#1 Coastal0

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

G'day guys.

I'm curious; There seems to be little love for the Founders Hunchback variant in the guides section, and nobody seems to openly enjoy playing the damn thing, but contrary to the nature of the MwO Forums, there's no shitstorm brewing about it!
How is this possible!

#2 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

It's because the major shitstorm is still circling around Gausspult, I guess.

I actually just sold my 4-G yesterday for its terrible performance. I can't find a single good loadout on it. Few 'Mechs allow more than one ballistic weapons mounted, but mounting two or more Autocannons inevitably lead to XL engine (According to my experience, a medium should have at least a 245 engine to obtain ideal maneuverability), which is highly vulnerable on a HBK and very expensive to fix.

#3 VangerWraith3

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm running the Hunchback-4P variant, and it seems really nice with all the lasers if you can focus your shots on the same spot. I would think that each mech has a most efficient build that you can put on it. With the 4G variant, I would recommend focusing on slightly fewer weapons, but better heat/armor and heavier weapons.

#4 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I run my 4G with 2 Mlas. and 1 Gauss. STD 215, Endo, DHS. Not bad but I find it out classed by my 4SP.

#5 VangerWraith3

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

What do you run on your 4SP?

#6 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostVangerWraith3, on 14 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

What do you run on your 4SP?

http://www.mechspecs....php?152-******

#7 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I run mine with gauss + 3 tons of ammo, 2MPL, 225STD engine, endo & DHS (need just one outside of engine). It's so much fun, I only wish i could squeeze another ton of gauss ammo.

It's very cheap to rearm and repair, and with founders and premium bonuses, it's my primary money maker.

#8 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Mine is currently 200STD, 2MPL, AC-20 w/ 2 tons, AMS w/ 1 tons, 12 Double Heat Sinks, and Endo Steel. I only just recently switched it to MPL from MLAS. I like it, since I'm mostly following an Assault mech and trying to guard its back against Lights. The extra two tons for MPL used to be an additional heat sink and another ton of AMS ammo.

When I have some spare cash, I might drop back to the MLAS, maybe drop another heat sink if I have to, and bump it up to a 225STD engine. I think I'd need another half ton from somewhere though, and I'm not sure I have it. Upping to XL isn't an option if I want to keep the AC-20.

I think the most important thing to remember in the HBK is not to rush ahead... because you don't have the speed to rush back. That may seem counter-intuitive, but the point is don't be first to the fight. Start of the match I am usually moving at 48kph and not my max of 64kph. That's because I want to match the speed of the assaults and heavies, and only up it if I need to chase down (to my limited capacity) whatever ends up swarming them.

#9 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I love my almost stock 4G. Been playing with the exact loadout so I don't have it here. Been trying ES and DHS. 2 tons ac/20 ammo and AMS, almost max armor (-1 per leg from max). The rest is pretty fluid.

#10 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I took the mostly stock HBK-4G(F) all the way to Master. I pulled a heatsink and dropped 1 armor from the legs to fit an AMS. Made a small tribute video to it in the process. Lots of fun and I love it, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the worst choices for Founders.

#11 Mitnek

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I've swapped the AC/20 until they beef it up a bit. I've outfitted my 4G with AC/5 + UAC/5 and I'm having a blast.

You have to run XL, but my mentality behind it is that you are nothing without the hunch anyways (left with two lasers if RT goes down) so you might as well throw an XL in there and get maximum output.

Repairs can be pricey but you still make money on losses even if your engine gets blown.

My build is XL, endo, DHS.

The dual ACs really help with hitting the little guys; it's not as painful as missing your AC/20 shot, and it is still devastating to the backside of any heavy/assault. You still have to use cover and peek.

If you are lucky enough to be around a mech that draws fire, you can wreak havoc.

#12 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I just bought this one as my first medium and dunno if i have to regret it or not. The problem ist my ping of about 130 and therefore the awful aim of the AC20.. any advice how to set the mech up so i can actually deal more damage than my 6ML jenner?

#13 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostDerSpecht, on 16 November 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

I just bought this one as my first medium and dunno if i have to regret it or not. The problem ist my ping of about 130 and therefore the awful aim of the AC20.. any advice how to set the mech up so i can actually deal more damage than my 6ML jenner?

I have the same ping and it's not impossible to compensate for it. It takes allot of practice, you both have to lead your target and your own angle. It also helps if you stand still to take your shot.

Though I generally only bring my 4G when my lance has at least two assaults. This gives me some big slow targets on the other team to shoot at.

Don't expect damage beyond the 300 though. With the 4G that's enough to kill at least 3 mechs.

Edited by Hauser, 16 November 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#14 Itsacon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

My 4G outfit: 245 Std, ES, FF, DHS, Gauss+2t ammo, 2Mlas (arms), AMS+1t. Armour maxed out except for the legs. I also balanced the torso armour more equally between front and rear.

Does a very respectable 79 km/h, packs a reasonable punch.

But don't go at it alone.

#15 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

I think i'll go for gauss then. My dream was an LBX AC 20 for the "shotgun in ya face!"-effect.

#16 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

My Frankenhunch has 2 Large Lasers, 1 Med Laser and 84.2 kph speed with standard 260 engine.
It is heat efficient with 16 DHS too..
It plays completely unlike the standard hunchback playstyle.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 16 November 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#17 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 16 November 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

My Frankenhunch has 2 Large Lasers, 1 Med Laser and 84.2 kph speed with standard 260 engine.
It is heat efficient with 16 DHS too..
It plays completely unlike the standard hunchback playstyle.

Sounds like snipah!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users