18 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I have 4P, 4SP and 4H. The latter to me is superior in any aspect to the 4G; 4H can mount AC20/Gauss, has more energy hardopints, the right torso is a little less bulkier and allows more configurations (5 mlas with xl, or 3smlas+2mlas with STD). The 4G is too limited for backup weapons, and useful only if you want to have fun with dual AC5 or triple AC2s, both to me aren't efficient as having a single AC10 or gauss or AC20.

#19 Arzargul

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Can someone give me a good build for a 4h ?

thx :wacko:

#20 Cstriker

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Buy the 4H. Here's why, the H is more versatile then the G with the reduction in balistics slot and increase to energy. On a hunch, you only need one Balistic weapon, and it should be be a BIG one. So, get the H, swap the AC/10 or 20 or whatever it is and put in a Gauss. You will need endo, DHS, and a XL 260 engine, along with x5 Small Las.

You will kill stuff at long range, and be dangerous in a brawl...lights are tricky though...

I plan on buying an H myself for my second hunch to make it a Gauss hunch.

http://mwomercs.com/...or-new-players/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users